Madagascar

Son Of A Gun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but in a rock band like this...? Look at it this way...he went from Mr. Brownstone to Madagascar. If you like epics or ballads then songs the style of Breakdown, Estranged, and Catcher In The Rye are more of an answer.

Always glad when Breakdown gets mentioned.

BTW, Axl kinda marches to his own beat, if he wants to put in a song like Maddy, I am good with it, there will most likely be a song for everyone on this CD.

Madagascar is what the new Gn'R line-up represents *a new direction for Gn'R*. The days of gritty AFD chaos have passed (so it appears) Axl is older and thus we have a new line-up and a new sound to boot (sure i miss Slash). The new sound has both plus and negative's, but i'm liking what i am hearing. The songs appear to have had alot of thought gone into them, and thats what counts most of all :)

/would like to hear Gn'R finish off (and release) Crash Diet :)

Edited by dobadog

it's a pretty boring song.

They should go more in the direction of Chinese Democracy (the song), or Oh My God. you know? put some balls into it, Mady has none...

I kinda agree. Its a good song up to the 5 minutes MLK quotes. Pretty Boring. I will be curious to hear the studio version nonetheless.

have you ever heard of a song called November Rain dude? :rolleyes:

Thats exactly what I was going to say...

Madagascar will be one of the epic tracks on CD when it's released

CJ

Madagascar won't be an epic track because it's been out since 2002 and too many people have heard it to have it passed off as a new single. It's a good tune, but the quotes need to be taken out or at least shortened for it to have any shot at being November Rain epic.

This song Madagascar I really don't like. Well...I think it's a good song...but for a band like Gn'R???? That is a fucking joke. If this song gets released on CD I think it will be the biggest joke of all. This song doesn't belong in a hard rock band.

moron

I agree, Madagascar is pretty gay.

Yes, the song does have major homosexual qualities. That makes plenty of sense there, tit. Bravo on the predictable garbage post from yourself. I wouldn't expect anything else.

I don't think you get the homosexual referances in the song. When Dr.King is holding that speach and saying. "Never leave me alone, NO NEVER ALONE!" That implies that he want's to be with his black "brothers" all the time. Even at night. Sleeping. So he is actually saying that he wants to sleep with them. And that is pritty gay. Don't you think :P

[/sarkasm]

gay comments are always so good and insightfull. They could at least done as me and tired to make a effort with it.

I agree, Madagascar is pretty gay.

Yes, the song does have major homosexual qualities. That makes plenty of sense there, tit. Bravo on the predictable garbage post from yourself. I wouldn't expect anything else.

I don't think you get the homosexual referances in the song. When Dr.King is holding that speach and saying. "Never leave me alone, NO NEVER ALONE!" That implies that he want's to be with his black "brothers" all the time. Even at night. Sleeping. So he is actually saying that he wants to sleep with them. And that is pritty gay. Don't you think :P

[/sarkasm]

gay comments are always so good and insightfull. They could at least done as me and tired to make a effort with it.

Haha, at least.

This song Madagascar I really don't like. Well...I think it's a good song...but for a band like Gn'R???? That is a fucking joke. If this song gets released on CD I think it will be the biggest joke of all. This song doesn't belong in a hard rock band.

November Rain

Patience

Sweet Child O Mine

Estranged

Breakdown

the Blues

Yesterdays

There Was a Time

Don't Cry

Quit being silly.

Your narrow-minded bullshit has clouded your thoughts. Just listen to the music for what it is and not for what it is 'supposed' to be.

:rolleyes:

i like madagascar and all the other non rock or metal songs gnr put out there but the way i see it is gnr isint realy metal or rock (accept appatite) beacuase axl is always taking the band in a new direction which i think is wicked and as impressive cause i dont know any other bands who make new musical directions regularly and still make hits plus i think it helps keep gnr fresh so as a genre gnr gets its own

what about november rain?

estranged?

patience?

i rest my case