Punk"

rock3:laugh:

Yeah...fuck yeah!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not upset about the setlist. In fact, I'm pretty happy with the setlist and am looking forward to seeing it live at the beginning of December (if the tour lasts that long). I'm more upset that Axl would take the time to rant against the one group of people who have been consistantly following him for a long, long time. It's unsettling. It's almost as if he does'nt want people to follow each show on the tour and know what is going to be played. He's coming across as an egotistical jerk who just wants people to go to shows and not know what to expect. He doesn't relize that a good chunk of the [small] crowds going to see him are people who have been hardcore fans for a long time.

The way this group treats it's fans is pretty ugly.

Thats funny Axl said that. :P

I have no problem with the set list at all, if Im going to see Guns N Roses I want to hear WTTJ, SCOM, PC, ect. Those songs are the reason I love GNR. Could you imagin a GNR concert without Welcome To The Jungle?

I mean, the way things are looking, the set list won't be changing even after the release of CD.

You know what? Why should it?

I went to a Deep Purple show this year, and I only know their classic songs. They played 4 or 5 songs from the new album and the venue just fell dead during them. It's not that they weren't great songs or anything - it's just that people wanted to hear more of the old stuff as opposed to the new stuff.

I don't mind if they change a few songs around, but I think they should keep this proportion of old songs to new songs. It's what the people at the shows want to hear.

A band like deep purple is a nostalgia act whose best days have long since past. People go to the concert to hear the old songs and nothing else. If Axl wants GN'R to become yet another nostalgia act, resting on the laurels of their glory days, and playing 20 year old songs then that's his decsision. If he thinks that CD is actually a good album and GN'R actually do have a future as a relevant, functioning band, then he needs to show some faith in the new material.

When they began touring in advance of the UYI release, they knew they had good material and they went out and let the people hear it. The idea that they are going to promote CD by playing songs from AFD is utterly ridiculous and could do more harm than good, by focusing attention on the past rather than the future.

And you know what? I hate to break this to you, but for most of the people going to GN'R's shows, they are a nostalgia act. If Axl wanted it to be different, then he shouldn't have held onto the name. People go to a Guns N' Roses show to see the Guns N' Roses music that they know.

If I show up to a GN'R gig and they don't play the classics, then i'll be pissed. I'll be going to these shows to hear You Could Be Mine and Jungle - songs that made me a GN'R fan. Sure, I want to hear those songs punctuated with a few new ones - but if he played a set that was primarily comprised of new material, I wouldn't be happy.

He's shown plenty of faith in the new material. He's consistently playing 4-5 new songs every night, before the album has even come out. Given that 95% of the audience has never heard any of these songs, that's pretty damn good.

EDIT: If you want to complain about the setlist - complain about the solos.

I hate to break it to you but if that's true, then CD will be an utter flop. I would agree that GN'R have become a nostalgia act, but that didn't just happen. If you don't release any new material or do anything to make people aware that you even have new material, then what else do you expect? The only material that the public are aware of is the old stuff, and Axl isn't doing anything to alter that. If they would maybe drop this secrecy crap and release a single then maybe they could change that.

There are lots of other bands that have had numerous hit albums and they're still able to tour and play a lot of new material when they bring out a new album. Does anyone think that U2 would have continued to enjoy the amount of success they've had if they played 8 songs from joshua tree every night when they were promoting other albums? And if you wouldn't be happy with a lot of new material then you probably didn't like the UYI tour because they played a lot of new material then and they were able to get the crowd into it without basing most of their set on AFD.

There are always going to be a section of a bands fan base that want to wallow in the past. I'm sure there were probably bruce springsteen fans who complained when he played fewer songs from his older albums when "born in the USA" was released. Now it's hard to imagine one of his concerts without those songs.

If the material is good enough, the crowd will get into it.

"And that goes for all you punks on the net

That want to start shit by printin' rants

Instead of kissin my ass

That means you

UK Subs at MyGnr

The punks at HTGTH

All of Velvet Revolver

Bob Geldof in Ireland,

What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more

pussy than you?

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids

While they be wastin' their hard earned

bandwidth to read about the bands

They want to know about

Printin' lies instead of lyin down and kissin me

You wanta antagonize me

Antagonize me motherfucker

Get in the ring motherfucker

And I'll kick your bitchy little ass

Punk"

What the hell?

I'll be damned, he thinks all of the fans want to hear OLD material. Yeah, screw the new material we have been waiting for going on 16 years now. Play sweet child o mine one more time please. :rolleyes:

These type of comments are stupid. If your not happy, stay the fuck home.

I'll be damned, he thinks all of the fans want to hear OLD material. Yeah, screw the new material we have been waiting for going on 16 years now. Play sweet child o mine one more time please. :rolleyes:

LOL, what did I post that was untrue? You think more fans want to hear old material, or are more wanting NEW material? ;)

(BTW, stupid would also be not knowing when to use you're instead of your but that's just a grammar thing.)

"And that goes for all you punks on the net

That want to start shit by printin' rants

Instead of kissin my ass

That means you

UK Subs at MyGnr

The punks at HTGTH

All of Velvet Revolver

Bob Geldof in Ireland,

What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more

pussy than you?

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick

You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids

While they be wastin' their hard earned

bandwidth to read about the bands

They want to know about

Printin' lies instead of lyin down and kissin me

You wanta antagonize me

Antagonize me motherfucker

Get in the ring motherfucker

And I'll kick your bitchy little ass

Punk"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

"I haven't done what they call a rant in a long time, but I'm going to rant right now. You know. I don't really have a problem with all the cameras and tape recorders and all of that, but I think it is fucked up how there are people out there complaining that we are not changing up the show every night. Fuck that. I couldn't give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows. We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

What a nice way of Axl to hide behind "who doesn´t even go to shows" instead of giving a reason for not changing the setlist. No one is saying that they should play AFD songs but of course people are interested in other songs too. Sure we get some UYI-songs and som CD-songs but still the setlist is very much the same all the time. I´m not saying I didn´t have a great time at the show I went to in Stockholm but to hide the facts behind why they´re not playing songs by pointing out they+re doing it for the fans at the show and not the ones behind the computer who never go to shows, which he knows nothing about, is just lame and a really sad excuse. He says he doesn´t give a fuck about te no-show-goers, but I belive the simple truth is he doesn´t give a fuck about any of us. :)

Edited by Lukinx

Hey Axl, I may be behind a computer screen but I've come out to see you in 2002 and 2006 and I'm sick of your shit. Showing up late, playing the same setlist, and calling your 2002 and 2006 tour "The Chinese Democracy Tour" without having the fucking album out. I'm such a dumb ass that I bought a ticket to see you in Everett next month, thinking that the album would be out, and I would get to hear more new songs from Chinese Democracy. Would you mind offering up refunds to all of us fans that you've dupped into buying tickets for your never ending "Appetite for Destruction" cover tour? Thanks Axl, and you have a nice day now.

I think a big Hallaleluya AMEN for this post is in order.

If I could say this to the man himself I'd rant myself....

Mock us as you must Axl...sitting behind a computer is ALL we fucken have had to do concerning GNR for 13 fucking years already..aside from some lame ass under promoted tour(2002) and a few lower shelf demos "accidently" leaked onto the internet- THAT isall we have heard of GNR, You and the Album just a long series of rumours, delays and a kind of silence that says FUCK YOU to every single member of this and every other forum out there. Kill the fucking machine if its so fucking hateful for you to have to perform or even address EXPECTATIONS for LOYAL fans. The reality is the demand for bootlegs wouldn't be so over the top if there was something to your constantly fucked up excuses (or not) for CHINESE DEMOCRACY. Should we be SORRY for a prolonged love and interest in your artwork??I'm sure its sucha burden.This ain't the underground anymore and the internet is the only reason you even have people discussing and planning and PROMOTING this band YEARS after they should have stopped believing in it.

Fuckers like me have invested thousands to support this band. I shelled out over $500.00 for tickets alone to be in Chicago... to see a show that you performed in Moline 4 years ago. So fucking what...no hassle its more than apparent that the sentiment isn't reciprocated......

"I haven't done what they call a rant in a long time, but I'm going to rant right now. You know. I don't really have a problem with all the cameras and tape recorders and all of that, but I think it is fucked up how there are people out there complaining that we are not changing up the show every night. Fuck that. I couldn't give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows. We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

Whatever, Axl. There's a reason I'm not dropping my $90 on going to see the band on this run, and it's because I have no interest in supporting an Appetite For Nostalgia tour. The minute these guys prove themselves as an entity beyond being a GNR cover band, I'll be out there proudly supporting them.

I truly want to love this band, but he's seemingly staunchly opposed to letting them shine and show what they're made of.

I rarely quote Slash, but I'm going to do it here - "I want to see what we took that fucking thing apart for..."

Hey Axl if you want to kick me out of the show in Everett for not hailing your "Appetite for Destruction Tour" I'll make it real easy for you. I'll be the guy wearing the shirt that says "Hey Axl, Is Chinese Democracy up your Ass along with Slash?". Hopefully by the time I see you in Everett you'll be back on your medication and "Chinese Democracy" will be out. Come on Axl we all believe in you buddy.

Edited by Randy Lahey

LOL, what did I post that was untrue? You think more fans want to hear old material, or are more wanting NEW material? ;)

(BTW, stupid would also be not knowing when to use you're instead of your but that's just a grammar thing.)

I'm glad to see you are educated :rolleyes: The point of my post is, if you, along with anyone else is not happy with the set list, don't fucking go to the shows.

Axl doesn't have a probllem with cameras? Well, if that's true, doesn't explain why I was almost stripped searched at the Hammerstein and even in Vegas, security at both venues made a point before we even got to the door that all cameras would be confiscated.

Nice to hear a rant from Axl, but he seems a little rusty. Needs some more work before he gets it just right again.

You must have been at a different vegas show then me cause they didn't even touch me. I could have taken in an AK47 and a TV news camera and they wouldn't have stopped me.