Why Does Finck Get Slated So Much?

There Was A Fine

Do you have any links of Robin playing with the circus?

Cirque de Soleil is not a "circus" in the traditional sense of what you are thinking. It's musical theatrical production. A very successful and critically acclaimed production. You can read more here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/cirque-du-soleil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_Soleil

Finck was the musical director for two years. Cirque del Soleil isn't some small time gig. It takes more then knowing the blues scale and a bunch of powerchords to be land this gig. For Finck to be able to land that gig and for two years, shows you how much talent and respect this guy has as a musician and artist.

Now, on the other handle, to land a gig with MJ requires only that you like 7UP.

On another note, Finck wasn't the one who scared Slash off. Finched joined GnR in 1998 well after Slash had left. Zakk Wylde was one of the earliest guitarist Axl asked to work with GnR.

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

Watch as Slash tries to keep up but can only do his cheezy same old blues solos over and over ...

Edited by Anti

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

Watch as Slash tries to keep up but can only do his cheezy same old blues solos over and over ...

Thanks for posting that video, that was fucking awsome

But whats your point? Slash sounds sweet there. Finck would NEVER be able to keep up with Zakk fucking Wylde, are you serious? :lol:

Edited by sweetness

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

But whats your point? Slash sounds sweet there. Finck would NEVER be able to keep up with Zakk fucking Wylde, are you serious? :lol:

IMO Finck would keep better upp with zakky boy than Slash, cus Finck can play faster.

Edited by Chris Axl

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

IMO Finck would keep better upp with zakky boy than Slash, cus Finck can play faster.

Speed isn't everything.

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

You people....know nothing...not a DAMN thing....I mean I don't know where to begin with that statement

I really don't

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

Are you really THAT stupid?

I hate when wankers like you don't know the FUCK what they're talking about.

Edited by Raw Power

Captain sloppy play faster?

keep up with Zakk?

lissen to the TWAT solo wich "There Was A Fine "uplouded.

Its a fact that Finck can play faster than Slash.

I dident say he can keep up with mr wylde (few guys can...) but he does it better than slash, beacuse of speed.

Edited by Chris Axl

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

Point being? Slash's ego.

Imagine going to work everyday and having to work with someone who was better then you at what you do but could also shred faster? That's the dilemna Slash was facing when Axl was looking for new guitarists to work with. Zakk Wylde was one of them new guitarists working with GnR. He can do everything Slash does, but smoother and faster. Slash obviously had issues with that and left.

Finck on the other hand isn't insecure or an egomaniac who wants the spotlight only himself. Unlike Slash, he is willing to work with anybody even if they might be technically better. Unlike Slash, he didn't get scared and leave when someone like Buckethead joined the band.

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

Are you really THAT stupid?

I hate when wankers like you don't know the FUCK what they're talking about.

I know pretty good what Im talking about....

Imagine going to work everyday and having to work with someone who was better then you at what you do but could also shred faster?

This proves that you don't know what you're talking about.

Slash isnt a shred type of guitarist, he has never consenttrated about playing fast

like Wylde, Satch, and all those other wankers. Slash consentrates about making

cool riffs and solos. It's not important to him that its difficult to play.

And sure, many people can play Slash solos. But NO ONE, absolutley no one can

make them sound like Slash did.

If people use speed as an argument on who's best proves that they don't know what they're talking about.

OH, but being bluesy is SO MUCH BETTER..... :rolleyes:

Seriously, can someone make this fool go away?

Shut the FUCK up if you don't kow what you're talking about.. like in this case.

I even don't wanna respond to stupid and idiotic things like this.

If you don't know what you're talking about, why don't you just shut the hell up?

If you even don't know how to play guitar, obviously you don't, then how can you

tell us what makes a good guitarist or not?

Speed is NOT everything. Even for a wanker like Satch or Wylde.

You need SO much more.

And the most important, you need the ability to MAKE cool music.

Edited by Raw Power

Jesus, Finck is an awesome guitarist or he wouldn't be the lead of GN'R. But come on Slash owns Finck on every single level... except one. Performance. Finck is much more entertaining to watch. I'd know having seen both perform live.

But all in all Slash>Finck.

Infact GNR was noticeable over the sea of shredder-led bands back in the 80s for having a more old-fashioned back to basics approach, everybody from Ratt to Harem Scarem had a superfast shredder in the band back then...

And yeah Guns' success over all those bands proves being bluesy was better.

If people use speed as an argument on who's best proves that they don't know what they're talking about.

OH, but being bluesy is SO MUCH BETTER..... :rolleyes:

Seriously, can someone make this fool go away?

Shut the FUCK up if you don't kow what you're talking about.. like in this case.

I even don't wanna respond to stupid and idiotic things like this.

If you don't know what you're talking about, why don't you just shut the hell up?

If you even don't know how to play guitar, obviously you don't, then how can you

tell us what makes a good guitarist or not?

Speed is NOT everything. Even for a wanker like Satch or Wylde.

You need SO much more.

And the most important, you need the ability to MAKE cool music.

first, if you DONT want me to post, why the hell do you ask me a question?

So you play guitar ey? I guess you nail some of the GN'R soloes (slash soloes)

Now, try do some Zakk Wylde, Buckethead.....

moron, just beacus I got another opinion doesent mean I dont know what im talking about

idiot

Edited by Chris Axl

You obviously don't get what I talk about.

This is not about your or mine opinion or not. This is the FACT!

Speed is NOT everything. You need so much more to be a good guitarist!

If you disagree with that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

and can just get out of this thread. You actually need some knowledge about

something to discuss something.

Stupid 12 year old kid.

Edited by Raw Power

You obviously don't get what I talk about.

This is not about your or mine opinion or not. This is the FACT!

Speed is NOT everything. You need so much more to be a good guitarist!

If you disagree with that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about

and can just get out of this thread. You actually need some knowledge about

something to discuss something.

Stupid 12 year old kid.

I never said speed is EVERYTHING, did I?

But im ending this discussion, cus of what UK Subs said.

Robin Finck is the leadguitarist in Guns N' Roses now, accept it :)

Do you have any links of Robin playing with the circus?

Cirque de Soleil is not a "circus" in the traditional sense of what you are thinking. It's musical theatrical production. A very successful and critically acclaimed production. You can read more here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/cirque-du-soleil

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_du_Soleil

Finck was the musical director for two years. Cirque del Soleil isn't some small time gig. It takes more then knowing the blues scale and a bunch of powerchords to be land this gig. For Finck to be able to land that gig and for two years, shows you how much talent and respect this guy has as a musician and artist.

Now, on the other handle, to land a gig with MJ requires only that you like 7UP.

On another note, Finck wasn't the one who scared Slash off. Finched joined GnR in 1998 well after Slash had left. Zakk Wylde was one of the earliest guitarist Axl asked to work with GnR.

Zakk Wydle vs. Slash:

Thanks for explaining how Finck sold out to the circus.

That was a cool clip of Slash and MJ doing Billie Jean. Slash pwned. Did he get a little carried away there? With that guy tapping/telling him something?

I've seen that Zakk & Slash video a long time ago. They both owned. It's a shame Slash's guitar wasn't turned up. Zakk highly respects Slash.

Did read the GW Interview a couple of months ago, where Zakk said he saw Axl, and told him to get the fuck out of here.