Madagascar

Son Of A Gun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song Madagascar I really don't like. Well...I think it's a good song...but for a band like Gn'R???? That is a fucking joke. If this song gets released on CD I think it will be the biggest joke of all. This song doesn't belong in a hard rock band.

I think this topic is the joke of all MYGNRFORUM.com topics!

including those of Kaneda boy! :lol:

btw- This song is the closest to GNR sound, of all the new songs we have heard!

listen bucket face, you have no idea about gnr's. go listen to bucket i hate girls solo albums !.

This song Madagascar I really don't like. Well...I think it's a good song...but for a band like Gn'R???? That is a fucking joke. If this song gets released on CD I think it will be the biggest joke of all. This song doesn't belong in a hard rock band.

It took you 468 posts to come up with that brain fart? Welcome to the forum. Go back to chewing on your toe nails.

Everybody mark their calendars for brain fart # 936 from this sped.

It'll bound to be about BBF joining the band when 2010 hits this idiot in the head.

Edited by Matt13

It took you 468 posts to come up with that brain fart? Welcome to the forum. Go back to chewing on your toe nails.

It'll bound to be about BBF joining the band when 2010 hits this idiot in the head.

:laugh: matt13 has snapped!

Perhaps. My co-pilot Jack Daniels hit me rather hard tonght. Fell asleep at the wheel. I'm lucky I'm able to type at this point.

Somehow, I can still point out an idiot.

Go figure.

Lol.. I just went back and read about you saying I snapped... pretty funny:)

However, am I not speakng the truth? I feel like Moses coming off the mountain for the second time at this point.

Lol.

One thing I hate about this forum, is the moaning shits about people's posts. I believe everybody has the right to post their opinions, one way or another. So cut this 'dont post here if you dont like it' childish bullshit. A forum isnt for you to discuss the topics YOU like, but for all to voice their opinions, irrespective of which 'side' they support.

Back to topic, they is obviously a great divide in the fans at the moment. There are those who want another AFD type record (myself included), and those who like the Ballads and 'epics' and want GNR to follow that direction. I love the use of the word epic. In my book, epic means something thats too fucking long.

This thread is particularly interesting because alot of people are quoting the ballady type songs and trying to convince people that these songs are the real Guns N Roses sound. I personally believe that is totally WRONG.

Can you honestly say people will be listening to songs like Madagascar in 20 years time like they do with songs on AFD? WILL THEY FUCK! Dont get me wrong, I like some of the softer GNR songs (Estranged especially), but none of them represent what GNR is all about. All the ballady songs were Axl Rose's performing his own ambitions, which the former Gunners publically admitted they were not keen on. The real Guns N' Fucking Roses songs were the likes of 'Its so Easy', 'WTTJ' or 'Garden of Eden' etc.

What the problem here is, that most people are trying to cling onto the old persona of the rock band, the one which shocked and created a new sound. Alas it seems like this has been lost. Songs like 'Better' and 'Chinese Democracy' are good, but nothing more. They are nothing new that has never been done.

I will quite happily sit in the past with my Vinyl albums, and remember what was, and how good it was back in the eighties. Nostalgia is sometimes much better than reality. The tragedy here is, people want this new incarnation of GNR to sound like the old guys, which is never going to happen.

If all you want is simple rock music without the epic type songs, try out the numerous crap bands out there! It is a free country, go for it. I'm thinking Motley Crue for you or some type of speed metal that can't be understood without reading the lyrics and taking speed.

I don't consider Madagascar and The Blues to be some complex epic arrangement. They are just simple ballads with imho weak guitar sections. They are missing something to make them really stand up to the likes of Estranged, November Rain,etc. The Blues opening verse is VERY cheesy imho.

These are not complex songs by any means. If you want complexity pick up a Dream Theater album or any of APC's albums.

Axl has a keen ear for pop(Better, SCOM) and is a great musician and that's why we are still following the guy. IRS, Better, TWAT, CITR are winners completely. But again this isn't some radical change from UYI, it's just an evolution of that with a huge "Axl" slant since he is the sole artist of this project...

Just to point out the weakness in Madagascar doesn't mean we want poodle rock garbage like Motley Crue or some other lame ass rock band. Let's call a spade a spade. Madagascar is a catchy song. The problem is it has a pointless mid-section and a weak repetitive guitar section. That's also the same problem I find in The Blues. Ofcourse this is all IMHO.... ;)