Looks like Chinese Democracy will be a pop rock album

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The songs have a touch of hard rock and industrial,but The Blues,Madagascar,TWAT and Catcher in the Rye are pop rock ballads in my opinion..Is it a bad thing?

For me CD is going to be more pop than the Use your Illusion albums..more ballads and less rock.I can't see a song sounding like "Perfect Crime" or "Shotgun Blues" being on the album.

The only heavy new song we know is IRS..Better have some great guitar work,but the chorus and the ending are really catchy,and it has some pop rock style.

Sounds like Elton John and Nine Inch Nails are two of the biggest influences on this album.

What??? I dont know how anyone will lable the new tracks as pop rock! Its hardrock!! There is one song on the album which could fith under pop rock, and thats Catcher in the Rye. Better is gret Rock tune, with alternative, industrial elements. And i would also say its heavy! The Axl screaming in the middle of the song, with Robins riff, is just so heavy! There was a time, is also a HardRock ballade, with metal, and industrial elements..

Chinese Democracy is a heavy rocker, and so IRS.

And remember what Seb Bach said about "Sorry" Doom Metal??

So im sure this will be a melting pot, with alot of different moves. Alternative Hard Rock or something like that!

Remember, now i talk from what we have heard. And i havent heard any Poprock songs.. The nearest we get is Catcher in the Rye

Do we really need to categorize the abum before we even have heard it? Why do we need to out it under one specific genre anyway? Who cares.. It's Guns N' Roses. It's different and stands out from most other music.. We love it, let's not put a tag on it and decide what it is and what it's not. Let it be what it is. Stop arguing about stupid things like this it's so silly :P:book:

What's wrong with a good pop rock album?

Besides, the leaks we've heard are a little bit of everything. There's pop, rock, heavy stuff, slow unusual arrangements that are cool as fuck, er, I mean twat.

Sum41 is more like a modern punk band.

Sum 41 is not fucking punk. The represent conformity and corporate influence, everything that punk was against back in the day. Modern and punk don't go together. The only punk bands left are ones 95% of the people don't know...

I don't care is this album is mostly mainstream sissy Britney Spears pop, as long as I get TWAT,

It's all about TWAT.

Tbizzle

PS. Seriously, who cares what the music is labeled, from what we've heard I think the album will fucking rock.

Thank you! As long as it rocks in any way, shape, or form, we're all in for a kickass album. And regardless of what genre the current tunes blend into, most of them are pretty damn cool sounding.

The songs have a touch of hard rock and industrial,but The Blues,Madagascar,TWAT and Catcher in the Rye are pop rock ballads in my opinion..Is it a bad thing?

For me CD is going to be more pop than the Use your Illusion albums..more ballads and less rock.I can't see a song sounding like "Perfect Crime" or "Shotgun Blues" being on the album.

The only heavy new song we know is IRS..Better have some great guitar work,but the chorus and the ending are really catchy,and it has some pop rock style.

Sounds like Elton John and Nine Inch Nails are two of the biggest influences on this album.

Well when Axl idolizes Elton John, and the lead guitarist is from Nine-Inch Nails, it's not suprising is it...

Thanks for the update.

the only thing i know is that as soon as i get the cd on my hands, ill lock myself in my bedroom and listen to it straight like 4 or 5 times.... then, ill get some sleep, and listen to it another 3 times...

just then and never before ill come to the forum.

remember- we loved those songs, but axl said "[the illusion albums] suffered as a result." The result was problems with communication/artistic differences with the rest of the band... he didn't like them, we loved them... follow that equation and just imagine how unbelievably amazing this album is going to be.

Axl is untouchable.

.all this speak of Gn'R + Pop. Has Gn'R gone soft? do any of the new songs contain the 'F' word?

.back in the day, back when AFD hit the shelves, one of the most noticeable things about Gn'R (apart from Slash and Axl) was the use of the 'F' word in their songs. It was quite shocking at the time, and i often used to take great pleasure at the annoyance of others, in putting on You're Crazy on the local jukebox :laugh:

Now though the 'F' word has zero effect, what with the arrival of rap and all that..

You haven't heard Silkworms.

Forgot all about Silkworms. It doesn't get played much these days, if at all. Besides, i cannot image Silkworms making it onto Chinese Democracy.

Edited by dobadog

but GNR have always been a poprock band,

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

OH MY FUCKIN´GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have no idea of how much an asshole you are........

GOD!!!

GnR are a POPular Rock Band

Sum 41 is not fucking punk.

Well it don't matter what your personal opinion is, but they are considered a punk band. Why, I don't know, they just are, just like Green Day. At least they all have something in common, they all sound the same.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&a...6f47gjyr26i9~T0

The difference is Greenday made that sound, they were the first of the pop-punk bands.

So all pop-punk bands sound like Greenday.

Ohh my fuckin' god.. POPROCK!? POPular is not the definition of pop you cum-eating sons of bitches. Poprock is AS IT SOUNDS a mix of pop and rock, light rocking with pop influences, pop with a rockin' groove, whatever you prefer to call it.

Or, you know, we could rename all genres of music while we're at it. Metallica is popmetal, Dylan is popfolkmusic, Clapton is popbluesrock, bands like Manowar and Hammerfal are popheavymetal.. Mozart is popclassical..

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

And, to silence all you morons with a dictionary in your lap: Pop music WAS ment to be POPular music, just as folk music was what the people(folks) listened to. This was the 40s and 50s though, so..

Can I ask who really gives a shit about labels? Why do we need to pigeonhole the style of the album?

If people call it pop, who cares? Is pop a bad thing? Do you associate pop with something you don't like? Really, who gives a shit. People can go around calling it gangsta rap - as long as I enjoy it, I don't care what label people slap on it.

Can I ask who really gives a shit about labels? Why do we need to pigeonhole the style of the album?

If people call it pop, who cares? Is pop a bad thing? Do you associate pop with something you don't like? Really, who gives a shit. People can go around calling it gangsta rap - as long as I enjoy it, I don't care what label people slap on it.

excelent point

You huys are both nuts

GNR never have been and never will be a fucking "pop rock" band. Pop rock is hansen, moffets, sum 41 and all of tha bullshit.

A8R

Yeah, Catcher In the Rye and Better arent pop rock at all :rolleyes:

I hope CD will be like a UYI3 rock3

excelent point

Very true. If I look in the popular music section of most any record store I will find anything from Britny Spears to Slayer, and clearly they have nothing in common. Labels are for the small-minded who can't grasp the concept that almost no music fits into a certain category 100% of the time, and CD will be no exception.