Prediction: how many copies will be sold of Chinese Democracy....and on what number will it debut in the US?

saulhudson88

4.6 Million Copies (US,UK,CAN) 7.9 Million (Worldwide)

387,000 Copies 1st Week

3.8 Million Copies First Year

Billboard Chart Statistics: #2, #4, #5, #9, #13, #15, #16, #17, #15, 20, #21, etc.

edited, cos' of GNRfan2008

Edited by Jackamo

4.6 Million Copies (US,UK,CAN) 5.9 Million (Worldwide)

387,000 Copies 1st Week

3.8 Million Copies First Year

Billboard Chart Statistics: #2, #4, #5, #9, #13, #15, #16, #17, #15, 20, #21, etc.

Wait, you think it's only going to sell 1.3 million outside North America? What...the...fuck? The Euro's are more supportive of the new band than Americans are, and the South Americans are probably the most supportive of all! I'll be shocked if it only sells 1.3 million outside North America.

Hmm well if they advertise the album maybe:

NA: 3 million

Worldwide: 7 million

First Week: 500,000 +/-

First Year: 5 million

Debut: #1 (IF ADVERTISED)

I hope it sells more but honestly with all the LimeWires and shit (which I do admit to doing) it wont sell as much as it would like 15 years ago.

:krider:

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
How many copies do you think that of Chinese Democracy will be sold?

In it's debut week? (in the US)

In it's first year? (the whole world)

And on what number will it debut in the US?

Total copies: 4,2 million in North America and 6,8 million in the rest of the world

First week : 452 637 in US and 869 472 in the rest of the world

First year : 8 million in the whole world

Debut rank: #3

First week: 125,000(NA) 400,000 (world)

Year: 2 million (NA) 5.5 (world)

Debut #2

20 years: 4million (NA) 21 (world)

I doubt it will sell as well as everyone hopes. There is to many places to download it off the internet these days so that will take a good chunk of people out of buying the album, also with no publicity and no album in the last 15 years is going to take a good chunk of sales away cause no one is going to know an album even came out or that a band even exists, touring helps with publicity but if you dont publicize the tour then only the few thousand people attending the concert are going to know. Word of mouth helps ticket sales and album sales but doesn't sell as many albums as a few commercials would. And finally as much as I like the new tunes they are nothing to brag about, especially after a 15 year hiatus, of course I haven't heard all the songs like everyone else on here but if BETTER is realy the first single I doubt that is going to turn alot of people onto the new band, I enjoy the tune but I doubt the mast majority will, especially when they compare it to the old stuff which besides the 5,000 people who keep up to date with GNR are going to be doing, If it doesn't live up to the old stuff most people will dismiss it, except for of course the GNR BOARDS, cause we are all die hard fans, GNR will especially suffer in the smaller market places like Southern US and in the Central US, they should do alright in Canada on name alone, Halifax sold out in just over a day by word of mouth............and scalpers. New York will always sell out same as shows in Texas and L.A. unless they book to many. But overall compared to the expenses of the Album it will be a financial failure in the long run, but the tour is where Universal will make up there cash.

We should worry more about how it sells in China than US. Unless of course China bans it. Which would be kind of ironic.

First year worldwide: 3,4 million

or not.

It's almost guaranteed to be banned in China, despite the fact that the album really has nothing to do with the Chinese Democracy movement in China other than the title.

Rolling Stone's "40 LICKS" album only has 36 songs on the China version.

They ban alot.

Yeah that's true. The Rolling Stones recently played there, but were not allowed to sing "Let's Spend The Night Together" because apparently the communist leaders over there either have morals similar to 1960s America (where the Ed Sullivan Show forced the band to say different lyrics while performing that song) or they're actually trying to do anything and everything to slow down their population growth.

Edited by GNRfan2008

How many copies do you think that of Chinese Democracy will be sold?

In it's debut week? (in the US)

In it's first year? (the whole world)

And on what number will it debut in the US?

that is ALL up to management and how well they plan this. If they do very well on presales/preorder, all those numbers will be representative for the first weeks sales. and if they're lucky they'll land number one. :)

We should worry more about how it sells in China than US. Unless of course China bans it. Which would be kind of ironic.

First year worldwide: 3,4 million

or not.

It's almost guaranteed to be banned in China, despite the fact that the album really has nothing to do with the Chinese Democracy movement in China other than the title.

There are plenty of liberal books sold in China legally every day. It is not the USSR. There is a bar in China named after the band.

Speaking from a United Kingdom Point of view it,And im looking at the way the U.k Charts are but to get a number 1 you only need to sell 10 too 20 thousand copies Or some total of around that region to get to number one,it sounds ridiculous buts thats how crap our main charts is LOL.

If you total the attendences that went to see guns on the u.k tour,obviously not everyone who went to these gigs went to every single one so were safe to say that has to pass 30 too 40 thou + easily and you know each one of theses fans are gonna buy a copie.

Then theres the People who will buy just on guns past reputation and then lastly theres gonna be at least a fair few who are gonna want to know what all the fuss is about this "silly chinese democracy" album thats taken near 14 years to get out on the shelf.

Hence with all this in Axl & the crews or bands favour,from a U.K perspective there is only one verdict........

Single Debut : Number 1

Album Debut : Number 1

Sanctuary/Geffen......Get that Platinum disc out the cupboard and shine it up real nice For Guns N Roses!

God i wish i could be in the same room as Scott Weiland Especially,Slash,Duff & Matt

when the Charts are released for the period when the album drops :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Slash : "Ummmmmmmmm....Duff.......Do you have Axls number?"

Duff : "Yeah,i was gonna ask in the same thing,how does bass line for BETTER go again?" :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Total copies: 5 million (U.S.), 10 million (worldwide)

First week (U.S.): 300,000

First year (worldwide): 7 million

Debut rank: #1 (if it's not released on Nov. 21st) or #2 (if it's released on Nov. 21st)

That sounds reasonable. But who knows? We could be suprised.

Edited by PrettyTiedUp763

Total copies: 5 million (U.S.), 10 million (worldwide)

First week (U.S.): 300,000

First year (worldwide): 7 million

Debut rank: #1 (if it's not released on Nov. 21st) or #2 (if it's released on Nov. 21st)

That sounds reasonable. But who knows? We could be suprised.

Do you mean that in a postive or negative sense? I think those figures I listed are both attainable and optimistic. But I could just as easily see it struggling to sell more than 2 million in the U.S. and 5 or 6 million worldwide.