The Pitman Sound Effects in CD

slääsh

It is a serious question, because i can't say that i really like the effects in oh my god, better and irs ! i mean pitman is cool :) but the synthesizer stuff sounds not cool to me. it is ok, but not good enough and i don't know if it fits in gnr. imo it sounds cheap and cheesy in a few ways.

and the most disturbing thing is that it is nearly impossible to perform better and irs perfectly on stage because of these effects !

Edited by slääsh

Pitman = Junk.

Get him out of the band... GNR is no fucking tecno band for fuck sake :anger: .

Serious... he is the onley member of the band i realy think has nothing to do whit GNR....

:) ah.. just had to get that out of my mind....

Answer on question... i DON`T like his sound on the songs :heart:

Cool :tongue2:

Better appears to have lots of (good) SFX going on. About half way though (when Axl does his robot dance/movements) there are some sounds that can only be described as rubber like sounds. Near the end of Better the SFX remind me of sounds that an insect might hear inside its head (these kinds of sounds remind me of the music by Massive Attack).

Edited by dobadog

Anyone know what bands Pittman has been in in the past? I would like to hear some old stuff with his sound effects.

Check out the album "Free Mars" by LUSK. It's a album/project that Chris did with original TOOL bassist Paul D'Amour. Just so you know, Pittman plays nearly every instrument on this album, this will give you a idea of how really talented this guy is!!

I think a lot of MotherGoose bashers will be surprised by his contribution to the new album.

exactly.

when they are writing their little "reviews" of Chinese Democracy, I bet they are gonna write about how awesome the effects are. Check out "Third Eye" by Tool to see what Pitman's studio sound sounds like. Or check out LUSK's album. He is very talented and plays a wide arrangement of instruments.

also if you enjoy the effects, check out the official unofficial website: elsewhere

Jackamo.

I think a lot of MotherGoose bashers will be surprised by his contribution to the new album.

exactly.

when they are writing their little "reviews" of Chinese Democracy, I bet they are gonna write about how awesome the effects are. Check out "Third Eye" by Tool to see what Pitman's studio sound sounds like. Or check out LUSK's album. He is very talented and plays a wide arrangement of instruments.

also if you enjoy the effects, check out the official unofficial website: elsewhere

Jackamo.

There's a download for SILKWORMS LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!! - sounds interesting, downloading it now.

I guess it is safe to say Gn'R are never going to use Silkworms.

Sounds like Axl on there :)

Edited by dobadog