Have we heard all of the big guns? Starting to think we have...

Kaneda

If we heard the best from CD, then i wont be dissapointed at all because i think it's really good. It's better then VR in my opinion. With or without slash i don't think it would matter much, slash, although a great guitarist, is more of a staple image of GNR more then anything else, musically i think it sounds just fine without him. Although, if slash were still in the band it'd be great for most fans, but that's not the case these days. I think theres gonna be at least two more songs we havent heard that are right up there with better.

Agreed on VR. As excited as I was to hear the album, it was missing something. As much as I respect Slash, the song writing just wasnt that strong on the album. So far, what I have heard from CD, it sounds more like GNR than VR does.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me state that I am super pysched that Chinese D is right around the corner. I also fucking love the song Better, it just kicks so much ass. I do have to admit that I thought the first single would remain a mystery until it was released, and it's hard to deny that Better is most likely going to launch this new band.

It's strange, while part of me can't wait for the album and the single to come out, I think another part of me feels like I've heard so much of CHinese D already that I want 13 new songs that blow away the songs we've already heard. Now I know most people haven't heard the leaks, so maybe it's just the die-hard fans that will be the most disappointed.

Do you guys think we've heard the best of what Axl has for us? While the new material is great, here's the issue I think most die hard fans will have: how can any song be worth the 15 year wait and the loss of the Slash?

While I think people will be curious and buy the new material, there is NEVER going to be the support for this new band the way people supported the original. But back on topic: Have we heard the best there is on Chinese ? It would seem so...

-Kaneda

I don't think we have heard the big guns yet, and "Better" would be a great single. My 14 year old son and his friends love it.

Rainman rock3

Fair point. I take it you are extremelly excited and curious.

I think perhaps that Better is the Single they opted for because it has a "new edge" to it - a modern sound. I think they don't wanna gamble much with this comeback-single, and Better fits todays rock in a great way. It sounds new, not 1990.

That being said, I think some Big Guns are held back until the realease. But these are, as far as I'm concerned, more epic songs like November Rain, Estranged, Civil War, Breakdown and T.W.A.T.

You don't release Estranged as a first single, no matter how brilliant it is. That would be a huge gamble on GNR's part.

We've heard rumours of songs like This I Love, Eulogy of a broken heart, The General, Checkmate etc.

To me, if Checkmate is real, it promises to be a kick-ass tune. Also, Prostitute, the song I think was SUPPOSED to be the single a couple of years ago (when Silkworms and Rhiad was also in contention, ERGO; before Axl got real and realized he's a rock n roller through and through) should be a kick in the mouth.

Well..Oh yes, I forgot: To clear up a COMMON MISUNDERSTANDING among some of you who haven't read enough GNR "news" for the last year or so:

Catcher in the Rye is NOT going to be on Chinese Democracy.

Take care!

Please tell me where you heard "Catcher In the Rye" is not to be on CD. What is your source??? You are the first that I have read this from. Every list I've read up until now has the following songs as definite to be on CD:

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

7) Sorry (as confirmed by Sebastian Bach)

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

I would appreciate your source.

Thank you :o

When Axl toured the illusion albums, he played all the big guns live before the album hit stores...that's what I am baseing this on...

Did they play estranged before the albums dropped????

And no. have we heard this I love. No.

So we haven't heard em all yet ;)

Take a chill pill and be abit posetive for crying out loud. Now the album will come out shortly. They are hitting the road again, and you are still sitting here like a bitter old maid.

Grab the life by it's balls kaneda ;)

Fair point. I take it you are extremelly excited and curious.

I think perhaps that Better is the Single they opted for because it has a "new edge" to it - a modern sound. I think they don't wanna gamble much with this comeback-single, and Better fits todays rock in a great way. It sounds new, not 1990.

That being said, I think some Big Guns are held back until the realease. But these are, as far as I'm concerned, more epic songs like November Rain, Estranged, Civil War, Breakdown and T.W.A.T.

You don't release Estranged as a first single, no matter how brilliant it is. That would be a huge gamble on GNR's part.

We've heard rumours of songs like This I Love, Eulogy of a broken heart, The General, Checkmate etc.

To me, if Checkmate is real, it promises to be a kick-ass tune. Also, Prostitute, the song I think was SUPPOSED to be the single a couple of years ago (when Silkworms and Rhiad was also in contention, ERGO; before Axl got real and realized he's a rock n roller through and through) should be a kick in the mouth.

Well..Oh yes, I forgot: To clear up a COMMON MISUNDERSTANDING among some of you who haven't read enough GNR "news" for the last year or so:

Catcher in the Rye is NOT going to be on Chinese Democracy.

Take care!

Please tell me where you heard "Catcher In the Rye" is not to be on CD. What is your source??? You are the first that I have read this from. Every list I've read up until now has the following songs as definite to be on CD:

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

Fortus confirmed CITR would be on CD.

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

i havent heard any confirmation but i have a feeling both twat and citr won't be on the album. there must be a reason they arent playing those two live. axl said they were still deciding on the tracklist before hammerstein and after that they never played twat again.

I'm not at all dissapointed that 'Better' will be the single because it's a great song. I personally can't wait to hear the likes of 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' on a finished album. Plus all the material that Axl has to throw around, didn't Richard say the plan was 3 records over 3 years beginning this year? If you consider that then we have so much to look forward to.

I totally agree! And that's what I would wish they did. Release Cinese Democracy (with most of the new songs that we've heard, Better, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, There was a Time, IRS ++) and then release two single albums (like UYI) in the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008 (depending on how satisfied people are with CD)

Anyone else think that this would be great?

I'm disappointed with every one liking TWAT. :huh:

It's the same bunch who love estranged....

Other than that, I like "Better". "I.R.S" isn't a strong song but I enjoy it.

Catcher In The Rye is yuck. :scared:

I hope for better songs.

I hope to god we have not heard the best yet. I like Better a lot and most of the new songs but if these are the best I think we're in for trouble.

I can't believe your post is not about the fact that they have dived into a tour with no single, no announcement of a release date and no advertising. You justifiably complained about this before and here it is the day of the tour kick off. It's ludicrous. Mind boggling. WTF are they doing? The ticket sales for these early shows have to be obscenely low.

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

i havent heard any confirmation but i have a feeling both twat and citr won't be on the album. there must be a reason they arent playing those two live. axl said they were still deciding on the tracklist before hammerstein and after that they never played twat again.

none of them u says is confiremd is confiremd...Less then Sorry unless Bach is a lier

I'm disappointed with every one liking TWAT. :huh:

It's the same bunch who love estranged....

Other than that, I like "Better". "I.R.S" isn't a strong song but I enjoy it.

Catcher In The Rye is yuck. :scared:

I hope for better songs.

But Estranged is magnificent and CITR is grandiose. There's a reason people love them. They are good songs.

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

Go to the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy#Track_listing

Those stated above are statd as "confirmed for CD"

Unless this site is not accurate, all signs point to it as being so.....THIS IS THE LIST. :book:

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

none of them u says is confiremd is confiremd...Less then Sorry unless Bach is a lier

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

Go to the following link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Democracy#Track_listing

Unless this site is not accurate, all signs point to it as being so.....THIS IS THE LIST. :book:

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

Unless this site is not accurate, all signs point to it as being so.....THIS IS THE LIST. rock3

Love guns, but I agree with the person that posted the thread originally and I think at heart most of you do as well.

'Better' is not a great song. It's ok. If you heard a local band play it, you wouldn't be impressed. The line you'll here from reviewers over and over will be "this is 12 years and 13 million dollars of material?"

Even the DJ that played the original leak thought it sucked.

CITR is the best of what I've heard so far.

GU

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Madagascar

3) Better

4) TWAT

5) IRS

6) Blues

7) CATCHER IN THE RYE

8) not confirmed

8) not confirmed

9) not confirmed

10) not confirmed

11) not confirmed

12) not confirmed

13) not confirmed

Unless this site is not accurate, all signs point to it as being so.....THIS IS THE LIST. rock3

When Axl was in Leeds?? He said on stage that they were playing songs they were NOT considering putting on the album. He went on to describe three Albums and ect..... Its there... go find it.

Are these songs a distraction from the Chinese Democracy songs..... If this is the fruit of 13 years of blood sweat and tears then were in for a beating cuz there isalmost nothin to the new stuff to get your panties soaked over.

Edited by rockerman

I'm not at all dissapointed that 'Better' will be the single because it's a great song. I personally can't wait to hear the likes of 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues' on a finished album. Plus all the material that Axl has to throw around, didn't Richard say the plan was 3 records over 3 years beginning this year? If you consider that then we have so much to look forward to.

Definately looking forward to hearing studio versions of Madagascar and The Blues... two of my favorites of the new material