Merck Says Brain Still In The Band

madison

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case this wasn't reported yet, Brain played with Praxis tonight in Las Vegas at the Vegoose Festival-

See-

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=38199.0

This thread for more info

It's very odd that Brain can take time out of his busy schedule to play gigs with Buckethead, but doesn't have time to play with GNR. :question: ...

I thought I'd start a new thread on this topic because there have been so many rumors floating around about Brain's status in the band. I asked Merck about the issue. As many people have noticed, the GNR myspace site lists Frank as a band member - and there's no mention of Brain. So, I asked Merck if this means Brain has permanently left the band.

Here's his response:

"Both Brain and Frank are in the band. You will just see more of Frank at the

moment as Brain is still a new father."

Maddy... thanks for the 'heads up'. The rest of the burger flippers here don't understand real life. Good for Mr. Mantia.. FATHER first, Gnr second.

Whoever doesn't agree, should suck a dick.

Plain and simple.

So despite having a somewhat semi-functional website, we still have to get this kind of infomation the way we used to in the past? I don't get it.

I am not sure what you mean? I am just reporting some news I read elsewhere <_<

Nah mate, I was referring to gunsnroses.com. How it's virtually useless as far as band news is concerned. ;)

It's not confirmed that it was Brain - the guy said that he thinks it was Brain with Praxis.

IF this turns out to be Brain, I would have to say he's out of the band. Anyone out there really think Axl would be cool with this? Fuck....this sucks.

It's not confirmed that it was Brain - the guy said that he thinks it was Brain with Praxis.

IF this turns out to be Brain, I would have to say he's out of the band. Anyone out there really think Axl would be cool with this? Fuck....this sucks.

if it is true..

it sure does make ya wonder.. :unsure:

I'm sure we'll find out in the next 24 hours.

So now we got ... 2 keyboardists, 3 guitarists, 1 bass player, 1 vocalist and 2 drummers?

This sure is one amazing band. :huh:

4 guitarists if Axl Plays - and more if Pittman/Dizzy synth some in :P Bearing in mind that 6 of those 8 backing people do backing vocals too ;)

Mm.. yes. good to know. now we need just an extra basplayer and someone who can play trombone and then the band is complete. <_<

but more on topic: Both Frank and Brain is great drummers so I musicwise I don't see any problem with this arrangement. But the problem is the feel of Guns n Roses as a band. If every member (ecept Axl that is) is so expandible they will - mark my words - never ever be considered a real band by the public again. It will always be Axl and his bunch of hired Guns.

Edited by evil_l

IF this turns out to be Brain, I would have to say he's out of the band.

What? Why? He lives in the same state. It probably wouldn't have been an inconvenience for him to take one day off to play with his old friends. Touring with GNR across the country is a different story.

Brain should stop fucking around and play the gigs.

I think spending time with his kid is 2341982634093126 times more important than playing gigs.

Yes,I agree. Plus it´s none of our business if Brain decides to spend more time with his baby or not.It´s HIS life and he can do whatever he wants and we don´t have any right to judge him.

The only artist i can think of that has ever had 2 drummers on stage at the same time is Prince.

Maybe one day Gn'R could add a new song to the set that requires 2 drummers to perform it:

*Brain + Frank F.* on stage - at the same time :D

Edited by dobadog

Merck also thought 2005 was to be the year of Guns N' Roses. Until we hear it from Axl all bets are off.

The key word is THOUGHT. It wasn't Merck who didn't make it happen, and you can't fault the guy for taking an 'educated' guess that didn't pan out. He wasn't lying, it just didn't work out as expected. It's really stupid to keep ragging on Merck for stuff like this.

HOWEVER... Feel free to rag on Merck and the GNR managers before him for constantly lying or withholding 'confirmed' information about who's in the band. :P Anybody who is actually taking Merck's word on info like this would probably drink the Kool-Aid. :D

Although I'm sure that often it was just a case of thinking that things could change yet again before the public debut of the new members, they've ALWAYS lied through their teeth about past departures. Compare all the statement dates with the true departure dates and you'll see what I mean. They never fessed up that Matt or Duff had left, or that Finck, Stinson or Huge had joined, or that Freese, Buckethead or Huge left. Most of the time it was confirmed by seeing them or not seeing them when the band played live or by other people blurting out the news. THEN they made the statement. Why would that change now?

I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt in this case. Buffering the loss of Brain in this case is logical. Even if Brain doesn't come back (and never say never), Merck's not exactly lying, they do have two drummers -- Brain on the CD, Frank on tour. The album will be promoted with material on Brain (although downplayed if there's a 'problem'), it would be pretty stupid to do it any other way.

Brain stayed close to Buckethead, his tenure with Axl didn't seem all that solid to me because of that. (It probably worked this far because they didn't see that much of each other. THe band tracks were long since recorded, Axl was working on vocals, their post-Bucket relationship wasn't really tested). And now that Brain has a kid, he's probably a lot less interested in touring, regardless. And if the kid is the excuse for stepping back from GNR, Axl will be totally sympathetic, and would probably welcome him back for special gigs and future recordings. <cough> Unless Brain does any road trips with Buckethead. Then I'm sure it will be game over.

The only artist i can think of that has ever had 2 drummers on stage at the same time is Prince.

Maybe one day Gn'R could add a new song to the set that requires 2 drummers to perform it:

*Brain + Frank F.* on stage - at the same time :D

Lots of bands have two drummers.

The funniest one that I ever saw was old footage of the Beach Boys before the deaths and insanity. Every member of the band had another 'background' player standing (or sitting) behind them. :D

And what big band is it that has the players playing UNDERNEATH the stage? rock4:D

We should be thankful that GNR has kept it real! rock3

So now we got ... 2 keyboardists, 3 guitarists, 1 bass player, 1 vocalist and 2 drummers?

This sure is one amazing band. :huh:

i know. but if you include apparences by bach/izzy you got

2 keyboardists, 4 guitarists, 1 bass player, 2 vocalists and 2 drummers.

:huh:

come on guys.

Do any of you seriously think Brian AND Frank is gonna be on stage at the same time??

Offcourse not, Frank is filling in for Brain CUS HE JUST GOT A BABY. And he, obviously, wanna spend some time with his child.

How fucking hard is that understand??

You fuckheads should be happy they dident just cancelled the whole tour cus of that.

come on guys.

Do any of you seriously think Brian AND Frank is gonna be on stage at the same time??

Offcourse not, Frank is filling in for Brain CUS HE JUST GOT A BABY. And he, obviously, wanna spend some time with his child.

How fucking hard is that understand??

You fuckheads should be happy they dident just cancelled the whole tour cus of that.

Just because Brain had a kid, doesn't mean GN'R needs two offical drummers in the band... Frank should still be labeled as a replacement until Brain gets back, not a member of the fucking band...