Guns N' Tampa

Outtagetme

I attended this show the other night. From speaking with an Arena information lady outside the place, they sold 7,000 tickets prior to 5:00pm day of show. The Tampa paper's review the next day said that there were over 10,000 people at the concert. This means that 3,000 + interested fans without tickets showed up that night to see what Axl was up to.

So the place probably holds 16,000 people for a hockey game. It looked full enough even with the upper-tier empty. Everyone left happy and ready to tell the world that Axl is back. I didn't think I would be happy unless their tickets were hard to come by and each stop sells out in minutes, but after going the other night, I don't feel this way anymore.

Instead, I find it impressive that Axl, with a new band, no album, no promotion, no nothing, can show up in a small city like Tampa and put 10,000+ fans in the seats. The word will eventually get around that this is the best show out there. I'm looking forward to seeing the band again in Puerto Rico this weekend.

So the place probably holds 16,000 people for a hockey game. It looked full enough even with the upper-tier empty. Everyone left happy and ready to tell the world that Axl is back. I didn't think I would be happy unless their tickets were hard to come by and each stop sells out in minutes, but after going the other night, I don't feel this way anymore.

Nah, that arena holds over 20,000 for hockey games. There was a good sized crowd there, though, for GNR

Arena Facts: The St.Pete Times Forum encompasses 660,000 square feet with three decks and seven separate levels. The building is 133 feet, 10 inches in height, and 493 feet in diameter. It contains 3,400 tons of steel, 30,000 cubic yards of concrete and 70,000 square feet of glass. The innovative design of the St.Pete Times Forum provides for 19,758 seats for NHL games, 20,500 seats for Basketball games and up to 21,500 seats for concerts and center stage events

It's pretty common for a few thousand tickets to be moved on the day of a show that hasn't sold out.

The key here is:

2 shows, 20,000+ attending, and three good reviews in the papers now (they haven't got a bad one so far).

I could not agree more, I saw them in SF, have my tix for Oak, and will probobly walk up for Fresno. Word of mouth should start fueling the attendance, but a single.......

Arena Facts: The St.Pete Times Forum encompasses 660,000 square feet with three decks and seven separate levels. The building is 133 feet, 10 inches in height, and 493 feet in diameter. It contains 3,400 tons of steel, 30,000 cubic yards of concrete and 70,000 square feet of glass. The innovative design of the St.Pete Times Forum provides for 19,758 seats for NHL games, 20,500 seats for Basketball games and up to 21,500 seats for concerts and center stage events

i'm sorry, i don't get it. do all those facts mean gnr is more popular than ever?

no, it just means that the arena holds 21,500 for concerts, the one where GNR only sold 10,000 tickets to.