Promotion is starting, are you feeling the hype?

Axl_morris

Ok Merck has even hinted that they might not promote it and just find it in the stores one day. Although, if you look, promotion has started sometime ago.

I think it's clear Axl has done his own promoting by saying it is this year. Because, anytime now there is a GNR atricle in a magazine (thinking this weeks kerrang) or radio mention, they are all stating chindem to be released this year. It's like free promotion.

I think hardly davidson is the start of the proper promotion, also, the US tour. The big one. GNR will be the talk of the town wherever they are playing, and they will talk of CD being this year. I mean, come to think of it GNR announced the Europe tour weeks before it happened. The US tour about 6 weeks. They're confident in themselves they can announce a tour just before it happens. So why can't it be the same as the record?

I think it's almost certain, and I'm willing to put money on it that it will be November. Regaurdless of Merck denying 21st, I'm willing to say that's a good guess.

I'm not feeling any hype.

The only place I can get up to date news and info on the band is on web pages like this. And the mainstream music listener hardly cares or knows about these web pages.

I will feel the hype when I go to mainstream webpages, like Yahoo, Myspace, or AOL and see banners, videos, and wallpaper all over the place advertising Chinese Democracy. I'll feel the hype when the newest Rolling Stone or Entertainment Weekly come out and it shows the band on the cover.

As of right now I am feeling no hype because nobody in the world is aware of shit yet besides us fanboys and fangirls.

I'm not feeling any hype.

The only place I can get up to date news and info on the band is on web pages like this. And the mainstream music listener hardly cares or knows about these web pages.

I will feel the hype when I go to mainstream webpages, like Yahoo, Myspace, or AOL and see banners, videos, and wallpaper all over the place advertising Chinese Democracy. I'll feel the hype when the newest Rolling Stone or Entertainment Weekly come out and it shows the band on the cover.

As of right now I am feeling no hype because nobody in the world is aware of shit yet besides us fanboys and fangirls.

true so true..many lives on this borad and thinks the new songs is the shit, wait and see.....No normal person listen so much to a song that it has brainwasehd u to be good.

Its a exited time all i can say.. rock3

Merck was making a dig at the fans who are bitching about promotion.

Trust me, there's no way in hell they are going to release a $13 million dollar + album without any promotion or advance notice. It just isn't going to happen.

The GN'R fan forums have a large number of regulars but all of us combined wouldn't provide enough sales to warrant a profit. They have to appeal to people outside of this circle of fans and they can't do that without promotion of some type of hype.

I think they're going to drop Better as a single, start their tour, and continue promotion until it's out in late November.

I was looking out of the window and, yep, there were people running over the street crying ..."Chinese Democracy starts now!"

Do you really think that anyone outside these fan forums will cream his pants because the new Guns n' Roses record will be out soon? Don't think so!

I was looking out of the window and, yep, there were people running over the street crying ..."Chinese Democracy starts now!"

Do you really think that anyone outside these fan forums will cream his pants because the new Guns n' Roses record will be out soon? Don't think so!

That's why they need strong promotion. A video, a single, interviews, live performances (Leno, Letterman?), etc. Old GN'R did this and New GN'R needs to do it, too. A Leno performance wouldn't be demeaning and he gets many, many viewers. Axl could be the guest for the evening. No, I'm not joking. Many respectable artists have performed on Leno and late night circuits.

Word.

Merck was making a dig at the fans who are bitching about promotion.

Trust me, there's no way in hell they are going to release a $13 million dollar + album without any promotion or advance notice. It just isn't going to happen.

The GN'R fan forums have a large number of regulars but all of us combined wouldn't provide enough sales to warrant a profit. They have to appeal to people outside of this circle of fans and they can't do that without promotion of some type of hype.

I think they're going to drop Better as a single, start their tour, and continue promotion until it's out in late November.

is it u merck?

Anyway...only hard core will really love this music...Its nothing like the good all songs. But guess we have to wait an see..But if he made something like N.i.N this is going to hell.

No ones outside the music world knowes about this band. And its the avergae who is the most importent.

Not some of u fucking dreamers with guitar and long hair trying to look like slash.

.i'm sorta feeling it. The hype is creeping in, slowly, too slowly though. Seeing as Harley-Davidson are using Better on their new television advert, i really do believe that we will see Chinese Democracy the album soon.

Is 21st November still the release date? ..sure hope we get it sooner.

Edited by dobadog

It's true all the forums combined won't make a profit and no one cares outside it. They will need to do serious promotion... But... in a way they don't need to. Because, it's GUNS N ROSES.

It's so confusing not being on the GNR band wagon.

Well if you think of the fact how well shows sold across Europe dont think that they need that much promotion in here. ;)