This Has Got To Be The Worst Official GN'R Logo I've Ever Seen

Tyler Drama

gnrlogooch3.jpg

Come On. That's The Shittiest Logo I've Ever Seen. They're Actually Using That Design On A Watch. The Should Use Something Better Like That New GN'R Star Thing They Put On All The T-Shirts. Way Better Than This Logo...

I like that better than that stupid GN'R star that's out now. And you really should learn to not capitalize the first letter of every word.

gnrlogooch3.jpg

Come On. That's The Shittiest Logo I've Ever Seen. They're Actually Using That Design On A Watch. The Should Use Something Better Like That New GN'R Star Thing They Put On All The T-Shirts. Way Better Than This Logo...

Come on, it's not that bad. I'd buy a shirt with that logo.

gnrlogooch3.jpg

im pretty sure that was the first gn'r loga ever. before the bullet.

gnrlogooch3.jpg

I like that better than that stupid GN'R star that's out now. And you really should learn to not capitalize the first letter of every word.

Yeah, It's A Habit.

gnrlogooch3.jpg

Yeah, It's A Habit.

It's called being a fucking retard.

And yes, tacky logo.

I agree that sucks. The KERNING is fucked up, isnt even, and the font is too bloated for the size of the rebolvers.

It seems to me that a lot of these new logo things were just slammed together really quick, and it doesnt seem like they really have a decent graphic design guy doing this stuff. For example, the "2006" in the background logo on the official site looks like someone took a dump or a crap on the page. I think the new 3d "old west" star logo from the hammerstein shows has potential, but the 3d effect makes it too broad in my opinion. I dunno, I just wish theyd make stuff half decent looking.

it rocks! it's no gay ass star! where the fuck did a star come from anyway> ? it's gunsNroses not stars and chinese guy! this is way cooler.

Look up a picture of the Chinese flag and get back to us. Geesh... if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle, would you know it's there?

it rocks! it's no gay ass star! where the fuck did a star come from anyway> ? it's gunsNroses not stars and chinese guy! this is way cooler.

Look up a picture of the Chinese flag and get back to us. Geesh... if it fell out of the sky, landed on your face and started to wiggle, would you know it's there?

matty the band name isn't chinese D is it? it's a fucking band logo! not a cd logo! fuck that gay ass star!.

matty the band name isn't chinese D is it? it's a fucking band logo! not a cd logo! fuck that gay ass star!.

Shit... Aussie... I didn't even look at who posted your comments before making mine... my bad! I wouldn't lambast one of my bro's on here on purpose. The forum has been flooded with idiots lately... they're coming out of the woodwork and I've been having a field day as the harsh voice of reason around here...haha.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what you think... but the star is most likely modeled off of the Chinse flag and and will probably only be around to ride the 'Chinese Democracy' wave. When and if another album comes out, they'll have a new logo. Bands today follow themes... and apparently the theme of this album is, well, Chinese democracy. So the star (and the asian type font) is just a part of that.

Although I liked the album artwork for 'The Very Best of GNR', the star and chinese font theme just didn't work there... considering it was all old music by the old band. They should use old logos and designs for such an album.

My two cents.

Shit... Aussie... I didn't even look at who posted your comments before making mine... my bad! I wouldn't lambast one of my bro's on here on purpose. The forum has been flooded with idiots lately... they're coming out of the woodwork and I've been having a field day as the harsh voice of reason around here...haha.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with what you think... but the star is most likely modeled off of the Chinse flag and and will probably only be around to ride the 'Chinese Democracy' wave. When and if another album comes out, they'll have a new logo. Bands today follow themes... and apparently the theme of this album is, well, Chinese democracy. So the star (and the asian type font) is just a part of that.

Although I liked the album artwork for 'The Very Best of GNR', the star and chinese font theme just didn't work there... considering it was all old music by the old band. They should use old logos and designs for such an album.

My two cents.

haha, all good, and yeah i wasn't a fan of the hole CD art work around 2002, i think they should just stick to the same gnr logo, just my opinion tho.

It looks ok, it's retro, that's for sure

No, their AFD logo (the 'bullet') is retro. Don't make me go into a definition.

The new logo, I'd also like to point out, is marketing GENIOUS. Whether you like it or not, people in the music world are going to associate the star with GNR... just like a football fan would associate the star with the Dallas Cowboys. It's well designed with a modern look and the use of the star as an across-the-board theme is really, truly textbook marketing.

Think about that Vonage commericial (is Vonage worldwide?). Us folks in North America know what I'm talking about... they use that song 'Woo Hoo' by The 5678s (also on the 'Kill Bill' soundtrack). Most think it's highly annoying... but whenever somebody hears that song now, they think of Vonage. In fact, the song grew on me and now I don't find it all that annoying (because their commercials are so damned funny now I think... lol).

The star visually has or will have the same effect with GNR, especially when they go mainstream again.