Eric Clapton is the greatest guitarist of all time

adnan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

You know, I won't deny that as a possibility. Stevie was just getting better and better when he died. Real shame. Hendrix was a completely different sort though and I don't think he was going to start using his guitar as tastefully as he would've required to make me think him better than Eric. Did enough to make me consider him the second best.

Do you have First Rays of the New Rising Sun? Some of the tracks on there might change your mind.

I do. If he had continued to play he would've been more of a legend in my eyes.

People who rave about Jimmy Page's layering should take a listen to "Night Bird Flying".

You know, I won't deny that as a possibility. Stevie was just getting better and better when he died. Real shame. Hendrix was a completely different sort though and I don't think he was going to start using his guitar as tastefully as he would've required to make me think him better than Eric. Did enough to make me consider him the second best.

Do you have First Rays of the New Rising Sun? Some of the tracks on there might change your mind.

I do. If he had continued to play he would've been more of a legend in my eyes.

People who rave about Jimmy Page's layering should take a listen to "Night Bird Flying".

Just listening to it. Amazing song.

Remember when you said you were not to sure of what I meant when i said you posted topics about various artists/bands very frequently. Theres like 3 on the first page alone. Frank Zappa is a better guitarist and musician then Eric Clapton.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Clapton has done some great things for guitar players, such as the Crossroads Festival and he has done some great work. But there is no way that you could place him as the greatest of all time. He would probably say the same thing himself. I would EVH, SRV, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Page, and of course Jimmy Hendrix ahead of him. In my eyes Hendrix is the best, what he did in those three short years changed the way the world thought of the guitar. In my opinion no one touches Hendrix.

Remember when you said you were not to sure of what I meant when i said you posted topics about various artists/bands very frequently. Theres like 3 on the first page alone. Frank Zappa is a better guitarist and musician then Eric Clapton.

Well, Zappa was a better musician (by far), but its arguable if he was a better guitarist.

I guess you don't know who Frank Zappa is? Zappa is a FAR better musician than Clapton.

I guess you don't know who Frank Zappa is? Zappa is a FAR better musician than Clapton.

I own all Zappa's albums and respect him a lot.