Tampa Tribune Review

kyrie

That being said when and if GNR get to Denver my clinic is gonna be closed and my employees are getting a mini paid vacation.

"BUT THEIR WORKING CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS...BAH!!"

sorry,couldn't resist! :P

seriously though,if you are really doing that...you qualify as cool boss of the year!

Right fucking on review.

My thoughts on the subject are this. If the ticket says 8 pm be there at 8pm. Why did the riots happen..or at least fuel the fire? People felt like they were getting ripped off. It doesn't excuse assinine childish behavior and Axl can't take 100% of the responsibility but he needs to shoulder some of it.

This isn't a club band anymore andhasn't been since 1987. Since Axl has made it clear that he's left the sunset strip theres no need to revel in the moniker of "worlds most dangerous band." Do the fucking show.. do it well..plug your album.. generate awesomeness...entertain.

As an employer I despise my workers showing up to work with less than 100% of thier ability..especially when they ignore thier responsibility to thier job. It costs them and it costs me. So dragging your ass into work after partying all night.. you damn well better be able to do your job and do it well. If staying up till 3 am to see Axl get it on is what you do Fine...I'm all for that but this is the real world and money isn't easy to make especially when your job requires you to be in the public- and just know that 9:00 finds you ready able and willing to do your job. Thats the reality of how the real world works.

That being said when and if GNR get to Denver my clinic is gonna be closed and my employees are getting a mini paid vacation.

See - that's cool, and well said. Post of the day!

"BUT THEIR WORKING CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS...BAH!!"

sorry,couldn't resist! :P

seriously though,if you are really doing that...you qualify as cool boss of the year!

And I make them work thier birthdays too :P

Actually I'll be buying tickets for every one in the office except the older lady who only listens to country music. I bought her tickets to Keith Urban this summer who was playing Cheyanne Frontier Days. It was the first show she had been too since seeing Alabama in 1985!

if they want him to be on stage on time they should open the gates at 3. its not that big of a deal for a band not to go on stage till 11 or 12. trivium have done it, iron maiden ( one of the most dedicated to their fan base bands) have also had an hour and a half wait after the opening act.

What scares me is that the reviewer doesnt know CD is out soon. Very soon. If he doesnt know and hes not telling others how does anyone know? Do we know? Does Axl? Is this really earth? What is that? That's a cow. Really? When were they invented? It is 2041.

if they want him to be on stage on time they should open the gates at 3. its not that big of a deal for a band not to go on stage till 11 or 12. trivium have done it, iron maiden ( one of the most dedicated to their fan base bands) have also had an hour and a half wait after the opening act.

Well, I've always thought that a simple solution might be for somebody to change all the clocks and watches that are in Axl's vicinity so that they read about three hours later than the actual time. This way, Axl will think he's arriving two hours late -- when in fact, he'll be an hour early. And then fans will see him hit the stage on time. :D

Tampa October 25 2006

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. So Easy

3. Mr. Brownstone

4. Live & Let Die

5. Robin Finck guitar solo

6. Sweet Child O’ Mine

7. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Piano Jam

10. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

11. The Blues

12. Better

13. Band Introduction

14. Richard Fortus guitar solo/dual solo w/ Robin (“Beautiful”)

15. Out Ta Get Me

16. Piano Moving Jam

17. November Rain

18. Bumblefoot guitar solo (“Don’t Cry”)

19. My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach)

20. Used To Love Her

21. I.R.S.

22. (Intro: Waiting On A Friend)Patience

23. Nightrain

24. Chinese Democracy (encore)

25. Paradise City (encore)

ok. i added "waiting on a friend" which bumblefoot played a few bars of before patience started

+ I was at the show, in tampa. Everyone went on late, guns hit the stage at midnight , Axl not giving a shit that his fans are old and have to get to work. Not everyone has good quality coke to sniff to keep us awake. The whole 3rd tier was empty. the floor kept losing people as the night went on. It was 1/3 full by paradise city. Ticket prices were slashed ( pun intended) 2 days before the show. I have seen gnr around 10 times, starting in 87. Im a huge fan. I love axl. It's tough for me to watch them now, it just dosent seem to gel.. yes some sounded great, but the stage presence of the hired guns just isnt there. Robin finck is extremely annoying to watch, wearing red tights and a skirt and hippying all over the stage. its not the grateful dead.. its gn fuckin r bud. Tommy=cool. Fortus? fartus. Dizzy ? Who cares. Bumblefoot? respect ( opening bands: Sebastian was not good. he was screaming way too much and it sukked. i enjoyed "i remember you" but the rest blew. papa roach sounded great very tight.) timewise it was a disaster...midnight???? The new songs are not great, definitely not catchy like the hits. I don't hear a single. Believe me people, I want to love it. I ve heard it online, listened to it 50 times. I want it to be amazing. It just is not. I am holding Axl Rose and his solo career to the incredible worldwide sensation that WAS GunsN'Roses. This is not guns n roses. its Axl solo. which is good, yes. For what it is!! This is not GUNS... and i was very sad not to see all of em on stage .. i mean bumblefoots dont cry solo is really just an homage to Slash, which makes a real fan of the true band sad. There was an inate sadness to the show for me. He is still banking on appetite for destruction, the greatest hard rock album ever ( acdc back n black too) for his live shows does that tell you something? IRS? sucks. Blues? blows. TWAT? ew. madagascar? is the best one, which he didnt play. Chinese democracy? people, the song is noise. yes, i will buy the album, go see them live every time... hope for slash to hit the stage, i mean this is like aerosmith without joe perry. Van halen without dave it's a GUNS N'ROSES COVER BAND get slash back get duff back get izzy back