9. The Ghost of Tom Joad

10. The Rising

11. Tunnel of Love

12. Lucky Town

13. Tracks

14. The Seeger Sessions

15. Human Touch

I agree wholeheartedly :)

Bruce has such a great array of music, from ballads, to solo acoustic numbers, to party rock songs, to gritty blues, to swinging jazz, to happy pop tunes. All with amazing lyrics.

I just can't get enough of them.

Theseys are absolutely perfect. They were my second rock show ever, and it is still in my top 3 so many shows later. The music is impecible. Musically, they are possibly the tightest group of all time. As far as performance.....nothing tops these guys, save for maybe Bruce's Seeger Sessions troupe and the Who. They click on all cylinders constantly and blow your socks off at every twist and turn. Really a fantastic band.

You know, I was thinking... I would certainly buy a solo album from the E Street band without Bruce. They should do one. :ph34r:

Who would write the music then :D

Your right though, they are such a tight collective of amazing musicains.

But they have become too big now days, just trim it back to the classic line up of:

Clarence Clemons

Max Weinberg

Garry Talent

Roy Bittan

Danny Federici

Steve Van Zandt

''The highway's jammed with broken heros on a last chance power drive'' - My very favourite Bruce Springsteen lyrics. He's on tour this fall/Autumn in the UK but I'm not so sure he's on this tour with the E Street Band?

Can anyone confirm that? Because I'd happily go down to Sheffield to see them.

Bruce is currently on tour with the Seeger Sessions Band, who are better than the E Street Band, hands down. They put on a better show and are better musicians.

As far as chopping the E Streeters back to the classic lineup, the only additions to that are Patti on guitar (who's semiuseless, but whatever) and Suzi Tyrell on volin (who is a magnificent addition). I'd see keep it as is.

EDIT: I forgot Nils. Nils is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, really a magnificent player. He cannot be fired. Period.

Edited by axlslash

Bruce is currently on tour with the Seeger Sessions Band, who are better than the E Street Band, hands down. They put on a better show and are better musicians.

I strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly disagree. I have the sessions, and it's a good album, but not that strong in comparison to most of the albums with the E street band.

But they're still a great live band. Few rival the E street band though, and the Seeger Sessions band are no match.

I must be the only one not to ever like Springsteen's music. I was dragged to one of his shows 6-7 years ago and it was the longest 3 1/2 hours of my life. Sheer torture except for the beer stand which I almost never left.

I don't dislike him, I just find him and most of his music to be painfully boring... :huh:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Wicked, didn't see this one.

Hmm ok i'll just rank the ones i only have atm :)

1- Born to Run

2- Darkness on the Edge of Town

3- Born in the USA

4- Nebraska

5- Devil's & Dust

Nebraska really has much better lyrics than BITUSA, but BITUSA is just so damn catchy!!

Born to Run is quite possibly the greatest rock album of all time.

I strongly, strongly, strongly, strongly disagree. I have the sessions, and it's a good album, but not that strong in comparison to most of the albums with the E street band.

But they're still a great live band. Few rival the E street band though, and the Seeger Sessions band are no match.

Have you experienced the Seeger Sessions Band live? It's a VERY different experience from the album. I haven't listened to the album since I saw them: I listen to the bootleg of the show I was at exclusively. They have mor epower, clearly enjoy themselves more, and are simply better musically. I do prefer folk to rock which strongly influences my oppinion, I'll give you that, but I see no comparrison between the E Street shows (which, great though they are, are a very Stones-like go-through-the-motions show) and the Seeger Sessions shows (which don't even quarter fill arenas; they clearly don't do it for any ammount of money. They do it for FUN). Bruce hooked me when I saw the E Street Band, don't get me wrong, but the sheer power of the Seeger Sessions Band, combined with the smile that was on his face for the whole two n a half hour show made that concert way better than the 03 Rising Tour show that I saw.

I'm judging by video bootlegs of the Seeger band. I do not think that they are better than the E street band live. In fact, I think the E street are probably one of the top 3 live bands ever.

I'll agree there. Here's my list:

1) SSB

2) The Who

3) tie: ESB/Pearl Jam/Queen

I'm judging by video bootlegs of the Seeger band. I do not think that they are better than the E street band live. In fact, I think the E street are probably one of the top 3 live bands ever.

1) SSB

2) The Who

niice.

1- The Who

2- ESB

3- The Rolling Stones

You really just can't beat The Who live, they wrote the book on how a rock band plays live. And dont get me started on Pete :wub:

1) SSB

2) The Who

niice.

1- The Who

2- ESB

3- The Rolling Stones

You really just can't beat The Who live, they wrote the book on how a rock band plays live. And dont get me started on Pete :wub:

Seen the Who twice, including last month and 4 years ago (my first show ever). Those boys do rock ever-so-hard!

Are you fucking insane?! :shocked:

Keith Moon is the greatest rock drummer that ever lived, if not the greatest in all genres, and I was speaking more in terms of stage presence, where Keith is completely unrivaled. Just watch some old shows or something. He was the Hendrix of drummers.

I'll give you that. He was the Hendrix of drummers: all stage with a hint of musicality, but mostly noise to me. Zak has some of Keith's stage insanity but all of his dad's simplicity and musicality. He's the total package (the Clapton of drummers, if I may) to Moon's overabundance of stage presance as opposed to musicality (the Hendrix).

bear in mind, this is my oppinion here. I don't mean to piss off Hendrix fans, this is just what I think.