Axl's voice significantly deteriorates over the course of a concert

KyleMac

The other thing you're forgetting is he runs around on stage a hell of a lot more than probably 99% of the singers out there. A lot of singers just stand there. If Axl did, he'd be one of the very best live singers ever. Instead, he's a very good live singer and definitely one of the best live performers/showmen ever.

That 1% being Mick Jagger. :book:

I agree with your comment about being one the best lives singers, but we wouldn't trade Axl's movement for the world. :)

Does Jagger do full sprints across the stage like Axl? Nope, not even back in the 1960s did he do that sort of thing. I don't care how in-shape you are, doing a full sprint and then attempting to sing the hell out of a song (something Jagger is NOT known for doing live...Axl gives 110% effort pretty much all the time VOCALLY...Jagger sounds mediocre like he's not trying and concentrating more on visuals than on singing every time I've heard him, even back in his heyday). And hell, for that matter, Axl's singing style is more exhausting than Jagger's. Even on studio tracks, Jagger does NOT scream very often at all. That's an exhausting thing. Imagine Robert Plant trying to run around like Axl did and do those screams. Axl is one of a kind when it comes to actually being about 80-90% accurate (sometimes even better) with the sound while still doing ridiculous activities on stage like running all the way across it. Even a pro athlete couldn't combine that I don't think. They'd be winded too and wouldn't be able to effin' sing at all (and they can't sing in the first place b/c of a thing called talent lol).

But if y'all wanna include him in the 1%, then that's fine with me.

yeah and don't forget when Axl (actually back in old days) ran this olympic ring or what ever it's called while singing.

I want a video bootleg of it.

Mafia?

In the space time continuem of "How It Should Be In The UNIVERSE...Reality for rock gods have legacys. SOmething happened in 1990 to upset that delicate balance. THat vile nasty drug called Mr. Brownstone fucked us all over. True legends always have the frontman and his guitarist. Look

Steven and joe

Jimmy and Robert

Mick and Kieth

Eddie and Dave

Freddy and Brian

Donny and Marie.....

Burt and Ernie

Thats the magic to stage personality.......

Edited by rockerman

What KyleMac says is true.

Nowadays Axl can't sing a whole concert the way it should be....sometimes his voice sounds horribe like in Download Festival June 11, 2006, those who have listened the monitormix version, taken from axl's mic, can realize that. For example Better y The Blues sound terrible(others too). At MTV VMA 2006 Axl's scream wasnt good either (but let's think that was cuz he was nervous).

He can start a show pretty well but his voice deteriorates a lot.

To tell the truth it used to happen back in the 90s .... but now it happens too often....

PS (oh my god i just listened carefully to you could be mine at download festival.....listen the scream before the main solo :s happily he stops singing the rest of the song)

Edited by gianfranco

What's wrong with that Nightrain? One part he doesn't go as high as you want to, but he nails that shit.

PS (oh my god i just listened carefully to you could be mine at download festival.....listen the scream before the main solo :s happily he stops singing the rest of the song)

That wasn't that bad. What's bad is that Brain can't do the intro to the song right. :o

What's wrong with that Nightrain? One part he doesn't go as high as you want to, but he nails that shit.

That wasn't that bad. What's bad is that Brain can't do the intro to the song right. :o

LOL well yeah but i dont want to name other members cuz here, people think they are great :S

Axl has clearly learned some voice control techniques...he's now demonstrating constraint and pacing himself more when it comes to singing.The Illusion concerts I saw,he pounded the shit out of his voice onstage...just abused his vocal chords,to the point where he could hardly squeak out certain songs towards the end.

His vocals may not be as strong as they were when he was in his 20's...but listening to that Harley ad,he's got that trademark Axl tone.It's there when he wants it!

At Hammerstein in May I was quite impressed with his vocals..from beginning to end!

He mentioned in the first New York show this year that Bach refered him to a voice therapist and Bach "saved the day" or something like that. I bet thats got something to do with him paceing his voice.

Sometimes I miss it when he just didn't give a shit and yelled his throat out though, like in 2002. He is known for having the helium thing going on, but he sure could hollar.

A8R