"Axl was putting the finishing touches on the new album"

SWINGTRADER

Isn't the fact that he was putting the finishes touches to the album a good sign?

I mean now that he has joined the band for the tour, the album is probably all complete, finishing touches could mean anything from tracklisting, artwork, mixing.

My guess is the album is done now and will come out during the tour end November or beginning of December.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the fact that he was putting the finishes touches to the album a good sign?

I mean now that he has joined the band for the tour, the album is probably all complete, finishing touches could mean anything from tracklisting, artwork, mixing.

My guess is the album is done now and will come out during the tour end November or beginning of December.

No it's not a good sign! Want 12 reasons?

95'

96'

97'

98'

99'

00'

01'

02'

03'

04'

05'

06'

Mixing and artwork aren't axl's job either...the tracklisting has been done for a long time

A8R

Finishing touches? Wow, what a procrastinating bastard.

Agreed.

That is very very worrying. :(

dont sweat it. when axl tells the promoter "hey, i'm puttin the finishing touches on my record" thats code for "i can't stop touching my girlfriend. i'll be 'round in a few days after a shower..."

No it's not a good sign! Want 12 reasons?

95'

96'

97'

98'

99'

00'

01'

02'

03'

04'

05'

06'

Mixing and artwork aren't axl's job either...the tracklisting has been done for a long time

A8R

I don't mean Axl's been doing the mixing and artwork, but he is involved in the whole process of over seeing it all and having the final say to make sure everything is ok.

The final touches were never being made in 95, 96, 97,98.... They've been working on this a long time and they are finally ready to release it, you only have to look at what's happened this year so far to realise that.

Agreed.

oh no no no... this is not good, I was soooo sure it would be out this year, I even told my friends that if it wouldn't come this year I would stop loving Guns N' Roses and that is impossible! it has to be out this year or some of my respect of Axl would go in the sink, altough it wouldn't change very much, he'd still be like god to me

Agreed.

oh no no no... this is not good, I was soooo sure it would be out this year, I even told my friends that if it wouldn't come this year I would stop loving Guns N' Roses and that is impossible! it has to be out this year or some of my respect of Axl would go in the sink, altough it wouldn't change very much, he'd still be like god to me

That journalist knows shit all - he was probably doing SOMETHING to do with the album, but not finishing songs - he's played the album to people, it's finished. He was probably sorting out the artwork or something to do with the promotion. It was almost surely to do with the album but I highly doubt it was finishing off songs that will be on CD.

LP

Guest Edward Rose

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=82423

The head Gunner just got hung up in the recording studio.

'He was putting the finishing touches on the new album,' Stoll said. 'But now Axl's in town (in Miami), and he has been rehearsing for two days.'

The Ron Thal thing that I talked about is still just a hunch. But I somehow knew he cleared 28 days (+4 more) of his schedule for the studio.

Edited by Edward Rose

Guest Edward Rose
What did you say would happen/was going on? :unsure:

Monty

When Axl cancelled those gigs at the end of September, I had a feeling he wanted to go back in the studio. So I said I had a "Hunch," (just a hunch) that BF was replacing BH's tracks.

But really they could have done ANYTHING. Axl could have been doing some vocals.... though not likely after wailing on his voice for so many weeks. Or who knows, he could be adding audio samples from obscure movies... like he did with uyi.

?

Newmanl.jpg

I don't believe Bumblefoot will be on the album, but I think Axl just went over the mastering or whatever making sure each song was to his liking. I hope the rest of the band spent the break well though, learning new or old tunes that aren't played anymore, and hopefully they'll be added to the tour as it progresses. ;)

Monty

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=82423

The head Gunner just got hung up in the recording studio.

'He was putting the finishing touches on the new album,' Stoll said. 'But now Axl's in town (in Miami), and he has been rehearsing for two days.'

The Ron Thal thing that I talked about is still just a hunch. But I somehow knew he cleared 28 days (+4 more) of his schedule for the studio.

Thanks for starting a whole new thread about this. Was the other thread not to your liking to post in?

There is no way they would spend 10+ years working on an album only to hit the studio for afew days to replace all Bucketheads input. Bumble Foot could appear on one or two tracks though.

if you think bout it bumble has been playing 6 or so new tracks all summer in the european tour and he would know them well so it wouldnt take long for him to get his parts down

Guest Edward Rose
Thanks for starting a whole new thread about this. Was the other thread not to your liking to post in?

I kind'a thought the topic of this thread was my guess that they were in the studio during the down time.

But what are you worried about? My threads always die fast. This one will too.

i doubt that any recording was done. time was probably spent on mixing, mastering, artwork, legalities such as royalty distribution, copyrights, etc. just a hunch. ;D

Exactly. Artwork, liner notes, and packaging are all part of the album too. The guy never said anything about recording or being in the studio. He just said "finishing touches."

Ron himself has stated several times he will not be on the album. Even if a last minute change of plans occured and they decided to add his parts this is not good news-it is a virtual guarantee that CD won't be out this year.

I think this means only mixing and mastering

didn't tommy say this months ago?

Tommy said words to that effect, but I'm not sure how long its been-it seems longer than months.

Guest Edward Rose
Ron himself has stated several times he will not be on the album. Even if a last minute change of plans occured and they decided to add his parts this is not good news-it is a virtual guarantee that CD won't be out this year.

I don't know if you know about guitar players like BF. 28 days (or 32) is PLENTY of time to re-rocrd evey track on an album... even a 15 or 18 track album. He is magic. He's the bethoven of guitar players. BH might be fast, but he's not a BF.

http://www.myspace.com/.../....BumbleFoot

But it's STILL just a hunch. I don't want anyone to think I'm alluding to knowing something.