How do we get a

nematrix

Can someone post realistic ways we can get it before everoyn else does? with artwork too.

Generally speaking radio stations, music reviewers and record stores would get advance copies A lot of artists have stopped doing this to prevent leaks, so I think the answer to your question is that you can't get an advance copy.

usually if u pre order something u can get it early but with CD it might be hard.

Now when I went into Sunrise Records and asked about the record I was told Dec 5th so i then gave them my name and number and now im just crossing my fingers.

so you can try going to a record shop and asking about it and if they give u a date then put your name and number down and just wait it out because you could get the album the day before it actually hits shelves there is a chance u can get it when it is delivered.

Can someone post realistic ways we can get it before everoyn else does? with artwork too.

Generally speaking radio stations, music reviewers and record stores would get advance copies A lot of artists have stopped doing this to prevent leaks, so I think the answer to your question is that you can't get an advance copy.

So we have to wait like everyone else and buy it at best buy??!?

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY, ARE YOU JOSHIN ME?

So we have to wait like everyone else and buy it at best buy??!?

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY, ARE YOU JOSHIN ME?

What makes you so special that you get an advance copy? It's just not going to happen-you will have to wait for it like everyone else.

well it all depends on what now you are asking for. are you asking for an advance copy of Chinese Democracy CD or just the songs? because as soon as you can figure out the track listing of the cd, you then most likly can download it off the net. trust me, there will be people here who will have it some maybe even share it. i got the new cradle of filth cd 3 weeks before it hit shelves. thing that sucked about it was i didnt know what the mother fucker was saying!

well it all depends on what now you are asking for. are you asking for an advance copy of Chinese Democracy CD or just the songs? because as soon as you can figure out the track listing of the cd, you then most likly can download it off the net. trust me, there will be people here who will have it some maybe even share it. i got the new cradle of filth cd 3 weeks before it hit shelves. thing that sucked about it was i didnt know what the mother fucker was saying!

Not the songs, the entire thing with CD cover, what if i give 100$ to the guy on the counter? week before it comes out? they'll have it in the back right?

Edited by nematrix

i got the new cradle of filth cd 3 weeks before it hit shelves.

Think about what you're saying. You're comparing Cradle of Filth (who are they?) and their advanced album to what GNR might do?

:laugh:

Sure there is.

First, find a time machine. Maybe you can borrow Marty McFly's. He owes Axl because Axl sampled his voice for Madagascar.

Set the time back 14 years. Join gnronline.com. There should be a little checkbox that says, click here to receive GnRs next album in advance.

Find Doc. He'll be able to refuel your time machine. And come back to last tuesday of this year. Chinese Democracy should definitely be in your mailbox by that time!

Or, you can just wait like the rest of us.

Just playing with ya!

why are you so worried about getting an advance copy? and why do people discuss whether its going to leak or not? the reality is that the day a reviewer, a store, or anyone else gets a copy of CD its going to be leaked onto the internet, just like every other album. no amount of copy protection or security is going to stop that from happening. odds are it'll leak a month before release and if they're really anal about it (which they are) it'll leak 10 to 3 days before release.

... what if i give 100$ to the guy on the counter? week before it comes out? they'll have it in the back right?

Assuming you mean a legal copy (which I guess I shouldn't assume)...

That sucker will be going from the truck to the display rack (if they're lucky, that is, and it doesn't end up going directly to the back bin marked 'GNR' because nobody cares anymore). 9 AM Tuesday. (Unless they pull another off-day or midnight marketing trick -- but they won't, because people might not show up).

However, it will be out a day earlier overseas, won't it? And the radio stations will probably get a copy a wee bit earlier, but not multiples unless they've got a contest or something going on. (Hell, maybe it will get piped in via satellite).

But label reps and radio music directors are your best bets. (Maybe). Or somebody who works at the pressing plant or the warehouse (although I imagine their every move is monitored -- but I'm sure boxes have been known to fall off the truck).

And it'll take more than $100.

Bootleg? Yeah, the post above is right. It'll probably be on the Net within minutes of being mastered (if not before). The artwork, too.

Edited by snooze72

Sure there is.

First, find a time machine. Maybe you can borrow Marty McFly's. He owes Axl because Axl sampled his voice for Madagascar.

Set the time back 14 years. Join gnronline.com. There should be a little checkbox that says, click here to receive GnRs next album in advance.

Find Doc. He'll be able to refuel your time machine. And come back to last tuesday of this year. Chinese Democracy should definitely be in your mailbox by that time!

Or, you can just wait like the rest of us.

Just playing with ya!

:rofl-lol: haha god I love that movie though...