Axl's wardrobe during concerts these days

admiral50

Since Axl has lost probably about 20 lbs. since 2001 in Rio, do you think he will go back to wearing a different outfit/shirt for every few songs, and at some point ever take his shirt off.

I know it will never be like back in the old days, when he constantly changed between songs. I found that to be annoying, and very out of character for the "real" GnR and what they stood for. It was his ego, not just a bit of 80's glam fashion in those days.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Personally, I think he looks cool in a leather jacket like he has worn recently and if he keeps his clothes on.

I have no problem with the jerseys. Let say for instance he had a favorite athlete, he should just wear that for the entire show with baggy pants. In 2002, in NY when he kept putting on local athletes jerseys that was just dumb. We never will get an answer from him why he did it but it made no sense except for local fans.

He can wear jerseys, but only if its because he's really a fan. Like if he's a fan of the New York Yankees, its okay for him to wear it into a few concerts.

But he shouldn't just wear the hometown jersey for every venue he is in. Then he looks like a poser.

Edited by PS_PoWeR

He can wear jerseys, but only if its because he's really a fan. Like if he's a fan of the New York Yankees, its okay for him to wear it into a few concerts.

But he shouldn't just wear the hometown jersey for every venue he is in. Then he looks like a poser.

The yankees suck. :)

yankees_suck.jpg

Since Axl has lost probably about 20 lbs. since 2001 in Rio.

Wonder why Axl decided to gain so much weight for the 2001 Gn'R comeback.

I have one theory. Back in when ever, Metallica's James Hetfield made a comment about Axl Rose and his dressing room requirements. Something about chopping food small to fit down his (Axl's) scrawny little neck.

Mabe Axl got to hear about this, took it to heart, and decided to gain 20 lbs.

Edited by dobadog

I have one theory. Back in when ever, Metallica's James Hetfield made a comment about Axl Rose and his dressing room requirements. Something about chopping food small to fit down his (Axl's) scrawny little neck.

Like James Hetfield can talk! He can't sing anything these days.

Since Axl has lost probably about 20 lbs. since 2001 in Rio, do you think he will go back to wearing a different outfit/shirt for every few songs, and at some point ever take his shirt off.

I know it will never be like back in the old days, when he constantly changed between songs. I found that to be annoying, and very out of character for the "real" GnR and what they stood for. It was his ego, not just a bit of 80's glam fashion in those days.

Anyways, let me know what you think. Personally, I think he looks cool in a leather jacket like he has worn recently and if he keeps his clothes on.

I wish he would come blazin out on stage in a litle pair of shorts, a red bandana, aviator sungasses and no shirt. Fuck that would be awsome.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

I have no problem with the jerseys. Let say for instance he had a favorite athlete, he should just wear that for the entire show with baggy pants. In 2002, in NY when he kept putting on local athletes jerseys that was just dumb. We never will get an answer from him why he did it but it made no sense except for local fans.

Actually, it's pretty easy to understand why he did it... and very obvious. You partially answered your own question, too. By wearing jerseys of local popular athletes on that tour, he struck a chord with those fans in those cities in an effort to appeal to the fans even more.

That's about it. No explaination needed from the man himself.

He already does change his shirt several times during the show. And some he has unbuttoned down pretty low.

The jerseys have come to represent the '02 tour, which isn't a very good memory. I don't think he'll go back to them.

That was in 91. A long time ago!