I hope Izzy/Bach won't feature on this tour

tbaugerud

The north american tour starts - of course - tomorrow and I think it's fair to say that we're all very excited and curious about it all. Will there be new songs, new guest appearances, new outfits etc etc...

I attended the concert in Norway and I was totally impressed by this new group of Guns. My expectations were sky high, but I wasn't let down for one second that night..

So what is it fair to expect out of this new tour?

I hope the band is even more steady. In fact, the problem has been Axl. A couple of times too many I have witnessed Axl mistaking where he is in a song and started singing too soon or started singing when a certain part is supposed to be instrumental. This isn't a big problem, but perhaps the only one I can think of when it comes to the concerts themselves.

Will Izzy continue to appear? I love Izzy, he's the "riffmeister" but I DON'T think he should appear sporadically/randomly. I think this tour is about getting the band on the map again and Izzy is not in the band. I think this is the wrong time to have various guest appearances throughout a comeback tour. This is, after all, not about Izzy, Bach or perhaps even Duff/Slash, this is about the new band. In two years time, on GnR's next big tour, THEN guest appearances would be much more suitable. Not now.

You know what I'm saying guys? Thoughts?

i think having Izzy pop up at gigs is a positive thing for GNR. for one, it's just cool to see the guy. secondly, i think it helps to put a little water on the "this ain't GNR" fire. and thirdly, i think Axl really likes having him around. Axl seems so happy when Izzy is out there. that can only be viewed as a positive in my book.

i think having Izzy pop up at gigs is a positive thing for GNR. for one, it's just cool to see the guy. secondly, i think it helps to put a little water on the "this ain't GNR" fire. and thirdly, i think Axl really likes having him around. Axl seems so happy when Izzy is out there. that can only be viewed as a positive in my book.

exactly. its good-good

I also went to the Oslo show :) In fact I went to both of them :) I wasn't let down either! It was a great show. And I agree that this next tour is about putting the band on the map. I don't think though, however, that apearences by Izzy or Bach will have any negative effect. Bach will be there anyway since he is opening the shows. Izzy will just be a positive feature and put something familiar to the show for all the die hard fans who miss the "old" band. I agree that this isn't about Izzy and that it is about the new band, but some few apearences won't make a difference. It will still be the new band :)

Check this out:

Yeah baby!!

eh im not fussed about izzy.....but bach rocks. he should definatly be there.

Izzy is better than Bach

oh no way. i love bach's voice, he is one of my favourite singers. izzy doesnt really do anything for me.

I would really love to get Izzy on stage and I'm pretty sure that Bach will join 'em on stage, but then I hope it won't be on My Michelle... I'd like to see Axl do that alone some time this year, it would be really cool if Bach will join Axl on vocals on some song that they didn't play on the Europe tour, not a new song, but something from Use Your Illusion that they didn't play, ectually I really hope they will play something from UYI that they haven't played before, would be cool to see 'em play songs that only Axl wrote, Slash and Duff couldn't say shit about it! maybe songs like Dead Horse (which is one of the most underrated Gn'R songs ever), Breakdown and if Izzy will be on stage, I pray to god for them to play either Dust N' Bones or 14 Years.

Izzy is better than Bach

oh no way. i love bach's voice, he is one of my favourite singers. izzy doesnt really do anything for me.

matter of opinion

I would really love to get Izzy on stage and I'm pretty sure that Bach will join 'em on stage, but then I hope it won't be on My Michelle... I'd like to see Axl do that alone some time this year, it would be really cool if Bach will join Axl on vocals on some song that they didn't play on the Europe tour, not a new song, but something from Use Your Illusion that they didn't play, ectually I really hope they will play something from UYI that they haven't played before, would be cool to see 'em play songs that only Axl wrote, Slash and Duff couldn't say shit about it! maybe songs like Dead Horse (which is one of the most underrated Gn'R songs ever), Breakdown and if Izzy will be on stage, I pray to god for them to play either Dust N' Bones or 14 Years.

i'd love for em to play dust n bones or 14 years also, i hoped for it the entire euro tour. even don't cry would be cool, cause it is an axl/izzy song.

I think Bach really gets the crowd worked up, which is great for the show, whether it is as on opener or special guest during a song.

As for Izzy, I love to see him on stage. It is such a great moment when there are all the new guitarists and then Izzy and Axl. It really adds to the validity of this band being called GNR.

Izzy is better than Bach

Izzy is everything :shades:

Anyways I wouldnt mind even if both of them appeared at every single show..

The north american tour starts - of course - tomorrow and I think it's fair to say that we're all very excited and curious about it all. Will there be new songs, new guest appearances, new outfits etc etc...

I attended the concert in Norway and I was totally impressed by this new group of Guns. My expectations were sky high, but I wasn't let down for one second that night..

So what is it fair to expect out of this new tour?

I hope the band is even more steady. In fact, the problem has been Axl. A couple of times too many I have witnessed Axl mistaking where he is in a song and started singing too soon or started singing when a certain part is supposed to be instrumental. This isn't a big problem, but perhaps the only one I can think of when it comes to the concerts themselves.

Will Izzy continue to appear? I love Izzy, he's the "riffmeister" but I DON'T think he should appear sporadically/randomly. I think this tour is about getting the band on the map again and Izzy is not in the band. I think this is the wrong time to have various guest appearances throughout a comeback tour. This is, after all, not about Izzy, Bach or perhaps even Duff/Slash, this is about the new band. In two years time, on GnR's next big tour, THEN guest appearances would be much more suitable. Not now.

You know what I'm saying guys? Thoughts?

I see you're point. But on the other hand people go to shows for a good time, and if Izzy is there the atmosphere will be much better. If there guest appearances from Izzy the word about GNR's shows will get out quicker and there will be a larger audience. Good post though.

rock4

Izzy is better than Bach

Hehe, you're so funny... How can write this nad claim your a GNR fan at the same time? Really funny.

The Izzy appearances were cool..bit I'd like to see this leg of the tour focus on the band as it is now.

It's time for them to really shine on their own.

There's going to be the inevitable Bach duet...but that's ok,one song is fine.

Heres what I think would rip the fucking roof off of civilization in the rock nation......

have the UYI band come out and poke every one us in collective eye. Trip us up and freak us out and end all the mindless speculations insinuations and tripidations. Do a couple of numbers....and then.. then....

then let Robin and Tommy and Richard and Brain and Bumblefoot and oh yes Pitman show us thier muscles................

We'd end that show knowing that 1) Hell has been revisted and has indeed been frozen over. 2) Yes.. it would answer that burning question that nags us at the core..... the end of time is near 3) The world as we knew it and understood it have been altered forever and history ..(that is what is left of it) has been warped.

Izzy is better than Bach

Hehe, you're so funny... How can write this nad claim your a GNR fan at the same time? Really funny.

ha what? i cant be a fan if i dont want to see izzy on stage rather than Bach :huh:

how do you know im not a big Skid Row fan? the fact is bach is a great performer and still has an amazing voice...and axl even performs better when Bach is on there with him. i know izzy's history with the band...but other than that hes just another guitarist on stage.