Why Does Finck Get Slated So Much?

There Was A Fine

Making long posts can make you look smarter. I applaud your effort. The thing you forgot is you actually need to know what you're talking about when you make those long posts.

And those who have very little to say are either very smart and humble, or are either really stupid and can't offer anything to the conversation.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to pick your posts apart point by point. Lucky for us, there are plenty of other posters more than willing to do it for me. I was trying to do you a favor, but never mind me. Keep trying to defend your defenseless posts. That should keep you busy for awhile at least.

There are certainly things out there worth criticizing Slash over. You haven't found any of them yet.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making long posts can make you look smarter. I applaud your effort. The thing you forgot is you actually need to know what you're talking about when you make those long posts.

And those who have very little to say are either very smart and humble, or are either really stupid and can't offer anything to the conversation.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"--Mark Twain

Sadly for you, you removed all doubt.

Aren't you the one who doesn't know how rap and hip-hop influenced rock 'n' roll? You probably don't even know that the roots of rock 'n' roll lie in African black culture?

And aren't you the one who wants to be Mrs. Axl Rose? By Mark Twain's standards, Axl Rose is the biggest fool of all time.

Aren't you the one who doesn't know how rap and hip-hop influenced rock 'n' roll? You probably don't even know that the roots of rock 'n' roll lie in African black culture?

And aren't you the one who wants to be Mrs. Axl Rose? By Mark Twain's standards, Axl Rose is the biggest fool of all time.

Seriously man don't try to fuckin' challenge her. You will not win. Ask Shades.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"--Mark Twain

I don't think rap has exactly "influenced" rock n' roll.

Yeah, I'm aware of the roots of rock n' roll. My parents practically shoved it down my throat; esp since they are black and grew up during the time when white artists were accused of "stealing" black music. Rock n' roll was HEAVILY influenced by the blues, etc. But show me where RAP has INFLUENCED it, or to use your word "changed" it. Sure many rock n' roll artists have collaborated with rap artists, and maybe use some "hip-hop" in their music. But rap has not changed the core of what rock n' roll is.

If anything, it would be the other way around; its why you have so much sampling FROM rock n' roll that goes on in the rap, hip-hop community.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Yeah, I'm aware of the roots of rock n' roll. My parents practically shoved it down my throat; esp since they are black and grew up during the time when white artists were accused of "stealing" black music. Rock n' roll was HEAVILY influenced by the blues, etc. But show me where RAP has INFLUENCED it.

well its technically not rock but rap has influenced bands like Faith No More and Papa Roach and the "nu-metal" generation

damn i hate it when im late to topics on this.

First, Kurt Cobian SUCKED at guitar. He probably is one of the worst guitarists that will be remembered for the rest of time. His riffs were 3 strings, his solos werent anything, and he really just all around didnt have much guitar creativity. I have 3 Nirvina cds, Nirvina, Instescticide , and In Utero and really the Greatest hits (nirvina) is the best because the other 2 arent to me that speical. the songs get repetivitive. He's remembered for his lyrics and even his shitty guitar playing.

Second, anyone who knows anything on guitar (that is who plays) knows that Finck really isnt good let alone great. His solo from inland sounded more like sweet child with a phaser effect and some boring tremlo picking that if i knew the effect i could most likly play (after seeing and hearing it a couple times). when i hear slash play i think wow how did he play that. he plays his solos smooth even today. if he hits an extra note he'll play off it most of the time. yes he has gotten sloppy and he was before but remember he was drunk have the time. Try playing guitar high or drunk and see how that works out. sounds good to you but not to the otehrs sometimes.

O and you want some flaws with slash, fine, this is coming from someone who admits to being a slasholite or wutever people call them

-he hogs the stage he was the center of attention

-hes very stubborn, he wants shit his way. maybe if he would have bared with axl and did what axl wanted and relised it would have sucked, they could have gone back.

-hes getting old so compared to AFD days, he sucks, but still in my (and most eyes) will be better then finck or fortes, some may even say BBF (thats pushing it tho)

-slashs snakepit sucked i guess

-he wants no change

-some of his stuff is mostly the same scale (tho i dont agree with that statement myself, i dont know scales that well so i wouldnt know)

enough?

btw, Nu-metal was is the mark in music history that most metal fans wanna white wash.

im gonna post the video of sweet child o mine from the inland invasion on another forum and lets get GUITAR players word on it (also gonna post his solo).

Edited by gnrfan4life3690

Yeah, I'm aware of the roots of rock n' roll. My parents practically shoved it down my throat; esp since they are black and grew up during the time when white artists were accused of "stealing" black music. Rock n' roll was HEAVILY influenced by the blues, etc. But show me where RAP has INFLUENCED it, or to use your word "changed" it. Sure many rock n' roll artists have collaborated with rap artists, and maybe use some "hip-hop" in their music. But rap has not changed the core of what rock n' roll is.

If anything, it would be the other way around; its why you have so much sampling FROM rock n' roll that goes on in the rap, hip-hop community.

if "rap" goes back to its roots, it comes from rock n' roll.

How can it be said at all that rap inspired rock? Rap didn't come about in any notable way until the very late 80's, and call me crazy, but I'm PRETTY sure that Elvis was belting out blues-inspired rock about three decades earlier than that. If you want to say that rap was part of the inspiration for the current nu-metal rock, then it would be fair to say that rap helped grunge kill real rock.

But anyway, not to get derailed...I'm a guitar player too (not that it gives much credibility to anyone's opinion), and I think Finck is a lot more talented than most people give him credit for. That's all I'll say about that.

How can it be said at all that rap inspired rock? Rap didn't come about in any notable way until the very late 80's, and call me crazy, but I'm PRETTY sure that Elvis was belting out blues-inspired rock about three decades earlier than that. If you want to say that rap was part of the inspiration for the current nu-metal rock, then it would be fair to say that rap helped grunge kill real rock.

But anyway, not to get derailed...I'm a guitar player too (not that it gives much credibility to anyone's opinion), and I think Finck is a lot more talented than most people give him credit for. That's all I'll say about that.

haha, that quote in your sig is the best. mooninites rule

if "rap" goes back to its roots, it comes from rock n' roll.

:confused: um,no... Although rock n' roll influences some rap artists......a primitive form of Hip Hop was first shaped by slaves that came to America in the 18th Century from West Africa. The scenic background is that slaves who were often tired and bored with hard work, started speaking out complaints or sang phrases that would cheer them up. These words were accompanied with claps or beats made by hitting a spot on their bodies. This shaped the very primitive form of Hip Hop.

Anyway, that's waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy off topic.

The point is, Robin has a long long long way to go before he can be considered among the best guitarists, or even the best in the band. Hopefully the new album will show what he is capable of.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

"'Brian can you come and do stuff which I will like and I won't feel too bad about ditching this other stuff?'"

Okay, you want to show me where EXACTLY in Brian's quote he says Axl "LOVES" the stuff Robin did?

he doesn't say it per se, but anyone with a bit of common sense can deduce from it that he liked the stuff, hence the "won't feel too bad about ditching it" part.. if he didn't like it he wouldn't feel bad about ditching the stuff at all.. that's the part where you can tell Axl liked Robin's stuff.

Axl: "...it turned out to be a good thing. We've been able to push some of the guitar parts a step further, that had he (Robin) been here, it's not something that would have been considered..."

I take it he was upset with Robin's departure and he went and said those things but weren't exactly true.. you know, kinda like a pride thing, he woun't admit Robin was a vital part of the project even if he was.. and the part about pushing it a step further.. well yes, that's true, but who are we talking about here? Buckethead!!!! I mean, HE would step up any guitar work from any guitarist out there! so it's unfair to compare him to Robin like that.. if it was Richard instead of Robin for example, it would have been the same situation.. Buckethead is in another league altogether.. but that doesn't mean the guitar work as Robin left it wasn't good enough for Axl.. and he kept it anyway after all so there's no point in discussing this any further

Robin has a whole 100 fans on a message board! I'm happy for him. Really.

you're being so obnoxious about this.. why are you so bitter??? go to a fuckin 10000 members Slash forum but stop being so negative about Robin's fandom.. hell, I'M a Slash fan myself! I contributed to his bday gift back in July even! AND I love Robin.. why can't that be possible?? not everyone here is a Slash enemy ya know?? cuz you're being so defensive about it that it looks like you think every Robin fan here hates Slash, that's not true!

and btw, 100 members is still more than any other bandmember except for Axl! last time I checked Richard or Tommy didn't have message boards that I know of.. atl east we Robin fans are being vocal about it.. we are spreading the love, where are all the other members fans??? Robin has dedicated fans like no other new member.. that's a fact, so I don't really care if you like us or not.. I don't fell like I have to prove myself about anything here.. I know I'm a huge Robin fan and that's all that matters..

if you dislike Robin so much, and this is for every hater out there too, why don't you just go and spend your energy and time cheering for the new member that you like the most? we Robin fans are already doing it, instead of wasting our time talking about how much we don't like other members..

Edited by angel of music

He gets slighted probably because he is the 3rd most talented guitar player (out of 3) in his own band. No one on this board can say with a straight face that Robin is a more talented player than Richard or Bumble, and that is kind of pathetic seeing as he is the "lead guitarist". Who knew major rock bands practiced the union type seniority mentality? :rolleyes:

If people love Finck so much, then why do so many wish that it was either Ron or Richard playing lead?

But people DO love Finck. All 100 of them on Jim Bob's forum.

Well Im sure Slash had even less fans than that before his first album release (AFD).

These fans have come about because of the great live performances Finck has done.

If people love Finck so much, then why do so many wish that it was either Ron or Richard playing lead?

Well Im sure Slash had even less fans than that before his first album release (AFD).

These fans have come about because of the great live performances Finck has done.

You're an idiot.

I am also pretty sure that Slash never held the distinction of being the least talented guitarist in his own band at any time during his GNR tenure. It is safe to say no one ever left those gigs thinking "shit, you know Izzy or Gilby is a better guitarist than Slash, why the hell isn't he playing lead instead." After seeing Buckethead, Richard, and now Bumblefoot it is always clear to fans after the show who is the weak link among the new guitarists. Finck maybe the best at kicking his leg around in the air like he has a load in his pants, but in terms of guitar talent he is not in Bumble or Richard's league.

Lets just put this thread to rest!!

Anyone who doesn;t swing off the new bands balls knows that Finck is the poorest guitarist playing in the bad.

Face it, he sucks. His solo's sound like someone tuning their guitar. He plays, i cringe. Thats why people don't like him. I'm over Slash, he's been gone for 10 years, and i dont give a fuck. BUT FINCK SUCKS. HE FUCKS UP THE SOLO'S that Rich and Ron play well.

There is a poll on this in "don't damn me". Check it out, you'll see the majority has spoken.

A8R

You're an idiot.

Uh why are we resorting to name calling.

You tell us "robin fans" that we always jump on you for criticising him - but its really you guys who are being bullies. :rolleyes:

Yo. So Slash is and was the fucking man. Im pissed hes not in GNR any more, but I can appreciate Robin for what he is, and I like his style. Hes not the same as slash in any right. Hes probably not as good a composer, and his laid back, groovy style seems out of place sometimes. but slash never really played in time with the music either. he had his fuckin blues groove that just worked. and i think fink works too. i miss slash sure as hell, but finks fucking cool too, and I cant wait to see him rock out in baltimore on the 13th. Slash has the personality that rockz, and fink has one too. i dont see why all you slashites, and all us axlfanz cant get the fuck along. we all want amazing rock music, and this band is trying to give it to us. they dont got shit against us. theyr trying to make a living, and tryin to have fun while they do it. so lets all enjoy the new linup, and pay our dues to Slash aka God and Fink. They both have their place in history, and i can appreciate them both.

Lets all get along, and cheer this band as they release the album. If we dont, noone will, and they end up in shitland with fucking panick at the cocksucking disco and all those other shitters.

Yo. So Slash is and was the fucking man. Im pissed hes not in GNR any more, but I can appreciate Robin for what he is, and I like his style. Hes not the same as slash in any right. Hes probably not as good a composer, and his laid back, groovy style seems out of place sometimes. but slash never really played in time with the music either. he had his fuckin blues groove that just worked. and i think fink works too. i miss slash sure as hell, but finks fucking cool too, and I cant wait to see him rock out in baltimore on the 13th. Slash has the personality that rockz, and fink has one too. i dont see why all you slashites, and all us axlfanz cant get the fuck along. we all want amazing rock music, and this band is trying to give it to us. they dont got shit against us. theyr trying to make a living, and tryin to have fun while they do it. so lets all enjoy the new linup, and pay our dues to Slash aka God and Fink. They both have their place in history, and i can appreciate them both.

Lets all get along, and cheer this band as they release the album. If we dont, noone will, and they end up in shitland with fucking panick at the cocksucking disco and all those other shitters.

Great post dude. 100% right. :):shades: