So... the fans were right I guess

Montrealer

I remember in 2002, exactly 4 years ago when me and my wife saw the new version of GNR for the first time.

It was a great show but my wife said this after the show : "The show was great but this do not look like a rock n' roll band at all." She was right. They were good but did not look good.

You had :

Axl looking more like a pimp than a rock star.

Robin with his head half shave that looked more like a Marylin Manson bandmate than a GN'R one.

Buckethead, a guy that is a great guitarist but let's be realist, how serious does a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head can be!

The rest of the band was looking great tho.

Looking at this, a few years later, I have to agree that this was looking more like a circus than Guns N' Roses.

The review at the time were horrible, simply horrible.

Now the band have changed, we have a rock n' roll band. I mean look at them, we have a bunch of rock stars up there!

Axl mood and look have been changed, probably by a professional.

He looks great, sound great and he's even in a great mood night after night after night.

Now look at the press reviews! It's all great reviews, no band bitching at all. People are loving the new GN'R now.

It's all a question of look, and how you threat people.

Axl just have to show up just a little earlier, he don't have to be on time, just not that late and I think that everything will be just perfect.. well with the released of Chinese Democracy of course!

I remember in 2002, exactly 4 years ago when me and my wife saw the new version of GNR for the first time.

It was a great show but my wife said this after the show : "The show was great but this do not look like a rock n' roll band at all." She was right. They were good but did not look good.

You had :

Robin with his head half shave that looked more like a Marylin Manson bandmate than a GN'R one.

Buckethead, a guy that is a great guitarist but let's be realist, how serious does a guy wearing a KFC bucket on his head can be!

Looking at this, a few years later, I have to agree that this was looking more like a circus than Guns N' Roses.

Now the band have changed, we have a rock n' roll band. I mean look at them, we have a bunch of rock stars up there!

He looks great, sound great and he's even in a great mood night after night after night.

Now look at the press reviews! It's all great reviews, no band bitching at all. People are loving the new GN'R now.

Axl just have to show up just a little earlier, he don't have to be on time, just not that late and I think that everything will be just perfect.. well with the released of Chinese Democracy of course!

that was a really good read, and I agree with 90% of what you said :)

I agree but the reviews back then weren't bad only due to the look of Axl and the others in the band.

Axl's voice was screwed too.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=82519&st=0

Yes, I agree. ;)

But what I don't agree with, is this part:

I think you can take him serious. I mean, what's the difference between wearing a KFC bucket and a top hat? It's just a piece of clothing.

I raelize that image is a big part of determining a bands popularity and the band does look more like the typical rock band now. I think the main reason the band is getting more recognition and respect now has more to do with the fact that Axl's voice sounds way better than it did in 2002 and the band is definitely tighter than they were at that time.

Yes, I agree. ;)

I think you can take him serious. I mean, what's the difference between wearing a KFC bucket and a top hat? It's just a piece of clothing.

Lol a top hat is meant to go on your head, a KFC bucket is something that you eat out of and then throw in the trash :blink:

CJ

Yes, I agree. ;)

Lol a top hat is meant to go on your head, a KFC bucket is something that you eat out of and then throw in the trash :blink:

CJ

Hahaha, that seriously made me laugh.

But com on, to the Buckethead fans it would be wrong to see him without the bukcet and the mask

Yes, I agree. ;)

CJ

ahahah you made my day

You had :

It's been a long journey but we are there and it is great!

rock4

what is this anal obssesion with "looking rock n roll". its the product that matters end of the day. u can't take buckethead seriously cuz of the bucket? so basically ur sayin u make judgement based on looks. i dont wanna overstate this cuz i love the band however they are, but i like the 02 look, i think they looked cool, really eclectic, a funky little mish-mash or different personas, makes u wonder what the musics gonna be like and the music is/was cool. they're startin to look kinda...similar, i really loved that old look before. and whats wrong with circuses, they entertain dont they? n thats what rockstars do too, entertain. having said that, the band kick ass like they are too but whats this "they look more of a band now" bullshit. there aint no look to being a band, its a bunch of musicians conglomerating to make music is all.

You had :

i couldnt put it better myself dude rock1

Yes, I agree. ;)

CJ

But com on, to the Buckethead fans it would be wrong to see him without the bukcet and the mask

no it wouldn't.. This guy could be as huge as Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, or, yes, even Slash, if it weren't for that outfit he wear. In fact, bucket can play so many different styles that he would be a huge supply for GnR, without his outfit.

Yes, I agree. ;)

CJ

no it wouldn't.. This guy could be as huge as Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, or, yes, even Slash, if it weren't for that outfit he wear. In fact, bucket can play so many different styles that he would be a huge supply for GnR, without his outfit.

i dont see how dress is relevant? i mean, thats jus outer shit y'know, superficial? it doesnt matter for shit. ur basically sayin his talent is overshadowed by what he wears. i dont agree with that at all.

well alot of the general public who saw the gunners in 02 would strongly disagree that it looked more like a circus act .....

Slash even took the piss out of BH when they played their haloween gig, and he dressed up as BH :P

CJ

scott dressed up as axl aswell

well alot of the general public who saw the gunners in 02 would strongly disagree that it looked more like a circus act .....

Slash even took the piss out of BH when they played their haloween gig, and he dressed up as BH :P

CJ

scott dressed up as axl aswell

Yup he did,

Heres a photo of GnR backstage on the '02 tour .. lol (VR Halloween Gig)

vehalloweeen.jpg

CJ

Edited by Cjc1706

Yes, I agree. ;)

your right and i assume he only wears it so that he doesnt get pounced on on the streets when he isnt performing and stuff if you get what i mean.

Edited by Vogstar90_G'N'R

Yes, I agree. ;)

A KFC bucket is not clothing. Come on, you can't be serious when you say that...

I think the band looks great today. And I must say in the industry business today image (which is clothing and style and attitude) is importan; It's got nothing to do with the music, but it does affect how the band appeal to the masses. You have to agree on that... It's facts! That's the way the society works.

You had :

I had a similar thought once. I re-posted this in a few other forums this month

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78841

A8R