Chris Pittman

dobadog

Thought i'd start this thread to see how popular Chris Pittman is B)

I don't know anything about Chris Pittman to be honest with you, and i am guessing his input into the Chinese Democracy album will not be fully appreciated until the album is released. From what i could hear during the 2001/2002 Rio performances of The Blues and Silkworms, he really adds something to the music.

I was wondering where Chris Pittman comes from, what other artist's he has worked with and weather or not he has an albums out?

As for images, well they appear to be quite rare. Chris appears to like hidding in the shadows :laugh:

..i have managed to find this image, which shows the whole band including Chris Pittman.

gnr2006dj3cv4.jpg

Chris Pittman to the far right (our far right - their far left)

Edited by dobadog

Chris Pitman was born in Independence, Missouri. He currently writes and records privately with Axl Rose, as they have collaborated on many songs for the upcoming Guns N'Roses album Chinese Democracy. He is a multi-instrumentalist on the album, contributing keyboards, guitar, bass, vocals, and programming. He has not been announced as an official band member, however, and mostly does orchestration, synthesizers, and sound effects when they play live. He compliments keyboardist Dizzy Reed on the more complex material that Guns N'Roses play.

Outside of Guns N'Roses, Chris Pittman was co-founder of Los Angeles-based art coalition 'Priory of the North', which focuses on conceptual/public art, and whose installations have been commissioned in many place around the world, including Rio de Janeiro, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

He studied at the Art Institute of Kansas City, as well as at the University of Missouri-KC. He worked with the controversial and world-renowned artist Les Levine in 1993.

Chris Pitman has also done sound design work for Arturia software synthesizers.

Collaborations:

* Dr. Dre (Aftermath) - In 1994 he worked in Dre's home studio.

* Medicine - Played live shows with this Brad Laner project.

* Replicants (BMG/Zoo) - In 1995, on this band's only release, Pitman played synths, piano, and guitars.

* ZAUM - Was guitarist and lead vocalist with Danny Carey of Tool.

* Tool (BMG/Zoo) - In 1994/95 Pitman toured with them and in 1996 played synths on the epic song "Third Eye", from Ænima.

* Failure - Contributed sound effects and sound mixing.

* Lusk (BMG/Zoo) - In 1996/97 Pitman recorded, co-produced, and was the lead singer and multi-instrumentalist in this Grammy-nominated band.

* Sony Panic (DogFight) - In 1997 Pitman worked with this L.A. experimental/improvisational band. He played guitars and managed software live.

* Blinker the Star (A&M & Dreamworks) - In 1996 Pitman contribued keyboards to the album Bourgeois Kitten. In 1998 he co-wrote the single "Below the Sliding Doors".

* Savvy Soviets - In 2003, Pitman was a producer/collaborater in Rio de Janeiro.

* Electric Company (Tigerbeat6) - In 2004, he played synthesizer on the album Creative Playthings and played live with this Brad Laner electronic music project.

* The Source of Uncertainty - In 2005, he played with Danny Carey and others.

He appears to have worked with a stack of artists.

he is on the far right

isn't he? :unsure:

that's what I think too

Mr Mantia, Ron, Dizzy, Richard, Axl, Tommy, Robin, Chris

still not familiar with this lineupp? :drevil:

I am I swear! :ph34r:

+1

I'm curious to see what he has to offer on studio material. The keyboards are pretty much buried in the mix live, except for a few parts here and there. Hopefully he is more versatile than the techno break in Better and he can write songs better than Silkworms.

I'm curious to see what he has to offer on studio material. The keyboards are pretty much buried in the mix live, except for a few parts here and there. Hopefully he is more versatile than the techno break in Better and he can write songs better than Silkworms.

It has been said that he assisted in writing Madagascar, which I consider VERY well written.

Nobody can write songs better than Silkworms.

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there ;)

I have mixed views towards Silkworms. From a Gn'R perspective i see Silkworms as having no place in Gn'R. The track Silkworms is kinda interesting though. I'm guessing we will get to see Silkworms turning up as bonuse material on any future CD singles, and doubt it'll appear on Chinese Democracy the album. Besides, Gn'R have stopped performing the track live (from what i can recall).

On a similar note, I'd like to petition Jackamo! to change his pictures back. I miss the Pit(t)man Pink.

If you go to Jackamo!'s site, elsewhere, you can find several pictures of Pit(t)man. I'd post the link, but I don't think it's allowed. Try to PM him or something.

Admin kept deleting it cos' it was too big of a filesize :(

http://www.elsewhere.piczo.com

Edited by Jackamo

Nobody can write songs better than Silkworms.

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm there ;)

I have mixed views towards Silkworms. From a Gn'R perspective i see Silkworms as having no place in Gn'R. The track Silkworms is kinda interesting though. I'm guessing we will get to see Silkworms turning up as bonuse material on any future CD singles, and doubt it'll appear on Chinese Democracy the album. Besides, Gn'R have stopped performing the track live (from what i can recall).

The intro is kind of interesting, but like you said the song has no place in GN'R. I'm sure it will be released in some form at some point( just imagine all the CD outtakes there must be that could appear on a future box set), but definitely not on CD.

It has been said that he assisted in writing Madagascar, which I consider VERY well written.

Come to think about it, doesn't the start of Madagascar begin with various keyboard sounds. He adds quite a lot to the song. Gn'R without Pittman and Madagascar may have used only the paino.

On a similar note, I'd like to petition Jackamo! to change his pictures back. I miss the Pit(t)man Pink.

If you go to Jackamo!'s site, elsewhere, you can find several pictures of Pit(t)man. I'd post the link, but I don't think it's allowed. Try to PM him or something.

Jackamo!, you are the Nelson Mandela of MyGnR.

Who's that. :rofl-lol:

And I wish I could remember the password/username to elsewhere :unsure:

I forgot it, and I can't update it.

Chris Pitman was born in Independence, Missouri. He currently writes and records privately with Axl Rose, as they have collaborated on many songs for the upcoming Guns N'Roses album Chinese Democracy. He is a multi-instrumentalist on the album, contributing keyboards, guitar, bass, vocals, and programming. He has not been announced as an official band member, however, and mostly does orchestration, synthesizers, and sound effects when they play live. He compliments keyboardist Dizzy Reed on the more complex material that Guns N'Roses play.

Outside of Guns N'Roses, Chris Pittman was co-founder of Los Angeles-based art coalition 'Priory of the North', which focuses on conceptual/public art, and whose installations have been commissioned in many place around the world, including Rio de Janeiro, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

He studied at the Art Institute of Kansas City, as well as at the University of Missouri-KC. He worked with the controversial and world-renowned artist Les Levine in 1993.

Collaborations:

* Replicants (BMG/Zoo) - In 1995, on this band's only release, Pitman played synths, piano, and guitars.

* Tool (BMG/Zoo) - In 1994/95 Pitman toured with them and in 1996 played synths on the epic song "Third Eye", from Ænima.

* Lusk (BMG/Zoo) - In 1996/97 Pitman recorded, co-produced, and was the lead singer and multi-instrumentalist in this Grammy-nominated band.

* Sony Panic (DogFight) - In 1997 Pitman worked with this L.A. experimental/improvisational band. He played guitars and managed software live.

* Blinker the Star (A&M & Dreamworks) - In 1996 Pitman contribued keyboards to the album Bourgeois Kitten. In 1998 he co-wrote the single "Below the Sliding Doors".

* Savvy Soviets - In 2003, Pitman was a producer/collaborater in Rio de Janeiro.

* Electric Company (Tigerbeat6) - In 2004, he played synthesizer on the album Creative Playthings and played live with this Brad Laner electronic music project.

These are great! I knew about his studies in Art, but not about Tool!!! Interesting personality!

That site is almost as awsome as Pit(t)man himself, well done

I love the music :lol:

Collaborations:

A LEGEND

:shades: