Madagascar

Son Of A Gun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song Madagascar I really don't like. Well...I think it's a good song...but for a band like Gn'R???? That is a fucking joke. If this song gets released on CD I think it will be the biggest joke of all. This song doesn't belong in a hard rock band.

I think this topic is the joke of all MYGNRFORUM.com topics!

including those of Kaneda boy! :lol:

btw- This song is the closest to GNR sound, of all the new songs we have heard!

This song Madagascar I really don't like. Well...I think it's a good song...but for a band like Gn'R???? That is a fucking joke. If this song gets released on CD I think it will be the biggest joke of all. This song doesn't belong in a hard rock band.

yea because estranged and november rain really sound like hard rock songs :rolleyes:

Madagascar opens with what sounds like something that should be played in a church. It is also quite slow paced. The best part has to be the used of sampled voices towards the end of the track.

(as i have said in the past) I still play The Blues, my interest in Madagascar has deteriorated somewhat. While i fully expect Madagascar to feature on CD, it would not surprize me if they left it off the album. The band don't play the track live all the time, which leads me to believe that they have their doubts. Tracks such as The Blues, Better, TWAT, IRS are so much more impressive (bet you though i was going to use the word better there didn't you :laugh: ).

Edited by dobadog

You guys are missing the point totally. What he is saying is that Madagascar is not a song you would associate with Guns N' Roses image. Although they are poular, are Guns N' Roses remembered for songs like November Rain and Estranged? Or are they famous for being an ass kicking Hard Rock Band with songs like WTTJ or Paradise City? You guys obviously dont remember the tag 'most dangerous band in the world'. We all know that music has to evolve in order to stay current, but songs like CITR and The Blues cannot be classed anywhere near Hard Rock. It is natural for Rock bands to explore the softer edge of music, but they must remian predominantly Hard Rock surely?

Would you still be into GNR if the whole album was full of songs like CITR and The Blues?

It reminds me of putting Spaghetti Incident on for the first time, and listening to 'Since I dont have you' and thinking 'What the Fuck? Where is my band gone?'

Yeah but in a rock band like this...? Look at it this way...he went from Mr. Brownstone to Madagascar. If you like epics or ballads then songs the style of Breakdown, Estranged, and Catcher In The Rye are more of an answer.

Axl isn't young anymore. He's matured and therefore the music he makes has matured too. Imagine a middle aged man writing songs about doing drugs, getting drunk and screwing chicks? Just doesn't fit does it. As to the style of the song, it does have a heavy feel to it. Okay it's not AFD music but it could easily fit into the Illusion albums. The Blues and November Rain are less 'rock' style music and the latter is one of GNR's greatest hits.

I quite don't understand how you think that Catcher in the Rye fits into GNR's style more than Madagascar really... Madagascar has a really dark, depressing feel to it. It's not classic Guns N' Roses but I don't think you can say it's not GNR's style.

Sweet child o'mine

Patience

Don't cry

November rain

Estranged

So fine

The Blues

You need to be drunk or stupid if you think you have any kind of an argument here.

A8R

Yeah but in a rock band like this...? Look at it this way...he went from Mr. Brownstone to Madagascar. If you like epics or ballads then songs the style of Breakdown, Estranged, and Catcher In The Rye are more of an answer.

you know...there is a reason why I use the term "Mullethead" . :lol:

son....yer better of listening to old GNR records, because u'll be very disappointed when Ch-Democracy gets released! ....don't get your hopes high, hoping to hear a Miss. Brownstone this time round! lol

Get it out of yer head Mulletheads...... This record wont be a repeat of AFD!

Strange thread

If this were 1988 and you were following up Appetite, and they hit you with Madagascar, then , ok.

But, have you ever listened to the Illusions my friend?

I'm taking it you have not, or the strange question would not have been asked

Quit your bitching. One song isn't to your liking because it isn't associated with a badass GNR image? That's fucking lame. You must really hate when bands change their musical direction because you want to look badass with their 80s "tough stuff."

Don't buy the album then.

have you ever heard of a song called November Rain dude? :rolleyes:

Thank You!... or Patience... or Don't Cry... Madagascar goes along with all that they were doing on the UYI albums. Same type of epic ballad and a good song.

Get it out of yer head Mulletheads...... This record wont be a repeat of AFD!

And it shouldn't be. We should want GNR to progress and grow... granted, AFD is one of the greatest albums of all time... but leave it at that. New times. New band. New songs. With Axl there, the music will be good no matter what, and it will kick ass. Stop comparing new material to old material.

That has to be one of the most retarded posts I've ever read. lol, from Mr. Brownstone to Madagascar. Let's see, from 25 years old to 44 years old. From being young, VERY stupid(he still is, but not as much), and trying to make a living to being older, more mature, and trying to make fans happy and improve his image and finish what he started. He went from Mr. Brownstone to Madagascar in 4 years...ever heard of Use Your Illusion? One or two? And it being worse than Catcher in the Rye? Umm...no. And you gave quite possibly the 3 worst examples of ballads they did(Even though I like Estranged and Breakdown). How about November Rain? Or how about Patience? Um...Don't Cry? Both versions? Seriously dude, think about what you say before you say it.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this...

Edited by Dave10