BLACK SABBATH REUNITE WITH R. J. DIO!!!!!!!!!

axlslash

Black Sabbath REUNITE?

What the FUCK are you guys talking about?

I saw Black Sabbath last summer.. with Ozzy.. That's what I call Black Sabbath.

"The fans have been wanting to see this for years and years. Now was just the time,"

-No The fans have not been wanting to see this for years. The fans have been waiting for

years to see Ozzy back with Sabbath. A couple of years ago it happened.

""Tony Iommi and Ronnie Dio are working on a project together which has nothing to do with Black Sabbath. There is only one Black Sabbath," Osbourne said in the statement released by publicist Lathum Nelson."

Ozzy is all dried up...always liked Dio better as a singer than Ozzy

Dio is a good singer, no doubt about that. Holy Diver is a great song etc. but I can't really stand when bands change frontfigures like that. Ozzy is one of the most characteristic people in the heavymetal world. His voice, how he act on stage. Black Sabbath and Ozzy is actually one of the inventors of heavy metal.

I'm not saying Dio Sabbath was more influential than Ozzy Sabbath, I'd just love to see RJD with Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, and Toni Iommi playing Sabbath tunes. He has a great voice, great presance, and can write solid music. They can call themselves Mayonaise and Glue for all I care, because as long as that band has a singer like Dio, I will pay top dollar to see them.

Dio is a good singer, no doubt about that. Holy Diver is a great song etc. but I can't really stand when bands change frontfigures like that. Ozzy is one of the most characteristic people in the heavymetal world. His voice, how he act on stage. Black Sabbath and Ozzy is actually one of the inventors of heavy metal.

I'm not saying Dio Sabbath was more influential than Ozzy Sabbath, I'd just love to see RJD with Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, and Toni Iommi playing Sabbath tunes. He has a great voice, great presance, and can write solid music. They can call themselves Mayonaise and Glue for all I care, because as long as that band has a singer like Dio, I will pay top dollar to see them.

i wonder if Vinnie Appice will be a back-up drummer for Bill on his "i don't feel so good" nights? i love Vinny!!

I can imagine how this conversation went.....

Dio:UGH......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I'VE NEVER WROTE A GOOD SONG IN MY LIFE........UGH.......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I MADE THE METAL SIGN.....RODNEY JAMES DIO!RODNEY JAMES DIO!

Ozzy:woooow that was the shittiest 5 minute concert ever.......

Dio:RODNEY JAMES DIO!UGH!

Toni:wooow, that was great!

Ozzy:whatever....

Dio:RODNEY JAMES DIO!*makes metal sign*

Toni:we should form a new band with that guy

Geezer:we already did

Toni:shut up, i'm the guitarist

Geezer:ok....*walks away sad*

Toni:we'll make a new band based on an album that didn't match ozzy's solo when they were released

Ozzy:whatever(lights a joint),does this mean I get Rudy Sarzo back then?

That sounds alot better than hearing "LET ME SEE YOUR FUCKIN HANDS IN THE AIR!!!" every 5 seconds.

I can imagine how this conversation went.....

Dio:UGH......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I'VE NEVER WROTE A GOOD SONG IN MY LIFE........UGH.......I'M RODNEY JAMES DIO......I MADE THE METAL SIGN.....RODNEY JAMES DIO!RODNEY JAMES DIO!

Ozzy:woooow that was the shittiest 5 minute concert ever.......

Toni:wooow, that was great!

Ozzy:whatever....

Dio:RODNEY JAMES DIO!*makes metal sign*

Toni:we should form a new band with that guy

Geezer:we already did

Toni:shut up, i'm the guitarist

Geezer:ok....*walks away sad*

Toni:we'll make a new band based on an album that didn't match ozzy's solo when they were released

Ozzy:whatever(lights a joint),does this mean I get Rudy Sarzo back then?

That sounds alot better than hearing "LET ME SEE YOUR FUCKIN HANDS IN THE AIR!!!" every 5 seconds.

and yet not quite as satisfying as some actual good music

and btw, for the record,

i hated the before mentioned songs

and I hate the sound of dio's voice

ronnie james dio is a fuckin rock god...as is ozzy...

its not fuckin black sabbath so stop wetting ur pants over it...if u careless fucks opened ur eyes n read the actual article it says they are going by the name heaven and hell...

and mob rules is one of my favourite sabbath songs...

i agree that sabbath without ozzy is like gunners without slash...

but when u replace an ozzy osbourne with a ronnie james dio u aint doin too bad...

No Ozzy no sabbath.

Finaly!

that's YOUR opinion. alot of people grew up with the Dio-era Sabbath, myself included. those two albums were released right when i was getting into rock as an "almost teen". i actually heard Dio-era stuff before i heard any Ozzy-era stuff. i went back and got all the Ozzy albums and i liked alot of it, but the Dio era stuff, although short-lived, was far better in MY opinion. i always thought that Ozzy's album "Speak Of The Devil", which was a "live" album of Sabbath classics, had better versions of the Sabbath songs than the original albums. "The Wizard" is one prime example. Sabbath's sloppy musicianship on those early albums always bugged me, despite having great songs and groundbreaking riffage. on the Dio-era albums Bill Ward didn't play drums, Vinnie Appice played them. Ward was real sick at the time and he hasn't been in good health for 20+ years.

Edited by artfromtex