This Has Got To Be The Worst Official GN'R Logo I've Ever Seen

Tyler Drama

People really don't like the new star logo? I could understand not liking the bland 2002 one, but the 2006 star kicks ass.

The logo is like steak. Sure, most people like steak. But not everyone does. That applies to everything in life on any level.

gnrlogooch3.jpg

The image look, feel and design does suck.

The music is the most important thing ;)

On the design front, the new Gn'R have had their ups and downs.

Back in 2001/2002 nearly all the Gn'R t-shirts sucked. They have new improved t-shirts now.

The only new piece of art (designed to represent the new Gn'R) to have emerged that i have liked, is the 5 pointed start featuring the Buckethead style G&R and the 2 guns. That rocks.

Its time GnR invested in a new artists :)

Edited by dobadog

.everyone is entitled to their opinions. But there are times when I sense some people are blinded. By blinded I mean (in this case for example) - If they see Gn’R written on some thing, weather it looks good or not, they will always say it looks cool.

gnrlogooch3.jpg

Come On. That's The Shittiest Logo I've Ever Seen. They're Actually Using That Design On A Watch. The Should Use Something Better Like That New GN'R Star Thing They Put On All The T-Shirts. Way Better Than This Logo...

looks cool to me ???

Thanks,

Rainman rock3

gnrlogooch3.jpg

Come On. That's The Shittiest Logo I've Ever Seen. They're Actually Using That Design On A Watch. The Should Use Something Better Like That New GN'R Star Thing They Put On All The T-Shirts. Way Better Than This Logo...

it's not that bad...

It looks ok, it's retro, that's for sure

No, their AFD logo (the 'bullet') is retro. Don't make me go into a definition.

The new logo, I'd also like to point out, is marketing GENIOUS. Whether you like it or not, people in the music world are going to associate the star with GNR... just like a football fan would associate the star with the Dallas Cowboys. It's well designed with a modern look and the use of the star as an across-the-board theme is really, truly textbook marketing.

Think about that Vonage commericial (is Vonage worldwide?). Us folks in North America know what I'm talking about... they use that song 'Woo Hoo' by The 5678s (also on the 'Kill Bill' soundtrack). Most think it's highly annoying... but whenever somebody hears that song now, they think of Vonage. In fact, the song grew on me and now I don't find it all that annoying (because their commercials are so damned funny now I think... lol).

The star visually has or will have the same effect with GNR, especially when they go mainstream again.

This is a really good point. I think the band needs to choose a definative style for the star, though. Right now they have

1. the "old west" star design which is line based, and has a lot of those decorative french curve things

2. The red star design from 02 which is easy to identify as the gnr star because of its blood red on black scheme

3. the "weathered" star from the new band official logo.

I think they should either go with the old west version or the weathered version. Both are kickass, and hearken back to the old image of GNR being a band of "outlaws." I'd love to see some consistant fond and graphid design principles used in their stuff too. oh well.

Right now its basically like the UYI single covers, where each one had its own style - some of them had the really "candle wax dripping" skull shit (Civil War, Bad Apples) and while some went in a modern art abstract direction (Coma), and then some, like NR didnt seem to fit anywhere. I think a consistant design style would help the band create a visual brand (because a lot of people wouldnt recognize a picture of the members, right now, as being gnr, while the weathered logo or the old west one, with the classic roses and revolvers, ties the new linup to the old legacy.

Edited by jah772

NIN (Nine Inch Nails) have some really cool people working for them. I think it means a lot to Trent to have great design that fits with the look of the band.

Gn'R (Gn'R's management) appear to hire any old joe to do the job. Thats how it seems.

Maybe Merck could shed some light on the Gn'R design side of things.

Edited by dobadog