BLACK SABBATH REUNITE WITH R. J. DIO!!!!!!!!!

axlslash

The Black Sabbath boys are back, as the new band Heaven and Hell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler, drummer Bill Ward and singer Ronnie James Dio — former members of British metal supergroup Black Sabbath — are forming the band named after their 1980 hit, according to their publicist. They plan to launch an international tour next year.

"The fans have been wanting to see this for years and years. Now was just the time," publicist Maureen O'Connor said Wednesday.

Original Sabbath vocalist Ozzy Osbourne said in a statement that he wished Iommi and Dio well, and he made it clear there was still only one Black Sabbath.

"Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with Black Sabbath. There is only one Black Sabbath," Osbourne said in the statement released by publicist Lathum Nelson.

"Ozzy, Tony, Geezer and Bill will be touring late next year along with a new Black Sabbath album," Nelson said. "However, Ozzy wishes Tony and Ronnie much success in their project together."

Since its formation in 1969, Black Sabbath has undergone numerous member changes and reunions.

Dio, who replaced Osbourne as part of the band's early '80s lineup, has been recording new songs with Iommi in England, O'Connor said.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061026/ap_en_...e_black_sabbath

Black Sabbath REUNITE?

What the FUCK are you guys talking about?

I saw Black Sabbath last summer.. with Ozzy.. That's what I call Black Sabbath.

"The fans have been wanting to see this for years and years. Now was just the time,"

-No The fans have not been wanting to see this for years. The fans have been waiting for

years to see Ozzy back with Sabbath. A couple of years ago it happened.

""Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with Black Sabbath. There is only one Black Sabbath," Osbourne said in the statement released by publicist Lathum Nelson."

Black Sabbath REUNITE?

What the FUCK are you guys talking about?

I saw Black Sabbath last summer.. with Ozzy.. That's what I call Black Sabbath.

"The fans have been wanting to see this for years and years. Now was just the time,"

-No The fans have not been wanting to see this for years. The fans have been waiting for

years to see Ozzy back with Sabbath. A couple of years ago it happened.

""Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with Black Sabbath. There is only one Black Sabbath," Osbourne said in the statement released by publicist Lathum Nelson."

Whatever you wanna call it, it's still a hell of a band. Mob Rules and Heaven And Hell are better albums than a lot of the "real Black Sabbath" ever did.

Technical Ecstasy has Dirty Woman and Never Say Die isnt THAT bad. But I see your point.

I just think its wrong to call this a Black Sabbath reunion when the band has united a couple of

years ago.

Have you seen Sabbath with Ozzy live? I saw them last summer and it was the best 2 hours of my life.

Technical Ecstasy has Dirty Woman and Never Say Die isnt THAT bad. But I see your point.

I just think its wrong to call this a Black Sabbath reunion when the band has united a couple of

years ago.

Have you seen Sabbath with Ozzy live? I saw them last summer and it was the best 2 hours of my life.

I've seen Ozzy live before, but not with Sabbath. He was off key and struggling to breathe it sounded like. That's when he toured with Newsted in his band. He "tried" sing most of the Sabbath stuff, but mostly he was a mess...

years ago.

Agreed. I remember I went to Ozzfest purely an Iron Maiden fan. I didn't know any Sabbath songs except Iron Man and Paranoid. But the band was just so energetic and I left the gig a Sabbath fan. Ozzy claims there will be a new album and tour late next year. THAT will be a Sabbath reunion.

And if Dio/Iommi/Butler/Ward were really Black Sabbath, they wouldn't have to call themselves Heaven And Hell. :rolleyes:

At the Newsted tour Ozzy wasnt at his top level. He have become MUCH better the last couple of years.

Seeing Ozzy on stage was like being back in the 70's. Ozzy was GREAT! He jumped around, his voice was

great even though he had problems with the hardest part but what can we excpect from an old man? ;)

It was pretty shocking to see him in that good shape. If you have seen him on TV it looks like he can

barely walk without help, and when he entered stage he was like we all know him.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

What did you want him to write, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward reunite with Ronnie James Dio? You are making such a pointless argument.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

What did you want him to write, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward reunite with Ronnie James Dio? You are making such a pointless argument.

It's an absolutely valid agrument. It the band believes they are Black Sabbath, and they will be playing "Black Sabbath" songs (notice the use of quotations), then they have no reason to not call themselves Black Sabbath.

I don't care what you guys consider Black Sabbath, but the fact is that Black Sabbath's Dio era was just as good as the Oz era. Dio is a phoenominal singer whether you like it or not. He's a great frontman, a great writer, and he does embody the Sabbath attitude. The guy is a metal god, and there's a reason.

You can stay home and cry about it not really being Black Sabbath, but I for one will be buying my Heaven & Hell tickets the day they go on sale, and I will go sing my heart out on any song from any incarnation of Black Sabbath which they so chose to perform. rock3

I can imagine how this conversation went.....

Dio:UGH......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I'VE NEVER WROTE A GOOD SONG IN MY LIFE........UGH.......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I MADE THE METAL SIGN.....RODNEY JAMES DIO!RODNEY JAMES DIO!

Ozzy:woooow that was the shittiest 5 minute concert ever.......

Dio:RODNEY JAMES DIO!UGH!

Toni:wooow, that was great!

Ozzy:whatever....

Dio:RODNEY JAMES DIO!*makes metal sign*

Toni:we should form a new band with that guy

Geezer:we already did

Toni:shut up, i'm the guitarist

Geezer:ok....*walks away sad*

Toni:we'll make a new band based on an album that didn't match ozzy's solo when they were released

Ozzy:whatever(lights a joint),does this mean I get Rudy Sarzo back then?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

It's an absolutely valid agrument. It the band believes they are Black Sabbath, and they will be playing "Black Sabbath" songs (notice the use of quotations), then they have no reason to not call themselves Black Sabbath.

I don't think you're really seeing this the same way I am. If they are using a different name, what is their to be outraged about?

Dio:UGH......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I'VE NEVER WROTE A GOOD SONG IN MY LIFE.

right...

I think Ritchie Blackmore might disagree...

Plus, Holy Diver.

Plus Man on the Silver Mountain

Plus Rainbow in the Dark

Plus tons of others

Dio:UGH......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I'VE NEVER WROTE A GOOD SONG IN MY LIFE........UGH.......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I MADE THE METAL SIGN.....RODNEY JAMES DIO!RODNEY JAMES DIO!

Ozzy:woooow that was the shittiest 5 minute concert ever.......

Toni:wooow, that was great!

Ozzy:whatever....

Dio:RODNEY JAMES DIO!*makes metal sign*

Toni:we should form a new band with that guy

Geezer:we already did

Toni:shut up, i'm the guitarist

Geezer:ok....*walks away sad*

Toni:we'll make a new band based on an album that didn't match ozzy's solo when they were released

Ozzy:whatever(lights a joint),does this mean I get Rudy Sarzo back then?

:rofl-lol:

Dio:UGH......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I'VE NEVER WROTE A GOOD SONG IN MY LIFE.

right...

I think Ritchie Blackmore might disagree...

Plus, Holy Diver.

Exactly. Dio has written an abundance of amazing material and has performed it throughout his lifetime. Whatever Dio touches turns to fucking gold, whether it's Rainbow, Sabbath, his solo stuff, etc. The man is a legend.

This is awesome news.

Dio is a good singer, no doubt about that. Holy Diver is a great song etc. but I can't really stand when bands change frontfigures like that. Ozzy is one of the most characteristic people in the heavymetal world. His voice, how he act on stage. Black Sabbath and Ozzy is actually one of the inventors of heavy metal.

I just don't think you can change a frontfigure like that. At least I don't see Sabbbath with Dio as real Sabbath.