99 percent of the people last night heard New GN'R songs

mimnaugh

in this case.. I think IT IS NOT enough, for a Chinese Democracy TOUR... Not that i need to hear NEW songs but at LEAST they should play MORE of those "new" songs and LESS old songs. like

Madagascar, TWAT... i dont think it has being played last night... if i recall we had the blues, better and ChinDem. amirite? amirite?

The people going to the shows don't want to hear new songs that they don't know. Maiden are playing their whole new album at shows, and guess what? Every night Bruce tells the audience "We'll be playing the new album in full tonight", the crowd comes in with a huge boo.

People don't want to hear music they don't know at a concert. Axl simply can't play many more new songs when the crowd doesn't know them.

If Aerosmith went on tour over here next week, and played a set with 10 new songs - guess what? I'd be pissed off. Axl doesn't tour for the benefit of a messageboard, or people who listen to bootlegs.

Edited by highvoltage

I don't think he would play the best songs live, but maybe the simplest/most "catchy" (for the want of a better word) songs, or the songs most like the classic songs.

the reason for this is obvious - he hasn't released the album, so he's not gonna play a real complex song to people who have never heard it to completely kill the mood.

So they might not be the best songs, but the songs that are easiest for the audience to accept on first listen.

My thought anyway...

LP

First of all, if "Better" and "I.R.S" are the best new songs, then Chinese Democracy is fucked.

Second, if you think it was new to 99% of the people there, then you are kidding yourself. Considering the embarassingly bad lack of promotion for this tour, how would most non internet using folks know about the shows? I'd say a good majority of the fans there visit GNR websites and have heard the leaks, whether through a friend or just by downloading it themselves.

I never really liked I.R.S. But when I heard it live, it did kick some ass.

I dont think I am being too delusional. Maybe 99 percent is high, it wasnt a scientific study. But its nowhere near a majority of those people going to the shows that check in on a website. There is plenty of word on radio and the paper about the GnR show. People hear about it without checking in on the internet every week. You can tell by the crowd reaction that those of us that have heard the leaks are far off in the minority.

I don't think they're his favorite, or the best off the album. He wouldn't give up the really good stuff as leaks, I mean seriously. Do you know how slammed he would get (especially by the magazines) if they got the album and the leaks were the best songs?

Its strikes me very odd that so few people seem to have heard the new songs.

If I am paying top dollar to see Guns N' Roses at this point in their timeline, I do so pretty much knowing what's up. I know its a new band and I know there is a new album on the way.

But furthermore, this isn't 1991 anymore. With the internet being what it is, bootlegs, demos and such are meach easier to come by for a far greater number of folks. No more having to go to the second hand shop's blacklight room in the back to get a hold of this stuff. Its right on the net.

I understand that not everyone is going to follow the band as hardcore as most of us. But if you are shelling out this kind of coin, aren't you at least curious before your show??