Checkmate

Guest Apollo

I love the brief 20 second clip. Doesn't appear to be "epic" or a "big gun" or mainstream or doom or pop or industrial or anything like that. It seems to be a good old fashion rock song. I love an epic style song as much as anybody, but it's also nice to have some pure rock and roll.

So - I apologize if this has been answered before, but has this been confirmed as a leak from the CURRENT lineup of GnR? Something we might see on Chinese or on of the supposed other two albums being worked on?

I ask, as it has a feel to it like it could be an older song. In my mind, this is the type of song I imagined coming from GnR at the end of the old band's days. When Slash and Axl were last working together.

Do we know for sure that this leak is a NEW song????? Thanks for updating me.

The drums suggested old GNR.

but then again, we know Brain wrote a song called The General- so who knows, maybe its that one as it was so heavily drum based.

I thought the drums sounded like Sourum too...

but yeah, the clip is pure awesomeness - I hope it's new GNR so we can get to hear the whole thing...

I do believe this was confirmed fake

No, this was never confirmed as a fake

A8R

Merck said it was fake (and I agree - it sounds less like Axl than Jackamo's "Sorry" clip does), but we do have the full supposed the lyrics. They were posted at CD.com by somebody who claimed he was going to deliver the full song "by Sunday", but alas nothing happened.

Some people.:no: But I don't believe it's GN'R.

I do believe this was confirmed fake

No, this was never confirmed as a fake

A8R

Merck said it was fake (and I agree - it sounds less like Axl than Jackamo's "Sorry" clip does), but we do have the full supposed the lyrics. They were posted at CD.com by somebody who claimed he was going to deliver the full song "by Sunday", but alas nothing happened.

Some people.:no: But I don't believe it's GN'R.

Jackamo has a clip that he claims to be "sorry"?LOL. link? pm? i wanna laugh.

A8R

It hasn't confirmed to be GN'R. The song title "Checkmate" hasn't even been comfirmed.

BUT

I most def think it's guns and it sounds amazing. Hope it's on CD.

The sound is very clear, it seems to be a studio recorded track. Although it souds like Axl I am not persuated about it.

The 16-second clip of the song titled "Checkmate" was posted online in May 2006, but was never confirmed as being authentic.

Anyway, I also find it great and hope that the new CD will have songs like this.