Ladies and Gentlemen

Graeme

Hey folks, people of the forum. Over the past week or so there has been a lot of complaints about the current situation with Guns N Roses. Is brain in or out? Why is there no Album announcement? Guns Being late for performances etc. Yes, i agree with lots of people that this is frustrating and if this was an Ideal Rock band then things like this wouldn't be happening.

However I think that one or two people need to see just how good this situation is compared to what it was before. Last year, when i joined this board, the news front was in Dire straits. You'd come on the forum and there'd be months of "Axl Rose in lawsuit" heading the newswire. It was just months of speculation over who was in the band, what axl was doing, what he looked like as well as complaints about the failures of the 2002 era. You had threads such as "Will Guns N Roses play live again?"

This year we have an official website (It's okay goddamit!... i agree it's not perfect but it could be a lot worse!) We have had a successful tour in Europe which has gone off without a hitch, we have an american tour going on just now. Two successfully pro shot webcast concerts. Four brandf new songs, we have Axl in the spotlight again, an excellent new guitar player. And a promise of the album this year from the man himself. You don't know what you've got until you've lost it all and compared to what we had we have a hell of a lot, i think more people should be thankful for this. Hope you guys feel the same.

you my sir... speak the truth... i remember the day i first joined and it was the same arguments... then in january the pictures of Axl from the korn party and everyone being like "oh hes still got the jersesy" and then a few days later the leaks... then the tour in all honesty we are in the best shape we have been in for a while as guns fans

Good post :) I think people do forget how far we've progressed in the past year. Yes, the album still isn't in our hands and there is no concrete release date but we're edging closer each day. This time last year the Amazon 'Best Of Guns N' Roses' rumour was emerging. That's really as exciting as it got last year and anyone who was on this board last year will remember how mindnumbingly boring that was.

This year we have an official website (It's okay goddamit!... i agree it's not perfect but it could be a lot worse!) We have had a successful tour in Europe which has gone off without a hitch, we have an american tour going on just now. Two successfully pro shot webcast concerts. Four brandf new songs, we have Axl in the spotlight again, an excellent new guitar player. And a promise of the album this year from the man himself. You don't know what you've got until you've lost it all and compared to what we had we have a hell of a lot, i think more people should be thankful for this. Hope you guys feel the same.

Correct... nicely written

Sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but - you know - for every single thing, you can find something that's worse. Still doesn't make the first thing any better, though. :tongue2:

Yes, I agree that things are starting to pick up more and it is quite exciting, but hold your horses, darlings - "we" haven't got anything all that tangible yet; anything that couldn't just get cancelled like upon previous occasions. Still, the speculation makes this place interesting ^_^ - if it weren't for so many new rumors, I would probably have grown weary of coming here.

Hey folks, people of the forum. Over the past week or so there has been a lot of complaints about the current situation with Guns N Roses. Is brain in or out? Why is there no Album announcement? Guns Being late for performances etc. Yes, i agree with lots of people that this is frustrating and if this was an Ideal Rock band then things like this wouldn't be happening.

However I think that one or two people need to see just how good this situation is compared to what it was before. Last year, when i joined this board, the news front was in Dire straits. You'd come on the forum and there'd be months of "Axl Rose in lawsuit" heading the newswire. It was just months of speculation over who was in the band, what axl was doing, what he looked like as well as complaints about the failures of the 2002 era. You had threads such as "Will Guns N Roses play live again?"

Well said!but a lot of people in here are more worried in spreading their negative shit than in supporting the band they are supossed to be fans of.They are never happy and even if the album had been released they would still bitch and moan. But hey, it is very cool to find some positive comments like this one :)

This is a nice post. Who would have thought at the start of 2006 that we would see the band live this year, and what a great tour it was. I shall remember this summer for ever, and I can't wait for the album, I've waited this long ..... You will always have assholes on here moaning 'cos they've got nothing better to do. On the whole I am happy at the situation we have today compared to this time last year. It can only get Better.

Very nice post man ;)

I agree, the band has come along way in the past year or so. But do you not think that is what you should expect from a band like Guns N' Roses? , e.g official website; that shouldn't be a shock.

Basically I'm just trying to say, yes they've improved but any other artist would have an official website and tour dates. In a way, we should expect more from Guns N' Roses.

oxocubeingravy

So basically, we've got everything we had in 2002? (website, U.S. tour, euro tour, new guitar player).

It's really sad that the current state of this band is such that people are celebrating over the fact that they have a tour and a website, something that any band with a fuckin pulse has right now. BIG DEAL. Get an album out or it means nothing.

Edited by OTHAFA

RE:

So basically, we've got everything we had in 2002? (website, U.S. tour, euro tour, new guitar player).

It's really sad that the current state of this band is such that people are celebrating over the fact that they have a tour and a website, something that any band with a fuckin pulse has right now. BIG DEAL. Get an album out or it means nothing.

Dude:

You are leaving one thing out. All the bands with a pulse did not put out AFD and UYI 1 + 2 . GNR can do whatever they want, they have already been the greatest. Cal Ripken Jr. doesnt have to come back and extend his streak, he already did it. Axl is already a legend, so whatever he does now is extra. You really need to stop comparing GNR to other bands, they are not like other bands( cept maybe Stones, Beatles, Zepplin etc.) . Really stupid to compare Axl to others. Avenged Sevenfold. System of a Down etc NEED to carve their piece of history, Axl + GNR have already done it. He is in a class by himself. There is no formula to what he is doing. Jesus, he is not tryting to break inot the music scene. He is just doing what he wants. Follow him or not, he doesnt care.

RE:

Dude:

You are leaving one thing out. All the bands with a pulse did not put out AFD and UYI 1 + 2 . GNR can do whatever they want, they have already been the greatest. Cal Ripken Jr. doesnt have to come back and extend his streak, he already did it. Axl is already a legend, so whatever he does now is extra. You really need to stop comparing GNR to other bands, they are not like other bands( cept maybe Stones, Beatles, Zepplin etc.) . Really stupid to compare Axl to others. Avenged Sevenfold. System of a Down etc NEED to carve their piece of history, Axl + GNR have already done it. He is in a class by himself. There is no formula to what he is doing. Jesus, he is not tryting to break inot the music scene. He is just doing what he wants. Follow him or not, he doesnt care.

Yeah, you're right! What was I thinking! Axl can do whatever he wants - so I guess he's happy to be playing to half full areans every night.

That would never happen to the Stones, BTW. That doesn't even happen to System of a Down now.

Axl is trying to break back into the music scene, whether you want to admit it or not.

RE:

Dude:

Yeah, you're right! What was I thinking! Axl can do whatever he wants - so I guess he's happy to be playing to half full areans every night.

That would never happen to the Stones, BTW. That doesn't even happen to System of a Down now.

Axl is trying to break back into the music scene, whether you want to admit it or not.

He is doing what he wants, and dont you dare compare SOTD to GNR. They are a trendy anti-american band. They are the flavor of the month filling stadiums with 13 year old, my son loves em and he is 12. Axl is already in the music scene and your ass is wating on his every move.

Edited by Gunzen

A-FUCKING-MEN!!

Edited by Paradise City Man

Great post. I think what we have now is so much more than what anyone expected and that we should be grateful.

We should just enjoy what we got because like 2002 it could all be over in instance. I'm positive that this time is different and that, that won't happen; but what the hell do I know. I'm just glad Gnr is touring and that I got to see them.

Tbiz

1.) System of a Down is one of the best rock bands out right now.

2.) They are not anti-american.

3.) Axl can do whatever he wants, but he's not doing whatever he wants. Everything he does is based off how he believes the public will perceive it.

4.) My ass isn't waiting on Axl's every move. I'll be there if/when CD comes out, but I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact that it probably isn't.

Amen

word

1.) System of a Down is one of the best rock bands out right now.

2.) They are not anti-american.

3.) Axl can do whatever he wants, but he's not doing whatever he wants. Everything he does is based off how he believes the public will perceive it.

4.) My ass isn't waiting on Axl's every move. I'll be there if/when CD comes out, but I'm not going to lose sleep over the fact that it probably isn't.

Have you ever listened to the lyrics of B.Y.O.B?? And the fact that you percieve System as one of the greatest bands says a lot about the current status of music in the World. You mean they are better than Fall out Boy ans Chemical Romance, WOW!

This is just a guess, but I am thinking you are not a member of a SOAD forum, you are right here, with the rest of us. I agree with the original post, I am just glad they are touring. I saw then on 9/20 and am just glad to get another look at a legend. You probobly have just been watching youtube and have no appreciation. Hope he makes it to Oak where I have tickets two sections from the front. You keep bitching and go see Blink 182 or whatever the hell else is out there.

Have you ever listened to the lyrics of B.Y.O.B??

Yes, have you? That song is critical of George Bush and his regime, it is absolutely not anti-american in any way (unless you think anyone who criticizes Bush is anti-american, in which case you're a dumbass)

And the fact that you percieve System as one of the greatest bands says a lot about the current status of music in the World. You mean they are better than Fall out Boy ans Chemical Romance, WOW!

It's quite sad that you live in such a small, sheltered world made up of Axl Rose posters that you don't know of any other rock bands except the ones that get played on the MTV. There are plenty of incredible rock bands out there if you open up your mind and turn off the radio and TV.

This is just a guess, but I am thinking you are not a member of a SOAD forum,

Wrong.

I agree with the original post, I am just glad they are touring. I saw then on 9/20 and am just glad to get another look at a legend. You probobly have just been watching youtube and have no appreciation. Hope he makes it to Oak where I have tickets two sections from the front. You keep bitching and go see Blink 182 or whatever the hell else is out there.

I saw them at Inland Invasion. Wrong again.

Edited by OTHAFA

Have you ever listened to the lyrics of B.Y.O.B??

Yes, have you? That song is critical of George Bush and his regime, it is absolutely not anti-american in any way (unless you think anyone who criticizes Bush is anti-american, in which case you're a dumbass)

And the fact that you percieve System as one of the greatest bands says a lot about the current status of music in the World. You mean they are better than Fall out Boy ans Chemical Romance, WOW!

It's quite sad that you live in such a small, sheltered world made up of Axl Rose posters that you don't know of any other rock bands except the ones that get played on the MTV. There are plenty of incredible rock bands out there if you open up your mind and turn off the radio and TV.

This is just a guess, but I am thinking you are not a member of a SOAD forum,

Wrong.

I dont believe you at all....you got no credit here. Quick KROQ is giving out free tickets to Coheed and Cambria, get em.

I agree with the original post, I am just glad they are touring. I saw then on 9/20 and am just glad to get another look at a legend. You probobly have just been watching youtube and have no appreciation. Hope he makes it to Oak where I have tickets two sections from the front. You keep bitching and go see Blink 182 or whatever the hell else is out there.

I saw them at Inland Invasion. Wrong again.

I dont believe you cause if you saw em you would not be complaining.

Edited by Gunzen