Better .. A Modern Edge and a Classic Edge

iamme

Usually I'm hammered and I rant .. But I won't

If you take the Axl fanboys who think he can do no wrong, and the Slash lovers who think Axl sucks cuz it's not 1987 and he just won't live in the past .. Then you have the fans of GNR ...

The people who like GNR like Better cuz it's a good song .. A little of both

, a modern edge, and a classic edge .. it sound updated and it fucking rocks with guitar solo ... Not like Contraband where that all sounded like it could be 1988, and that's not a shot ..

Slash is Slash .. No one can touch that fucker in his hey day .. But no one can touch this new GNR in "their" hey day ...

kids will wanna attempt to learn the shredding solos, just as much as I, not that long ago wanted to learn SCOM .. My mother who's 59 liked Better .. She liked the words, she liked the music ... you can dance to it .. and in the bridge you can want to beat the shit out of your neighbor .. you cant lose

Axl is Axl .. the people who dont like the fact Slash left 10 YEARS AGO .. get over it, or leave ..

If you take the Axl fanboys who think he can do no wrong, and the Slash lovers who think Axl sucks cuz it's not 1987 and he just won't live in the past .. Then you have the fans of GNR ...

, a modern edge, and a classic edge .. it sound updated and it fucking rocks with guitar solo ... Not like Contraband where that all sounded like it could be 1988, and that's not a shot ..

Slash is Slash .. No one can touch that fucker in his hey day .. But no one can touch this new GNR in "their" hey day ...

kids will wanna attempt to learn the shredding solos, just as much as I, not that long ago wanted to learn SCOM .. My mother who's 59 liked Better .. She liked the words, she liked the music ... you can dance to it .. and in the bridge you can want to beat the shit out of your neighbor .. you cant lose

Axl is Axl .. the people who dont like the fact Slash left 10 YEARS AGO .. get over it, or leave ..

great post

Contraband where that all sounded like it could be 1988, and that's not a shot ..

Common misconception. Contraband doesn't sound like it's 1988. It's actually got a very modern sound.

In fact, I think a lot more GnR fans would like Velvet Revolver if they did make 80's sounding rock and Slash still played the way he did in GnR and Snakepit. Not me, though.

Oh, and the sentiment you express in your last sentence. Very original. First time I've heard it on this forum!

Reads 1st post. hmm..

Reads follow up posts..

Slash sure is Slash. Slash rocks and brought a lot to Gn'R, and should never be written off. Slash makes great Slash sounds with his guitars as did Hendrix with his guitars, as does Buckethead with his guitars.

Better is a great track. I think i read some place that Better is Robins song.

I agree. rock3

Cool post man. My whole family like Better, infact, everyone ive played it to has liked it, even people that dont like GnR! All is good.

Contraband where that all sounded like it could be 1988, and that's not a shot ..

Common misconception. Contraband doesn't sound like it's 1988. It's actually got a very modern sound.

:rofl-lol::lol::rofl-lol:

You know funeral, you certainly fit into that whole 'Axl fanboy' category. Your extreme bias just shows through like a penguin in hell...

Edited by IndiannaRose

:rofl-lol::lol::rofl-lol:

Any chance of you actually fleshing out an argument instead of just posting 3-4 smilies, you shit-for-brains retard?

argue with what? :laugh:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ with this? ...this is > :rofl-lol: < seriously man...I know yer a big Slashlite boy, but yer also def! :lol:

great post man!

one of the best Ive seen in a while! :)