"Better"...Emo? :|

GNR'R

emo has gotten out of controll

nowadays you can't write a meaningful song or have a fringe or even be sad without being called emo

Seems so.

It was probably just a guy jealous of the quality of the song. Some failed pseudo-musician, I'd say.

I totally agree. Damn, nearly every band has written at least one about being heartbroken or depressed. If a songwriter is true to themselves and has certain emotions they need to convey I don't see why it has to be labeled as fucking emo.

emo seems like a post punk movement that really started in the late 80s but really just started gaining mainstream popularty. Im sure you've seen those dudes that have jet black hair covering one eyes and they always seem sad plus they wear girls pants, thats the emo style. alot of them slit their wrists and its probably one of the WORST treands out there.

Emo is just a new name for a genre that became a new trend. It's simply all rock with lyrics of emotion and heartbreake or bitterness. I think it's dumb. We don't need another genre to categorize music, we have too many of them allready.

Emo is just a new name for a genre that became a new trend. It's simply all rock with lyrics of emotion and heartbreake or bitterness. I think it's dumb. We don't need another genre to categorize music, we have too many of them allready.

nope.

emo is fucking stupid looking idiots wearing hirl pants and pretending to be bisexual writing simple shitty guitar riffs and self pitying lyrics which are either sung horribly or screamed really obnoxiously.

not an axl rose scratchy scream.

just annoying assholes screaming.

that is emo.

emo is fucking stupid looking idiots wearing hirl pants and pretending to be bisexual writing simple shitty guitar riffs and self pitying lyrics which are either sung horribly or screamed really obnoxiously.

just annoying assholes screaming.

that is emo.

Allright. I kinda agree with you. However, a lot of music that is great (and not EMO) Is being categorized as emo. That's what I do not like. Bright Eyes (Conor Oberst) for example (which is one of the greatest singer/songwriter in todays music) is catagorized emo in some reviews and articles. By your description of what emo is he might fit a few criterias, but there's so much more to the music. This is all in my opinion though. If you think it's emo I will not agree so don't bother even trying to argue :P