GNR Tour Kickoff Show ... 10.24.06 Sunrise Florida USA

Hanoi Rocks

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all should stop getting our hopes up. The only new thing that is gonna happen someday in a near future is a release date announcement and then the album will drop. We won´t be hearing new live songs or an onstage announcement so we´re just fooling ourselves in hoping for one. Let´s be glad the album is actually coming out and that the band is doing a tour called "Chinese Democracy". ;)

Edited by Lukinx

LOL @ the setlist.. what a shocker.

Cant wait to hear the excuses from the Axlites tomorrow.

This Axlite is already telling you they have an understudy drummer who probably only knows certain songs-

Oh and guess what else? That has nothing to do with Axl, he sings, he can't play the drums as well. :fuckyou: <---No Offense of course! :rolleyes:

Ah, and right on cue, here come the excuses.

No band goes on tour without a backup at guitars, drums, etc. incase someone falls ill - and those people practice all the songs that band could possibly play on the tour.

What the fuck is your point here? If you didn't have the internet and know the previous setlists - which most of the people at this show are covered by - The Blues and Better would be brand new to you. It's only the hardcore fans who download the concert bootlegs. 95% of the people at this show have never heard Better live.

The concert isn't even half over and you're making proclimations and throwing names. Do us all a favor - at least shut the fuck up till it's over. Because a) most people with a brain weren't expecting many changes from the warmup gigs and euro tour and B) even if they do add a song or two, it's likely to be towards the end once the crowd is into the show.

your forgetting the fact that this isnt the new band covering the old band. its supposed to be for the NEW FUCKING ALBUM. why the fuck cant the NEW FUCKING ALBUM be played to promote it. idk who came up with this idea, but going out there and playing appetite every fucking night wont sell Chinese Democracy

Name ONE band that play a full setlist with new songs when they do a "promotion"-tour?

I think no one does..

Name ONE band that play a full setlist with new songs when they do a "promotion"-tour?

I think no one does..

You´re right but sticking to the almost exact playlist as the pre-tour when you´re now out on the actual "Chinese Democracy"-tour and almost just play old material is not something that most bands would do (maybe crap bands that are only alive thanks to 3-4 hit songs). Hopefully this will change when the album is out cause that is the only thing justifying what they´re doing.

Edited by Lukinx

I just signed up so i can post here.

First off they played NEW songs like 4 of them and even did CD for one of the last songs.

Second of for all the REAL fans that know GNR thats Axls M O showing up late and it was only an hour and half...Back in the day it was 2 -3 sometimes 4 hours.

And FINALLY

the show KICKS A$$ it was a great show from beginning to end

SO all that got tickets you are in for a great time

PS for the post that the fans did not respond F that they went NUTS when the lights went out and the first lick of Welcome to the Jungle played.

i don't understand all the people bashing the band for playing the same set-list. 99% of bands do that. these shows are for the people in attendance, not a bunch of message board fanboys in another state or country. to these people this is a whole new experience. the only bands that play a differnent set every night are jam bands like the Black Crowes, who don't have much of a stage show by the way. with GNR you've got an amazing lightshow and pyro which have to be co-ordinated ahead of time to #1) go with the music, and #2) the musicians on stage have to know where and when the blasts are gonna go off so they don't get "Spinal-Tapped"! changing songs every night is just not an option and it's only a "disappointment" to those that sit at their computer for four hours waiting on updates.

Rack em !

I'm glad the tour continued.

But I'm disapointed there wasn't any new material. <_<

it has actually been a rumour that the reason they didnt play any new material because of the replacement drummer.. maybe he didnt know any of the other songs because they are getting kept incredibly low for just within the members

I'm glad the tour continued.

But I'm disapointed there wasn't any new material. <_<

it has actually been a rumour that the reason they didnt play any new material because of the replacement drummer.. maybe he didnt know any of the other songs because they are getting kept incredibly low for just within the members

UM THEY PLAYED 4 NEW SONGS FROM CD WHAT THE F EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT

Edited by thewebguy

I dont get some of the shit people are saying. I was at the show last night. Whoever said half the people left are full of shit. Yes, some people left early, but tht hapens at all shows. The crowd loved the show and went ape-shit and Axl sounded fucking great--Night Train ROCKED!!!

I wanted to hear some new shit very badly. But honestly, when he played the new songs, the crowd got QUIET (especially the Blues). People around me were asking eachother "Does he have a new album or something?". They had no idea and no real interest about the new songs. The crowd wanted the big guns, and thats what they got. Once and if CD comes out, you can be your ass more stuff will be added, and the fans will want to hear it.

For some people that post here, nothing Axl and company does will be good enough. I dont understand why some continue to waste their time here spouting negative crap. If you have an opinion, express it. But all some people can say is how much GnR sucks and its all getting fucked up. If you feel that way, get over it and move on. We want the new shit, and it is coming.

Axl sounded great, they played for over two hours, they played some of the new stuff. And yes, they were late. Can anybody really say that this suprised them???? Thats what they do. For anybody who spent money to see a kick-ass show, you will not be disappointed. CD is coming, and more will come.

Enjoy the show.

I dont get some of the shit people are saying. I was at the show last night. Whoever said half the people left are full of shit. Yes, some people left early, but tht hapens at all shows. The crowd loved the show and went ape-shit and Axl sounded fucking great--Night Train ROCKED!!!

I wanted to hear some new shit very badly. But honestly, when he played the new songs, the crowd got QUIET (especially the Blues). People around me were asking eachother "Does he have a new album or something?". They had no idea and no real interest about the new songs. The crowd wanted the big guns, and thats what they got. Once and if CD comes out, you can be your ass more stuff will be added, and the fans will want to hear it.

For some people that post here, nothing Axl and company does will be good enough. I dont understand why some continue to waste their time here spouting negative crap. If you have an opinion, express it. But all some people can say is how much GnR sucks and its all getting fucked up. If you feel that way, get over it and move on. We want the new shit, and it is coming.

Axl sounded great, they played for over two hours, they played some of the new stuff. And yes, they were late. Can anybody really say that this suprised them???? Thats what they do. For anybody who spent money to see a kick-ass show, you will not be disappointed. CD is coming, and more will come.

Enjoy the show.

AMEN PREACH ON BROTHER MAN

I'm fully expecting this thread to be deleted soon, as it's probably very pointless.

I'm a little out of touch.

Did the Gn'R show go a head last night? I'm guessing so. If so, were any new songs played? :)

Axl was late, no new gnr songs but Chinese democracy was played,

im guessing no new songs were played due to brain off sick

went to the show last night in sunrise. good show overall but same ol AXLE

took the sound techs quite a while to get the sound right, you could bearly make out sabistain's band had a hard time hearing sabistian and the music was very muddy, popa roach the sound was a little better but you could bearly make out the words. now the fun part Guns and roses did not start till 11:30 good news they played for 2 hours. the wait was so long it was starting to get ugly. never saw so much security at a concert befor. people were starting to boo waiting for them to come out, they didnt come out till a nice chant of AXLE SUCKS through out the arena. within 5 mintutes of the AXLE SUCKS chant they finaly came out. sound sucked first cople of songs you could bearly hear axle but the finaly fixed the sound. sat in the same aera for a cople other concerts and could hear fine. it wasent very cool for axle to come out so late on a work night would not have cared as much if it was a friday or saturday. lot of old songs and about 5 new songs

I find if funny that a lot of ppl are refering to the chant as "Axl Sucks.." I was sitting in section 104 and everyone was saying WHAT THE FUCK!!!

The show kicked ass. The biggest problem I had was with the sound - there was a really annoying hum in the background...and they would make it go away for a few seconds but it would always come back.

They kicked some ass. They rocked the house. The crowd was really into them - eventhough they were late.

I was more pissed off at the venue, they made everyone stand outside until 7:20 when they finally opened the gates. There was a huge line outside - and I think it was totally unecessary. We managed to get inside at around 8:40- 8:50 and Sebastian was on stage. I was dissapointed as I was looking forward to seeing him sing.

Papa roach sucked - we left to get a beer and a bite to eat. What a waste !!

Robin was amazing. rock1 The second guitar dude to do his solo did a really nice version of "A whiter shade of pale". I loved it. My husband thinks it kinda brought the energy level down. I trully enjoyed it. Bumblefoot did a kick ass " Don't you cry" solo . It was great. rock1

I would give this show 8 out of 10 -

But when GnR finally stepped on the stage - it was on!! Great show. Sucky sound. But hey...an "ok " GnR show is a hell of a lot better than a lot of crap out there - so I was a happy camper :)rock3

QUOTE(Jackamo @ Oct 25 2006, 05:26 AM)

Live & Let Die can't be dropped.

it sucks...Out Ta get me and My Michelle suck as well

yep

But honestly, when he played the new songs, the crowd got QUIET (especially the Blues)

Thats because the Blues is worst songs Axl ever sang....I would rather hear My World.

QUOTE(Jackamo @ Oct 25 2006, 05:26 AM)

Live & Let Die can't be dropped.

it sucks...Out Ta get me and My Michelle suck as well

yep

But honestly, when he played the new songs, the crowd got QUIET (especially the Blues)

Thats because the Blues is worst songs Axl ever sang....I would rather hear My World.

you're joking about the blues right? thats an amazing song buddy

I'm fully expecting this thread to be deleted soon, as it's probably very pointless.

I'm a little out of touch.

Did the Gn'R show go a head last night? I'm guessing so. If so, were any new songs played? :)

Jesus fucking Cripes batman... read some of the thread you lazy fucking bastard. It's bad enough you can't get out of your computer chair... does it hurt to scroll with your mouse too?

Any review of the show?????

Where's the sign?

:blink:

went to the show last night in sunrise. good show overall but same ol AXLE

took the sound techs quite a while to get the sound right, you could bearly make out sabistain's band had a hard time hearing sabistian and the music was very muddy, popa roach the sound was a little better but you could bearly make out the words. now the fun part Guns and roses did not start till 11:30 good news they played for 2 hours. the wait was so long it was starting to get ugly. never saw so much security at a concert befor. people were starting to boo waiting for them to come out, they didnt come out till a nice chant of AXLE SUCKS through out the arena. within 5 mintutes of the AXLE SUCKS chant they finaly came out. sound sucked first cople of songs you could bearly hear axle but the finaly fixed the sound. sat in the same aera for a cople other concerts and could hear fine. it wasent very cool for axle to come out so late on a work night would not have cared as much if it was a friday or saturday. lot of old songs and about 5 new songs

Wait a minute... you went to a GNR show then managed to find a GNR forum just to post your review and don't even know how to spell AXL?

:rolleyes:

I suggest the three of you visit this place... it's good for the soul:

http://www.pagetutor.com/idiot/idiot.html

Edited by Matt13

I was just wondering how the floor was. I have floor seats for the show in Toronto and I want to know how early people showed up and where they got. I dont really care about the opening acts and I would rather have a few more drinks before entering, but I would also rather have good seats.

So my main question is, how early will I have to show up to get good floor seats for the show?