Better Replaced by Paradise City on Harley Commercial

Limp-Dik-Biscuit

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.a part of me feels that the accidental release of the advert featuring Better was a deliberate error. All part of the plan if you ask me. Designed to stir things up, create some forum chaos and all that stuff.

Like the leaks.. right..? :rolleyes:

.a part of me feels that the accidental release of the advert featuring Better was a deliberate error. All part of the plan if you ask me. Designed to stir things up, create some forum chaos and all that stuff.

Like the leaks.. right..? :rolleyes:

.that is correct (we got the leaks as they were the new songs Gn'R were to play live (.and they did)

YouTube are still hoasting the Harley-Davidson advert feartung Better. Where's Merck now? ;)

Edited by dobadog

its because paradise city is better than ehhh... better, its a lame :angry:

Better is a cool track. The HD advert works better with Paradise City, as the song fits the mood better.

Edited by dobadog

its because paradise city is better than ehhh... better, its a lame :angry:

Better is a cool track. The HD advert works better with Paradise City, as the song fits the mood better.

no Better is not cool...My Michelle is cool, not better..... :angry: thats whats cool.

Chinese Democracy will never match the might of the classic Appetite for Destruction. Although i still believe that Chinese Democracy will be a very good album, and in someways be far more interesting than the UYI albums, which between the two of them were a mixed bag of great, average and poor.

Edited by dobadog

Anyone else think the Paradise City is much better? The music fits the images much more appropriately. They should make a new advert based around Better- say some guy ditching his cheating partner, getting onto his Harley and rifing off into the sunset; not a bunch of stray sheep!

gotta hang with you on this one. Sheep? granted the black sheep image is a nice allusion but ... I percieve better as a relationship song not a rebel yell song.

sorry I didn't read down the list before I started the same topic

Edited by rockerman

This just doesn't add up. Better was licensed to Harley-Davidson for use in an ad, they shot the commercial, and it looked like all systems go. Then all the sudden it was replaced with PC. Why in the hell would they be holding it back? If management contacted them and asked them not to show the video with Better yet it wouldn't matter because the song has already been licensed to Harley-Davidson by Axl and Sanctuary.

The only logical conclusion I can reach is that they are holding back waiting for some major event-perhaps a press release, release of a single or strategic placement of the ad in a highly rated program such as the World Series.

It's plausible to assume that the agreement that GN'R management signed with HD had a date when they could begin using the song. The ad was with "better" in it was added to their site before their license to use the song began, someone noticed the mistake and it was removed.

I wish that people would drop this world series crap. Just because the subsidiary of MLB that runs the team websites is running gunsnroses.com, doesn't mean that they going to do run a commerical during the world series.

I've heard the "Better" HD version along with many others. The only thing I can say for sure is that it was a studio, mixed version of the song. Sounded pretty good, but my expectations are low at this point for the new music...it seems the album is really coming out now. rock2 rock1