rock star childhoods?

Revolver

now this is just the place where you guys n' girls can say about your childhood and stuff, was it like some kind of story that you would say if you were rockstars or something like that? was it bad, good? what happened to you that might make you a better songwriter if you'll become rock stars or how did you begin to listen to rock, did you live in a typical "rock star enviroment"? a small room in a small apartment and had to pay for most things for yourselves or were you spoiled kids in a huge mansion...

you get the picture now, so how was your childhood?

Well.. I was brought up on a shit hole council estate in a rough part of manchester.. I've smoked 20 a day since I was was 12.. I've lived with my dad since I was 13 after my mother threw me out coz she couldn't handle me.. Been arrested twice for possesion of cannabis..

I've spent most of my last 4/5 years at my uncle's flat smoking pot and drinking.. Listening to great music.. They taught me between them how to play guitar and bass..

Its probably more a working class upbringing than a rock n roll upbringing thinking about it... :drevil:

xDSGx

Well.. I was brought up on a shit hole council estate in a rough part of manchester.. I've smoked 20 a day since I was was 12.. I've lived with my dad since I was 13 after my mother threw me out coz she couldn't handle me.. Been arrested twice for possesion of cannabis..

I've spent most of my last 4/5 years at my uncle's flat smoking pot and drinking.. Listening to great music.. They taught me between them how to play guitar and bass..

Its probably more a working class upbringing than a rock n roll upbringing thinking about it... :drevil:

xDSGx

That sounds...sorta...hard to believe? :chef:

xDSGx

Thats what i was thinking.

xDSGx

Thats what i was thinking.

Why? :drevil: My upbringing was kinda tame compared to a lot of peoples around here..

I was born in Detroit where I lived most of my young life, I know its a shit hole of a city, but I love it down there. I just like the urban environment, everything is so close together, a few minutes of a walk away, and its so big. I also like the bustle, how there is always something going on. Fuck, I just love everything thing about the city, the lights at night are quite the scenery too.

But a few years ago my dad moved through the ranks at his work, to the point where we had to move closer to the middle of Michigan because he has offices all over the state and it would be a more convienent location. So we moved to a small but rich town with the best school district in the state, right outside of the capitol city of Lansing. I hate it here. Its boring, it smells like cow shit, and the school has really high expectations that just never seem to meat, no matter what. Sure, Ive met some cool people and made some good friends, those who got me into music and such, but I miss life in Detroit.

Its quite ironic, most of the people living in Detroit would kill to be as fortunate as my family and live in a town like mine, while I have this fortunate life and would much rather live in the city... where it all began. I guess at the end of the day its not about money or education at all, whatever, Im still trying to figure a bunch of shit out.

I might have strayed off topic, I dont know

So we moved to a small but rich town with the best school district in the state, right outside of the capitol city of Lansing. I hate it here. Its boring, it smells like cow shit, and the school has really high expectations that just never seem to meat, no matter what.

I wonder why :laugh:

:rofl-lol:

I was born in MN, but my family was all from MI. My dads job at ford brought him back here when I was 3, and I lived in sterling heights, close to detroit. I grew up listening to my dads floyd and led zepplin albums, which got me into rock..

We were never off too great financial, but we weren't poor. We're very middle class; working class. My dads had a factory job his whole life, and my moms nurse, but has switched jobs a lot. Watching my dad go to work in a factory every day didn't make me a rock child.. it made me want to get educated.

So we moved to a small but rich town with the best school district in the state, right outside of the capitol city of Lansing. I hate it here. Its boring, it smells like cow shit, and the school has really high expectations that just never seem to meat, no matter what.

I wonder why :laugh:

:rofl-lol:

:lol::(

I was born in Detroit where I lived most of my young life, I know its a shit hole of a city, but I love it down there. I just like the urban environment, everything is so close together, a few minutes of a walk away, and its so big. I also like the bustle, how there is always something going on. Fuck, I just love everything thing about the city, the lights at night are quite the scenery too.

But a few years ago my dad moved through the ranks at his work, to the point where we had to move closer to the middle of Michigan because he has offices all over the state and it would be a more convienent location. So we moved to a small but rich town with the best school district in the state, right outside of the capitol city of Lansing. I hate it here. Its boring, it smells like cow shit, and the school has really high expectations that just never seem to meat, no matter what. Sure, Ive met some cool people and made some good friends, those who got me into music and such, but I miss life in Detroit.

Its quite ironic, most of the people living in Detroit would kill to be as fortunate as my family and live in a town like mine, while I have this fortunate life and would much rather live in the city... where it all began. I guess at the end of the day its not about money or education at all, whatever, Im still trying to figure a bunch of shit out.

no no you didn't... this is a really great read from most of you guys

I live in a little town on a farm type place but it's not really a farm because we just have a few horses, and I go to school that has about 175 people in it. I suppose my famiy is middle class, My mom is the manager of a gas station and my dad is a landscaper. I guess im lucky to be where I am because im not really surounded by things like drugs, alcohol and violance. So I guess I don't have a Rock Star Childhood at all :confused:

no no you didn't... this is a really great read from most of you guys

Yeah, interesting read there sweetness.

Lets see, I grew up in the country away from alot of my classmates, over time I pretty much became a loner. I was raised in a "normal" home with a dad who was always flying off the handle. First day of school I met this kid, we are still good friends to this day. His parents were dealers. Afterschool we would always do all kinds of shit together. We stole some cigarettes in the 4th grade and been smoking since then. We had our first beer together when we went cooler hoping with a highschool kid back when we were in the 6th grade. Our school was very small with only like 150 total. Everyone was wrangler wearing hicks except us. When I was in 7th grade I pansted a senior in front of everyone in homeroom cause he pissed me off. Through JR High I was cussing out teachers and telling them how things were going to be. I received detention at least once a week. Suspended twice. Smoked pot for the first time at 13, started selling when I was 14. I was selling cigarettes, weed, and pills to kids in high school. Started skipping class. In 8th grade I made out with a fine ass HS Junior cheerleader. Vandalised private property in 10th grade. As a Freshman I was in good with the Seniors and was at all the parties. One party as a Freshman, no one really knew why I was there, then they put on some GnR I jumped up and sang every fucking song through appetite after that almost every chicks made Sure I knew they were available to me. Funny my Freshman year was my last "wild" year. By that time most of my friends were upper classmen and when they started to graduate I got a job and didnt have as much time to hang out. Now I am a responsible college guy who drinks and smokes every now and then, I look back and think "man I did some really stupid, dumb shit" weird huh?

Oh ya, my mom was a school teacher too so I had to keep everything on the down low. To give you an idea My parents would have been pissed off if they knew I had skipped class much less anything else. I was leading like 2 different lives when I was in school, it was carzy the shit I would to keep them from finding out.

I guess it might be classified as a "rock star" childhood in a couple of ways - lack of finances, lack of proper parenting etc. But pfft, it wasn't like I was some badarse rocker smoking and drinking all the time already as a 10-year old or anything. :laugh:

Yeah, again NG - same for me. Except for the last 5 years or so I'd really like to stress the "lack of proper parenting" part.

both parents r dead. cant remember em really. lived with aunts n uncles. nothin extraordinary really...got expelled in the 9th grade n didnt go to school after that? the rest is jus like normal kids, done a fair bit of drugs. im not some big tough guy or nothin, just...i dunno, kinda boring life really compared to most on here :lol: