Ron Thal

Rockworld

Is Ron OFFICIALLY in the band or what?

As we know he only joined a week before the previous tour started, was this meant to be permenant and also what was going on a week before the tour, did someone else drop out and was Axl always actively seeking another guitarist or did he just think it would be a good idea. Its all very strange! I like Ron and would like to think he will be in the band for a long while.

He's certainly in the touring band, of that I have no doubt. However, is he contracted to be part of GNR? My guess is that is still up in the air. I think he is very much hired help at this point. It'll get settled sooner or later, if it hasn't already.

Remeber, he has no parts on the album, his solos were removed from the website - and Axl said that they had enough songs for 3 albums which are probably already recorded. So - will his parts be on those albums? You'd have to say yes - and if that is the case then he's very much a full member of GNR.

I really hope he is a big part of the future of GNR. He's clearly the most gifted guitarist in the band, as long as he can turn on and off the shredding when its needed there is no reason why he can't be a bigger success than he already is.

I still think its a valid question. Some seem to presume he is OFFICIALLY in the band but just because he is touring and playing in the band I dont think nesseccarily means hes going to be a full time permenant band member, would those same people consider Izzy to be in the band just because he plays at some of the gigs. I dont think its a silly question to ask. Also no one seems to want to think about the reasons why he was never announced before the tour and why he only joined a week before the tour. Maybe there are reasons behind that, who knows. I would like to point out that originally on Rons website he said he was going to be touring with GnR for a period but nothing pointed to this being indefinate.

Anyway thanks to those of you who have been a little bit more mature and constructive with your input.

i think that Ron IS officially i the band. Axl might be satisfied with him. he is not like Izzy that just show up in some gigs to make a special appearance. Ron parts in all the songs are necessary. I dont think that now that CD is finally being released Axl will try to find another guitar player to join them and dispose Ron for good. nah.

I still think its a valid question. Some seem to presume he is OFFICIALLY in the band but just because he is touring and playing in the band I dont think nesseccarily means hes going to be a full time permenant band member, would those same people consider Izzy to be in the band just because he plays at some of the gigs. I dont think its a silly question to ask. Also no one seems to want to think about the reasons why he was never announced before the tour and why he only joined a week before the tour. Maybe there are reasons behind that, who knows. I would like to point out that originally on Rons website he said he was going to be touring with GnR for a period but nothing pointed to this being indefinate.

Anyway thanks to those of you who have been a little bit more mature and constructive with your input.

You would have to imagine that when Ron joined it was very temporary and maybe the European tour was a trial of sorts to see if he could get on with the other members and vice versa. he only heard part of the album and all that jazz.

But as Axl trusts him more and the band clearly works and sounds very well with him there, he has more and more chance of being a fully fledged member. If he wants to be. My guess is that after the album is out and the tour is done and they start to work on the next one, his future will be resolved.

LP