"Axl was putting the finishing touches on the new album"

SWINGTRADER

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Edward Rose
Exactly. Artwork, liner notes, and packaging are all part of the album too. The guy never said anything about recording or being in the studio. He just said "finishing touches."

Actually, he said...

The head Gunner just got hung up in the recording studio.

'He was putting the finishing touches on the new album,' Stoll said.

...is what he said.

Finishing touches? Wow, what a procrastinating bastard.

Agreed.

That is very very worrying. :(

I can't believe this guy Axl Rose. Love the music. Was raised on the music, but he is definitely the king of procrastination. "Oh No...please don't dirupt the gentle bruteing genious that is Axl Rose...." I mean come the F@*CK on! He needs to put out the album now or go away....forever. He has been quoted as saying that he doesn't want to throw a brick with respect to the quality of the album. I don't know about you but I'm getting a little annoyed at all this stuff being blown my way from the GnR camp. The guy has had over 10 years people and is suppose to have upwards of 32 songs....3 albums within the next 3 years starting with CD!!! Yea like that will happen on time.!!! Give me a freakin break. I've seen them twice, once in 2002 at MSG just before the Phili upset. and before that UYI tour MSG where I nearly popped my eardrums cause the soundboard tech guy juiced the volume over capacity for the 2.5 our show!!!

I'm 33 yo now, a full fledged adult and would never ever risk life and limb to see them. Why would I they show up late and if they don't play your in the middle of a riot. No thanks!! Not for me!! It occurs to me that Axl doesn't really care about his fans only his legacy. Perhaps we should all do the same not give a crap so much about this jerky guy and more about our own legacy.

Thank you for allowing me this rant....

nuff said.

PS:YOU BETTER NOT SCREW THIS UP AXL, YOUR FANS DESERVE PERFECTION FROM YOU MR. PERFECTIONIST!!!

So...... if this is right.... we can kiss a 06 release good bye :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Damn this must be a sick joke uh... :laugh::rofl-lol:

It doesn' t mean that at all.

The beauty of the modern recording process is that it's not linear anymore (in the old days first you do tracking then you do mixing then you do mastering)

The mix and the master are saved as automated presets and can be revisited and tweaked right up until the last day. Adding a guitar track doesn't change the working mix or master for the rest of the album. That one track just needs to get added and mixed in to the existing mix presets. The mastering house would then run a master based on the last working master presets they had. The whole process could take less than a few days from the time the new guitar bed tracks are finished.

Edited by angry anderson

Guest Edward Rose
It doesn' t mean that at all.

The beauty of the modern recording process is that it's not linear anymore (in the old days first you do tracking then you do mixing then you do mastering)

The mix and the master are saved as automated presets and can be revisited and tweaked right up until the last day. Adding a guitar track doesn't change the working mix or master for the rest of the album. That one track just needs to get added and mixed in to the existing mix presets. The mastering house would then run a master based on the last working master presets they had. The whole process could take less than a few days from the time the new guitar bed tracks are finished.

Very well put. I meant that too, about the idea... my hunch, of BF replacing BH's tracks.

There is no way they would spend 10+ years working on an album only to hit the studio for afew days to replace all Bucketheads input. Bumble Foot could appear on one or two tracks though.

if you think bout it bumble has been playing 6 or so new tracks all summer in the european tour and he would know them well so it wouldnt take long for him to get his parts down

*Shudders* at the thought of Bumblefoot being anywhere near Chinese Democracy and songs like "IRS" and "TWAT" and other unheard gems.

There is no way they would spend 10+ years working on an album only to hit the studio for afew days to replace all Bucketheads input. Bumble Foot could appear on one or two tracks though.

if you think bout it bumble has been playing 6 or so new tracks all summer in the european tour and he would know them well so it wouldnt take long for him to get his parts down

*Shudders* at the thought of Bumblefoot being anywhere near Chinese Democracy and songs like "IRS" and "TWAT" and other unheard gems.

I feel the same. It is amusing to see how many people here have no understanding of how good BH is.

Exactly. Artwork, liner notes, and packaging are all part of the album too. The guy never said anything about recording or being in the studio. He just said "finishing touches."

Actually, he said...

The head Gunner just got hung up in the recording studio.

'He was putting the finishing touches on the new album,' Stoll said.

...is what he said.

No, the author of the article said tht Axl was in the studio. Stoll (the one who claims to know what's going on) never said anything about the studio.

''As far as I can tell,'' says GnR's manager Doug Goldstein, ''we are now 99% musically done and 80% vocals done. I see the record being done Feb or March for a summer release.''

This was back in 2000. We should be looooonnnnngggg past finishing touches.

Hopefully it's just a minor thing.

Ron himself has stated several times he will not be on the album. Even if a last minute change of plans occured and they decided to add his parts this is not good news-it is a virtual guarantee that CD won't be out this year.

I don't know if you know about guitar players like BF. 28 days (or 32) is PLENTY of time to re-rocrd evey track on an album... even a 15 or 18 track album. He is magic. He's the bethoven of guitar players. BH might be fast, but he's not a BF.

http://www.myspace.com/.../....BumbleFoot

But it's STILL just a hunch. I don't want anyone to think I'm alluding to knowing something.

I know he is an exceptional guitarist(I play myself), but I wasn't really saying he couldn't do the tracks in that amount of time-it's a matter of whether he can compose parts that fit the arrangements to Axl's satisfaction Remember how many good players have been involved and how long it has taken-I don't think it was because they all couldn't play. I was trying to make the point that if recording isn't done by now the whole promo machine is out the window. I guess there is the chance of a sneak release, but I can't see it no matter what Merck says about having no release date. It would be a very stupid move not to build as much hype as possible.

I don't see why the story isn't credible. It's from a legit source, not a notorious unreliable website or the ever popular "random girl." The promoter wouldn't just pull that answer out of his ass-someone from the GN'R camp had to have given that as the reason for the shows being cancelled/rescheduled. If it were due to some other reason they would have said so, and I'm certain management was extremely hesistent to admit that Axl was still working in the studio so they wouldn't have a reason to lie about that.

I don't see why the story isn't credible. It's from a legit source, not a notorious unreliable website or the ever popular "random girl." The promoter wouldn't just pull that answer out of his ass-someone from the GN'R camp had to have given that as the reason for the shows being cancelled/rescheduled. If it were due to some other reason they would have said so, and I'm certain management was extremely hesistent to admit that Axl was still working in the studio so they wouldn't have a reason to lie about that.

Why is this news credible, while anything from Merck's mouth isn't to you people? I mean, did anyone really believe that 2005 was the year for it? This year is it, and we can see it happening. So much overreaction in this thread, it is almost mindboggling. There are still several Tuesdays left. Just because it didn't come out this Tuesday and it most likely won't come out next, doesn't mean it isn't coming out at all this year.

We're all fools.

Take whatever you can get from Guns N' Roses while you can. I hope I'm wrong, but sooner or later it's all going to come to a screeching halt. I just want a show and new album before it happens.

Quite cynical for a newbie aren't we? I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that the end could come at anytime as well.

Welcome to the forum.

Quite cynical for a newbie aren't we? I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that the end could come at anytime as well.

Welcome to the forum.

New to here, yes, but new to the world of waiting, false excitement and disappointment of being a Guns N’ Roses fan… not so new. ;)

Deep down I hope I’m wrong and they prove me wrong. But after the 7th or 8th year of waiting for something to happen, I decided to stop being optimistic and rake what I could get. If anything.

Why is this news credible, while anything from Merck's mouth isn't to you people? I mean, did anyone really believe that 2005 was the year for it? This year is it, and we can see it happening. So much overreaction in this thread, it is almost mindboggling. There are still several Tuesdays left. Just because it didn't come out this Tuesday and it most likely won't come out next, doesn't mean it isn't coming out at all this year.

I don't believe Merck simply because of the" 2005 is the year on Guns N' Roses" statement and also because he says ridiculous things like there might not be a release date. Does anyone believe that one?

I feel the same. It is amusing to see how many people here have no understanding of how good BH is.

Most people don't slag bucketheads playing they slag Buckethead the image. No one says he doesn'tknow a few chords on the fretboard... they just regard him as a Joke of a human being.