Concert Logistics

gnfnr06

hey guys

i live in london and was able to catch gn'r 4 times in the span of 2 months while they were in europe.

as fate would have it, i'm in nyc for work next week and have a vip GA ticket for Sun's concert.

i grew up in wayne,nj - my hotel's going to be in NYC. I know for giants games, there used to be shuttles from meadowlands to port authority- does this kind of shuttle service exist for concerts too (especially unpredictable concerts like Axl's where he conceivably may wrap up at around 1.30am?).

also, i went to the last wembley show in ldn (yes when axl walked off b/c of his "low blood pressure, bas took over..and before we knew it, there were midgets everywhere!). Doors opened at 5.30pm, i managed to get to the venue at 1.30pm, was probably the 45th person there, and made it to the front row GA..which was awesome. am planning on doing the same again this year but any advice as to how early one woudl need to go in order to be "guaranteed" front row? i called TM and Continental Arena and the people really are clueless there. TM gave me a different doors opening time than what was posted on their website.

Am supposed to watch my friend run the marathon but if gn'r beckons, i'll be in line!

hey guys

i live in london and was able to catch gn'r 4 times in the span of 2 months while they were in europe.

as fate would have it, i'm in nyc for work next week and have a vip GA ticket for Sun's concert.

i grew up in wayne,nj - my hotel's going to be in NYC. I know for giants games, there used to be shuttles from meadowlands to port authority- does this kind of shuttle service exist for concerts too (especially unpredictable concerts like Axl's where he conceivably may wrap up at around 1.30am?).

also, i went to the last wembley show in ldn (yes when axl walked off b/c of his "low blood pressure, bas took over..and before we knew it, there were midgets everywhere!). Doors opened at 5.30pm, i managed to get to the venue at 1.30pm, was probably the 45th person there, and made it to the front row GA..which was awesome. am planning on doing the same again this year but any advice as to how early one woudl need to go in order to be "guaranteed" front row? i called TM and Continental Arena and the people really are clueless there. TM gave me a different doors opening time than what was posted on their website.

Am supposed to watch my friend run the marathon but if gn'r beckons, i'll be in line!

Public Transportation:

By Shuttle Bus:

The Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan @ 8th Avenue and 41st Streets offers bus service to the Meadowlands Sports Complex for $20

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...10161145AAwNMXm

New Jersey Transit Bus 351 direct from the Port Authority Bus Terminal (42nd Street & 8th Ave) to Continental Airlines Arena.

Be sure to buy a round trip ticket in the PABT before you start the trip.. the bus does not take cash.

Here is the PDF for bus 351-

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0351.pdf

There is a number on that PDF you can probably call and ask what the schedule is like on a concert night-