Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston and his delta cats

frankwhite

one of my favorite songs. you know who that really is? it's Ike Turner using a different name. they recorded it at Sun Records in Memphis. on the way to the session the guitar players amp fell off of the roof of the car (where it was tied) and a small tear was put in the speaker of the amp. they didn't have another amp to use so he used the damaged amp. Sam Phillips, the producer and owner of Sun, loved the sound of the "distorted" amp. this was the first recording of a distorted guitar. it's low in the mix, but if you listen to a good copy you can hear it.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
one of my favorite songs. you know who that really is? it's Ike Turner using a different name. they recorded it at Sun Records in Memphis. on the way to the session the guitar players amp fell off of the roof of the car (where it was tied) and a small tear was put in the speaker of the amp. they didn't have another amp to use so he used the damaged amp. Sam Phillips, the producer and owner of Sun, loved the sound of the "distorted" amp. this was the first recording of a distorted guitar. it's low in the mix, but if you listen to a good copy you can hear it.

Now that is some legendary shit.

Could anyone PM this to me?

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Now that is some legendary shit.

Could anyone PM this to me?

i could? :) tell me ur e-mail address n i'll send it over. unless u feel like explainin that upload shit to me :lol: im kinda computarily retarded.

Edited by frankwhite