Is anyone going to provide updates for tonights show?

metalgod

A couple of cool reviews:

From "The Legend" at HTGTH:

Just got back from the show.

Most amazing night of my life.

Awesome, stunning, breathtaking, 1992-revisted...

Interest was very positive in the new band, not alot of Axl bashers around. Very up mood, and very electric. Once GN'R finally came on, more people showed up, and the venue looked sold out. Remember the upper deck seats were never sold, it was closed off by security. And security was TIGHT. People in the pit were getting tossed before Bach even finished his set. Just the typical moshing that got out of control. One cat that got thrown had to be restrained by a couple of guys, and he was still trying to fight security. Many cell phone cameras in my area were being taken. Yeah that's right, the cell phone's are no longer invincible to the security. Even in the seats they 3-4 ushers going up and down the isles making people put them up. You get caught again, it's gone. Plus it was hard to get away with seat theft. Alot of the stragglers were being thrown out of sections they didn't have tickets for, and it was really impossible to even get away with it it was so tight. At least where I was at.

Entering the venue was a joke. Just a sea of people, thousands, all pushing together to get in... real old skool.

GNR's gotta be making a small fortune off this new merch. Not only is it as expensive as it is, but alot of shit was getting sold out, and if it was still around only one size was still available.

Funny thing is, the marketing. The venue was FREEZING! Not only was it kinda chilly outside, but then the venue was even colder. I watched nearly two rows of people around me, literally get up and go buy hoodies just to get warm. Brilliant marketing. I went and bought a jacket, lol!

Band was stunning. Same kinda set, except the big surprise for the night was USED TO LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!

I freaked out when they started playing it.

Anyways it rocked, yo momma, and blame Canada!

P.S.

GNR didn't come on 'til midnight! But it just made the crowd more anxious.

And newgnr over there posted this too, which was a really cool thing to read - this is a review of Tuesday's show:

Okay a review from a "normal" fan on a non-gnr forum: (from Tuesday)

Tuesday, October 24th 2006. Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL.

*First show of Northamerican Tour.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I.R.S., Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

Sebastian Bach opened the show, then Papa Roach. Papa Roach finished their set at 10pm. After about 1 hour waiting for Gn'R to come out, people started to lose their patience, and some of us who knew about Axl's background were starting to get worried about a possible no-show on Axl's part. But fortunately, at about 11.20 the lights went out and the first notes to Welcome to the Jungle started to fill the place. During the first few songs I was in complete awe, and I almost cried of happiness, haha. I had this really stupid smile on my face pretty much throughout the whole show.

The crowd's energy was unbelievable. Everyone sang along to every freaking song. Specially at the beginning, the people were so loud that they almost overpowered the music. Great crowd participation during Knocking on Heaven's Door, with the special back-to-back sing along between Axl and the crowd.

Axl's voice? It's still as good as it ever was, or perhaps even BETTER! He still has it. The voice, the energy, the moves, and the presence.

The musicians? very good indeed. They nailed every song. The one who stood out for me was Richard Fortus. GREAT guitarrist, his solos were fantastic.

The lights were awesome as well, as were the fireworks and fireballs throghout the show, and the huge rain of little red papers at the end of Paradise City.

Sebastian Bach joined Axl on stage for My Michelle. He rocked. The show ended at about 1.30 am. They played for a little more than 2 hours.

Axl doesn't seem to be the "asshole" he used to be. It seems he matured, or maybe it was, like he said, all those nights of partying before the show that had him mellowed out, and that he didn't know if he was gonna survive Miami!

What else can I say? It was an excellent show. IT FUCKIN' ROCKED! and I'm extremely glad I had the chance to witness it.

P.S.: Chinese Democracy seems like a very promising album, this new Gn'R is on to something. That's an album I'll get for sure when it comes out.

And Spoon - the setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live And Let Die

Robin Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

You Could Be Mine

Piano Jam

Dizzy Piano Solo

The Blues

Band Introductions

Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful) [yes, it did return tonight]

Out Ta Get Me

Better

Piano Moving Jam

November Rain

I.R.S.

Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)

My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach)

Used To Love Her

Patience

Nightrain

ENCORE:

Chinese Democracy

Paradise City

Edited by highvoltage

A couple of cool reviews:

From "The Legend" at HTGTH:

Just got back from the show.

Most amazing night of my life.

Awesome, stunning, breathtaking, 1992-revisted...

Interest was very positive in the new band, not alot of Axl bashers around. Very up mood, and very electric. Once GN'R finally came on, more people showed up, and the venue looked sold out. Remember the upper deck seats were never sold, it was closed off by security. And security was TIGHT. People in the pit were getting tossed before Bach even finished his set. Just the typical moshing that got out of control. One cat that got thrown had to be restrained by a couple of guys, and he was still trying to fight security. Many cell phone cameras in my area were being taken. Yeah that's right, the cell phone's are no longer invincible to the security. Even in the seats they 3-4 ushers going up and down the isles making people put them up. You get caught again, it's gone. Plus it was hard to get away with seat theft. Alot of the stragglers were being thrown out of sections they didn't have tickets for, and it was really impossible to even get away with it it was so tight. At least where I was at.

Entering the venue was a joke. Just a sea of people, thousands, all pushing together to get in... real old skool.

GNR's gotta be making a small fortune off this new merch. Not only is it as expensive as it is, but alot of shit was getting sold out, and if it was still around only one size was still available.

Funny thing is, the marketing. The venue was FREEZING! Not only was it kinda chilly outside, but then the venue was even colder. I watched nearly two rows of people around me, literally get up and go buy hoodies just to get warm. Brilliant marketing. I went and bought a jacket, lol!

Band was stunning. Same kinda set, except the big surprise for the night was USED TO LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!

I freaked out when they started playing it.

Anyways it rocked, yo momma, and blame Canada!

P.S.

GNR didn't come on 'til midnight! But it just made the crowd more anxious.

And newgnr over there posted this too, which was a really cool thing to read - this is a review of Tuesday's show:

Okay a review from a "normal" fan on a non-gnr forum: (from Tuesday)

Tuesday, October 24th 2006. Bank Atlantic Center, Sunrise, FL.

*First show of Northamerican Tour.

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Piano Moving Jam, November Rain, I.R.S., Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Paradise City

Sebastian Bach opened the show, then Papa Roach. Papa Roach finished their set at 10pm. After about 1 hour waiting for Gn'R to come out, people started to lose their patience, and some of us who knew about Axl's background were starting to get worried about a possible no-show on Axl's part. But fortunately, at about 11.20 the lights went out and the first notes to Welcome to the Jungle started to fill the place. During the first few songs I was in complete awe, and I almost cried of happiness, haha. I had this really stupid smile on my face pretty much throughout the whole show.

The crowd's energy was unbelievable. Everyone sang along to every freaking song. Specially at the beginning, the people were so loud that they almost overpowered the music. Great crowd participation during Knocking on Heaven's Door, with the special back-to-back sing along between Axl and the crowd.

Axl's voice? It's still as good as it ever was, or perhaps even BETTER! He still has it. The voice, the energy, the moves, and the presence.

The musicians? very good indeed. They nailed every song. The one who stood out for me was Richard Fortus. GREAT guitarrist, his solos were fantastic.

The lights were awesome as well, as were the fireworks and fireballs throghout the show, and the huge rain of little red papers at the end of Paradise City.

Sebastian Bach joined Axl on stage for My Michelle. He rocked. The show ended at about 1.30 am. They played for a little more than 2 hours.

Axl doesn't seem to be the "asshole" he used to be. It seems he matured, or maybe it was, like he said, all those nights of partying before the show that had him mellowed out, and that he didn't know if he was gonna survive Miami!

What else can I say? It was an excellent show. IT FUCKIN' ROCKED! and I'm extremely glad I had the chance to witness it.

P.S.: Chinese Democracy seems like a very promising album, this new Gn'R is on to something. That's an album I'll get for sure when it comes out.

And Spoon - the setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live And Let Die

Robin Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

You Could Be Mine

Piano Jam

Dizzy Piano Solo

The Blues

Band Introductions

Richard & Robin Guitar Solo (Beautiful) [yes, it did return tonight]

Out Ta Get Me

Better

Piano Moving Jam

November Rain

I.R.S.

Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry)

My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach)

Used To Love Her

Patience

Nightrain

ENCORE:

Chinese Democracy

Paradise City

Did they do the new intor to CD? I kinda like the old one better

Thanks mate! :)

Nice reviews you found there! I was a little bit worried when I heard that the arena was only 40% filled, but these reviews were encouraging ;)

The second review was for the 24th, not this show - but like I said - the 40% thing was during Papa Roach's set.

As it should be!