Why Does Finck Get Slated So Much?

There Was A Fine

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever it was that said Finck's main purpose in the band is to write new music, is fuckin' correct. We've heard what he's done already and a lot of us are very impressed. However, so many are unwilling to give the guy a chance because he does things his own way?! Well boys and girls that's what GN'R has always been about.

I just look forward to people have their mouth's closed when Robin's work on 'Chinese Democracy' is exposed. The New GN'R fans will have the last laugh. rock1

I like Robin. The simple fact of the matter is that if he were any less than a great musician, Axl would not have him in the band. My only gripe is the way he plays his solo in November Rain, but it's not lack of ability to play it, it's just the way Robin plays it.

His new material kicks ass, and I can't wait to hear the rest of it on the album.

Well ....

my reason for not beeing Fink fan is that he cannot play guitar properly

Sometimes when he plays his solo I cannot hear fucking melody

It’s just some single tones ... – sounds like crap

Thanks guys for telling me that mess he plays with Fortus is Beautiful ‘cos I wouldn’t figure that one myself

:rofl-lol:

Edited by Iras

He sure can play the guitar in his own songs (Better) but fucks up more than often in anyone elses songs by getting too "emotional".

And many people here seem to think that "emotion" in playing is making funny faces and bending out of tune etc :rofl-lol:

My hatred for Finck has nothing to do with my love of Slash. In fact I'm disappointed with the lack of heart Slash has put into Velvet Revolver. My hatred for Finck stems from his lack of compitence as a a rock lead guitarist. The guy just isn't that good. He butchers most of the solos he plays during concerts, and it's just really sad and disappointing to see. His tone isn't anything to write home about either. I'm not going to comment on his songwriting abilities because, quite honestly, until CD comes out I have close to no clue what the guy is capable of. But as a lead guitarist, he really should step down and hand it over to Ron or Fortus.

you fuckheads just dont wanna give him a chance coz he replaced slash, WELL FUCK YOU

no..fuck you..

if only if it were so easy, to as why some "slate" Finck...

its not because of Slash..if thats honestly what your thinking.. :lol::lol: !!..

Exactly.

Saying people don't like Finck because he replaced Slash is just a bullshit excuse. No One needs to tell me why I don't like him as a guitarist. It has fuck all to do with former members. I like Fortus ALOT, and Tommy is good too. If I was so hung up on the former line-up I wouldn't feel that way or even admit to it.

And saying that Finck plays the songs with his own "style" is just a fucking cop-out. Sorry, if he was such a great guitarist Axl wouldn't feel the need to have had Bucket there and now Ron as well as Richard to help share lead guitar duties. Slash didn't need any help to play all the solos. Finck needs 2 other guitarists to back him up and get the same job done.

People try to equate his loyalty to Axl as being equal to his skills as a guitar player. That's not the case at all. Good for him that he's stayed in the band all these years (except of course when he left and Axl thought that was a GOOD thing), still doesn't make him a good guitarist.

i cant think of anyone here who would moan if bumble took the lead spot,

ive never read a bad post about him or any of the other members exept finck

so that says it all in my opinion,

ps- didn't one guys guitar teacher here who's heard him play say he was a very average guitarist?

gets ready to be told to leave the forum cos some people cant take others opinions :)

they could give the lead spot to anyone in the world' for all i care it could be a female, as long as they can play i aint fussed who it is,

I have no doubt that Finck is a great songwriter and an excellent guitar player. I think he can pull of the solos and parts within songs extremely well. However I have issues with his solo guitar sections when playing live. They sound like he's making up as he's going, resembling someone sitting jamming at home rather than a rock star playing in front of 10,000+ rock fans. Sometimes it works well, but sometimes it sounds laboured and screws up the flow of the whole show.

my reason for not beeing Fink fan is that he cannot play guitar properly

Yeah the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses cannot play the guitar. Don't you just hate idiots Iras? :rolleyes:

Pretty much every review of the GN'R shows this summer have commented positively on Robin Finck's input.

Guitarist Robin Finck, in particular, has grown toward something like equality with Rose; his solos flashed and bubbled, deviating enough from ex-GNR lead guitarist Slash's style that they gave hope that the new Guns N' Roses is becoming more than a replicant.

Inland Invasion Review.

His backing band, now including ex-NIN man Robin Finck on guitars, ex-Primus/God-Flesh drummer Brian 'Brain' Mantia on drums and five other hired hands - including two keyboardists - are surprisingly good musicians, with Finck's portentous solo-ing in particular not making you really miss Slash at all.

Hammerstein Ballroom (17th) review, from Kerrang!

So maybe there is some people on this board who don't like Finck but it doesn't seem to matter because critics are diggin' him so fuck 'em.

So maybe there is some people on this board who don't like Finck but it doesn't seem to matter because critics are diggin' him so fuck 'em.

Oh, so now it only matters what the critics have to say, not the fans? :huh:

OK, I'll remember that the next time the band gets a shit review...

Oh, so now it only matters what the critics have to say, not the fans? :huh:

OK, I'll remember that the next time the band gets a shit review...

:rofl-lol:

his butchering of patience, and sometimes what he does with novmeber rain

i love everything else he does, but he should really pass the solo on patience to someone else.

The version of Patience they play now (Rock Am Ring) is the best ever.

Love both Finck and Brain in it!

you fuckheads just dont wanna give him a chance coz he replaced slash, WELL FUCK YOU

no..fuck you..

if only if it were so easy, to as why some "slate" Finck...

its not because of Slash..if thats honestly what your thinking.. :lol::lol: !!..

Exactly.

Saying people don't like Finck because he replaced Slash is just a bullshit excuse. No One needs to tell me why I don't like him as a guitarist. It has fuck all to do with former members. I like Fortus ALOT, and Tommy is good too. If I was so hung up on the former line-up I wouldn't feel that way or even admit to it.

And saying that Finck plays the songs with his own "style" is just a fucking cop-out. Sorry, if he was such a great guitarist Axl wouldn't feel the need to have had Bucket there and now Ron as well as Richard to help share lead guitar duties. Slash didn't need any help to play all the solos. Finck needs 2 other guitarists to back him up and get the same job done.

People try to equate his loyalty to Axl as being equal to his skills as a guitar player. That's not the case at all. Good for him that he's stayed in the band all these years (except of course when he left and Axl thought that was a GOOD thing), still doesn't make him a good guitarist.

bad argument. its not a matter of needing someone else to pick up robin's slack. its because the band is awesome with 3 guitarists who each have their own style and bring their own thing to the table. gilby cited this as one of his reasons for quiting/getting himself fired was because he didn't want to play in a band with 3 guitarists.. and this was 1994.

robin plays the old material the way he choses to play it. he's the lead guitarist, they are his parts to play as he wishes. i think he does a great job, and i think the majority would agree outside of some silly slash fanboys on a gnr forum.

Robin is easily the best guitarist in the band. if he wasn't he wouldn't have as much of the lead guitar duties as he does.

and if you think otherwise, well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcZJUovRU28

rock1

On behalf of Robin I would like to say to the die hard slash fans: sorry for him owning those soloes so much! :(

:xmasssanta: rock1

robin plays the old material the way he choses to play it. he's the lead guitarist, they are his parts to play as he wishes. i think he does a great job, and i think the majority would agree outside of some silly slash fanboys on a gnr forum.

lets get one thing straight robin plays the old material, they are not his parts to play as he didn't write them,

but i take it this is just your way of trying to drag members into a fight so you can try to get them banned

the thread starter asked the question of why he gets slated & its been answered' if you cant take constructive criticism thats your problem'

if we all liked the same thing what would you moan about then?

i just saw his solo in november rain at rock am ring,

and people were bashing him about the tone he uses a couple of weeks ago

but wtf, http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWer-vHDGDA his tone is fucking awesome,

why do ppl hate him so much?

if anyone who has a shit tone, its richard

We don't hate Fink. We give him a hard time because his playing is not up to the standards of other GNR guitarists. If you listen to Fortus' solo just before Fink on that NR, it's perfect. Fink's on the other hand has mistakes.

rock4