As David St. Hubbins once said...

speedking

"There's no way to promote something that doesn't exist..."

Funny, but also true in the current state of GNR.

I think it's really inexcusable that the "Chinese Democracy" tour is underway with no new album having been released or even a solid release date.

Perhaps they should have waited on the tour until "CD" was actually released?

I'm still going to see them in Minneapolis, but the more this drags on, the more it plays out like a scene from Spinal Tap.

RELEASE THE MOTHERFUCKING ALBUM ALREADY AXL & CO.

Cheers.

"There's no way to promote something that doesn't exist..."

Funny, but also true in the current state of GNR.

I think it's really inexcusable that the "Chinese Democracy" tour is underway with no new album having been released or even a solid release date.

Perhaps they should have waited on the tour until "CD" was actually released?

I'm still going to see them in Minneapolis, but the more this drags on, the more it plays out like a scene from Spinal Tap.

RELEASE THE MOTHERFUCKING ALBUM ALREADY AXL

Cheers.

There, fixed. "Axl & Company" isn't accurate since we all know it's AXL ROSE who's keeping it from being released. Always has been, always will be.

Agree that it is silly having a tour named after an album that is not going to be released until maybe the 2nd leg of the tour or late in the first leg. However, the shows still Rock ! I went to Hammerstein and I am going tomorrow in Estero.

Even if the album comes out, I still think the set list will stay almost the same. So just enjoy it for what it is. Shit we are lucky Axl is out there touring at all. :shocked:

Eurkea, I GOT IT.

May NYC Gigs were warm-up warm-up, warm-up, warm-up shows for CD tour.

Europe Gigs were warm-up, warm-up, warm-up shows for the CD tour.

SF/Vegas Gigs were warm-up, warm-up gigs for the CD tour

1st leg of this tour is the final warm-up gigs for the CD tour (which really starts with the 2nd leg)

Why didn't they just say so up front.

I truly believe that this album does not exist and that Axl is trying to pull the biggest prank in music history . Axl has paid these musicians to go on tour with them every few yrs to make money. I think once Axl performs the final show of the U.S tour he will disappear till 2009 and return with another Tour . The man right now is no different than those late night informercials that promise to make you rich but in reality it is all a scam . This tour is no different than those seminars in the infomercials.

I truly believe that this album does not exist and that Axl is trying to pull the biggest prank in music history . Axl has paid these musicians to go on tour with them every few yrs to make money. I think once Axl performs the final show of the U.S tour he will disappear till 2009 and return with another Tour . The man right now is no different than those late night informercials that promise to make you rich but in reality it is all a scam . This tour is no different than those seminars in the infomercials.

Wow. You must have smoked one hell of a big joint before drawing that conclusion...

Actualy, you must have smoked pne hell of a big Crack Rock after drawing that conclusion...

Actualy, you would have had to smoke like 3 crack rocks, stick some heroine in your arm, do a mile long line of coke, then beat the living shit out of yourself with the "dumbass stick" then read the book, "idiotic theories for dumbies" before drawing that conclusion.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

Wow. You must have smoked one hell of a big joint before drawing that conclusion...

Actualy, you must have smoked pne hell of a big Crack Rock after drawing that conclusion...

Actualy, you would have had to smoke like 3 crack rocks, stick some heroine in your arm, do a mile long line of coke, then beat the living shit out of yourself with the "dumbass stick" then read the book, "idiotic theories for dumbies" before drawing that conclusion.

A8R

nice to see that you agree with me

Well...I started this thread with a tongue-in-cheek premise.

Of course "Chinese Democracy" exists...we've all heard the various out-takes and demos from throughout the years.

The problem is that Axl is well aware of the "you are only as good as your latest release" philosophy.

Which means, the longer he can drag out the suspense and ride on wave of past glory, the better off he'll be.

The real test of both the artist's will and the fan's will be the days and weeks following "CD's" release.

But hey, no complaints here...besides, next summer the REAL Van Halen will be rocking a concert hall near you!

Axl has managed to put the release of the record on a knife edge just like his concerts. It's a juggernaut GNR innit. Everything sort of lumbers along. I can see that they sort of want to build the buzz before a release.

It is one of two things. I mean I wont be that surprised if it didnt come out this year. It only takes one thing to unbalance it.

God though it has to be this year.

John Lenno once said "Give me a tuba and I'll get something out of it. I'm an artist." Well Leo Dicaprio said "Well, I'd like to squeeze some fuckin' money out of it."

All these guys in the band are like retired with kids. GNR now has a day care plan. It's a nice family oriented GNR.

I think bottom line is that these guys are in it for the money. And that pays off for Axl cos they are professionals. Putting all sentiment aside makes it easier for Axl.

But you're right it leaves a big loop hole for him to fuck with everyone and not release an album. God might be fucking with us!!! Sleep tight!!!