Why Does Finck Get Slated So Much?

There Was A Fine

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you why he gets slated.

because he is the guy playing most of the leads in the band. he is the guy who replaced the former lead guitarist just months after his departure. he is the guitar icon of this band and the dislike stems from jealousy.

he has an amazing tone. his style is amazing, his stage presence is amazing. when this album hits, he is going to be huge. and that just kills the slash cupcakes.. so they bag on him.

he's my favorite guitarist. rock3

I'll tell you why he gets slated.

because he is the guy playing most of the leads in the band. he is the guy who replaced the former lead guitarist just months after his departure. he is the guitar icon of this band and the dislike stems from jealousy.

he has an amazing tone. his style is amazing, his stage presence is amazing. when this album hits, he is going to be huge. and that just kills the slash cupcakes.. so they bag on him.

he's my favorite guitarist. rock3

ROCK THE FUCK ON!!! rock1

you fuckheads just dont wanna give him a chance coz he replaced slash, WELL FUCK YOU

Edited by There Was A Fine

his butchering of patience, and sometimes what he does with novmeber rain

i love everything else he does, but he should really pass the solo on patience to someone else.

aw i love his patience solo. he really makes it his own.

but i dont think it matters on the older stuff so much as the new stuff.

and he's been so fucking dedicated to Axl and to the band.. he's been there from the beginning of this project despite a year long sojourn with Trent. he is going to be one of the key writers/players on the upcoming album.

IMO he gets slated simply for playing stuff that Slash et al wrote...

He plays it in his own way and people don't like that, cos "it don't sound like Slash"..

So fucking what? If you love Slash (as I do) then listen to AFD/UYI.. Don't expect Finck to sound like someone he isn't! Finck is gonna sound like Finck!

I think he's awesome, not the best guitarist in the band though. But hey, I love 'em all! :wub:

KK x

Finck a good guitarists, but he butchers too much of the old material. Just go listen to any bootleg.

I don't think he gets slated because he replaced Slash. You don't see too often any Duff, Steven, Izzy, and Slash fans criticizing the playing of Fortus, Brian, Tommy, and Ron. The problem is that Finck plays around the solos, not in a good way, and it doesn't sound too good. :no:

I don't have any problem with his playing on the new material, that he plays good live.

But to say that he's the best guitarist in the band is a slap in the face to Fortus and Ron.

Finck a good guitarists, but he butchers too much of the old material. Just go listen to any bootleg.

I don't think he gets slated because he replaced Slash. You don't see too often any Duff, Steven, Izzy, and Slash fans criticizing the playing of Fortus, Brian, Tommy, and Ron. The problem is that Finck plays around the solos, not in a good way, and it doesn't sound too good. :no:

I don't have any problem with his playing on the new material, that he plays good live.

But to say that he's the best guitarist in the band is a slap in the face to Fortus and Ron.

I agree-his playing is sloppy in some songs, plain and simple. There is no way he has a better technical ability than Ron or better feel than Richard.

Because he's Axl's main man and the people who aren't keen on the new GnR line-up feel he's the best person to target to slag off the band.

The main reason they slag him off cuz he has his own style that is a looser and based more on emotion than just mundanely hitting every note slash played when slash would play it, so they take this difference to be "wrong". It is of course bollocks. That's not to say they can't prefer Slash's solos, but to call robin shit is nonsense because he probably plays every solo exactly how he wants to.

LP

Because he's Axl's main man and the people who aren't keen on the new GnR line-up feel he's the best person to target to slag off the band.

The main reason they slag him off cuz he has his own style that is a looser and based more on emotion than just mundanely hitting every note slash played when slash would play it, so they take this difference to be "wrong". It is of course bollocks. That's not to say they can't prefer Slash's solos, but to call robin shit is nonsense because he probably plays every solo exactly how he wants to.

LP

great post..

robins fanbase is growing by the day. :shades:

if he left GNR, my interest in this band would go way way way down (although I'd still love it). Its like an article that reviewed the Inland Invasion show said.. He's pretty much an equal to Axl.

If we wanted a band to go out and play the shit out of AFD then Richard and Ron would be your men. I'd rather see these 2 guys doing that - it suits them better. BUT robin is in that band for one reason. Chinese Democracy.

Axl didn't hire Finck to go on tour to play covers. Thats just part of his job. A part in 2002, he did mess up a few times. I'm sure everyone will let that go when we hear Robin's influences and writting on CD. If you doubt Robin, then you've really got problems with the new single considering Axl said he pretty much wrote it.

LP

1. great post..

robins fanbase is growing by the day. :shades:

2.if he left GNR, my interest in this band would go way way way down (although I'd still love it). Its like an article that reviewed the Inland Invasion show said.. He's pretty much an equal to Axl.

1. Agree

2. Disagree.

;)

November Rain (aswell as SCOM) is where Finck is at his worst, I think. Not a good example. I personally thought it was blatent at Rock AM Ring how much better Fortus and Ron are when you see them all play a solo like that.

Something like TWAT or Mr. Brownstone would be one of his good songs where you can see his good playing.

I don't think anyone has bitched about his tone. His tone is fucking amazing. It's pretty much identical to Slash's.

Some people just complain about him being a sloppy joe. It's a valid argument and I don't think it has much to do with him replacing Slash. I personally don't mind because he makes up for it in passion and stage presence, but I could see how one would be unhappy with his playing.

November Rain (aswell as SCOM) is where Finck is at his worst, I think. Not a good example. I personally thought it was blatent at Rock AM Ring how much better Fortus and Ron are when you see them all play a solo like that.

Something like TWAT or Mr. Brownstone would be one of his good songs where you can see his good playing.

totaly aggree.

I like Slash.

I don't like Finck.

The reason I don't like Finck is not because I like Slash.

I don't like Finck because I feel he is overated and doesn't do justice to his title.

I don't like him because he more or less changed his entire image to fit in with the term 'Rock Band' (that was not cool)

Finck is only playing more leads because he has been there longest out of the new guitar players.

I love Axl, Tommy, Richard, Dizzy, Brain, Ron and Pit(t)man.

Therefore, I still love Guns N' Roses, just not the supposed 'lead guitar player' and future "Legend".

And remember Jim Bob, this is IMO....

Wow, that video really sucked.

Axl cant hit a single tone, he's WAY off. Probably the worst performance I've ever

heard of Axl.

And the solo? Are you kidding me, nothing of this reminds me of November Rain.

It's just... not November Rain.

Edited by Raw Power