Ticketmaster rip off - price changes!!!

matt06

Hi,

has anyone out there experienced the same unbelievable thing than me? I was so happy to buy tickets for the Tampa show. I will travel about 5 hours to get there. I bought tickets for $75,- a piece at ticketmaster.com. So far so good. Yesterday I just wanted to look if the concert is sold out or so. And then I realized that ticketmaster is now offering tickets for the same section I have tickets for, for $38,- a piece!!

It seems they have dramatically changed the ticket prices within the last few days and everybody who has bought ticktes several days in advance is now ripped off like me :monkey: .

Who is responsible for shit like that? :fuckyou: GnR management or ticketmaster?

I already posted this in the concert section, but I think this might be interesting not only for the Tampa show visitors.

cu

The Rolling Stones have been doing the same thing on their latest tour - and it is a real scam. You make sure that the die-hards pay full price by getting their tickets early, and then if ticket sales fall below expectations, you sell the rest of the seats at a deep discount to ensure a full house. This is one example of how it pays NOT to be a big fan.

I'm really sorry to hear about this buillshit - you might want to take this up with the Better Business Bureau, seriously.

Also - this does not bode well for the tour, if they are already giving tickets away.

Edited by radioflyer

This is something that happens all the time. Same thing happened for the Stockholm show this year where they sold out all the tickets and then when it was about 5-6 days left to the show they suddenly had more tickets at a lower price than the ones I bought. They also suddenly had first row tickets at a lower price than my seat-ticks which made med furious. I guess they rather sell out the whole place than think about the customers. But thats capitalism for you.

It's almost like tickets were selling so well that they decided to lower the price as a thank you to the fans.

Ehhh... cause fans buy their tickets last? They screw the real fans by doing this, and the only reason is to make as much money as possible.

Edited by Lukinx

Hi,

has anyone out there experienced the same unbelievable thing than me? I was so happy to buy tickets for the Tampa show. I will travel about 5 hours to get there. I bought tickets for $75,- a piece at ticketmaster.com. So far so good. Yesterday I just wanted to look if the concert is sold out or so. And then I realized that ticketmaster is now offering tickets for the same section I have tickets for, for $38,- a piece!!

It seems they have dramatically changed the ticket prices within the last few days and everybody who has bought ticktes several days in advance is now ripped off like me :monkey: .

Who is responsible for shit like that? :fuckyou: GnR management or ticketmaster?

I already posted this in the concert section, but I think this might be interesting not only for the Tampa show visitors.

cu

Stop bitching, would you rather have them sell tix at a lower price the last week of the show to get the place fuller or just have them cancel the show all together?

Hi,

cu

Stop bitching, would you rather have them sell tix at a lower price the last week of the show to get the place fuller or just have them cancel the show all together?

I'd rather have them be fair to everyone.