AXL's Rant in San Juan last night

dobadog

It's obviously playing on his mind.

It's funny that the new fans of GNR get told to fuck off. You want to hear the new band's material? Well Axl says Fuck You from San Juan.

All that shit about them being wild n' crazy and they have a pick list, well that's all bullshit, they crank out the same shit every nite and everyone loves it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obviously playing on his mind.

It's funny that the new fans of GNR get told to fuck off. You want to hear the new band's material? Well Axl says Fuck You from San Juan.

All that shit about them being wild n' crazy and they have a pick list, well that's all bullshit, they crank out the same shit every nite and everyone loves it.

Well said

I rarely quote Slash, but I'm going to do it here - "I want to see what we took that fucking thing apart for..."

;) Me too... and who's got the balls to say the same thing?!?!

We've had since MAY to understand that GNR is back on tour. We've seen that the new band is powerful, capable and above all else competent.... Right... I'm rockin wit a baby....so answer me this.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THE PROBLEM... what's with the CONSTIPATION about an album that was supposed to be in the can years ago??? The youngins' are all in a lather about BETTER, IRS ect.... but seriously...is that the culmination of 13 years of studio work? This is the whole reason Slash and co..moved out??? OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKK

HEll Axl why didn't you pull a Roger Waters and just SPIT on the crowd....Most of your new fans and a good portion WANNA KNOW IF THATS THE BEST YOU GOT... BETTER, IRS. CITR(love this song by the way)

Ya know Axl didn't probably think his fans would turn on him... Until St. Luis, Montreal Vancouver and Philidelphia.... You know the key to every single one of those stupid fucking events were.....

"what we have here is ..failure to communicate" Welcome to the Jungle........

Axl even said it himself the wait is just about him being smart enough not to throw up a brick. Which I think means not put a shitty record out because he rushed it for the fans. I would say he definitely hasnt rushed it. But it's the opposite, sounds are getting old while the album isnt released. It's almost half a decade ago Madagascar came out and it isnt on juke boxes around the world next to SCOM let me tell you. Also Radiohead beats used to be cool now they sound dated and cheesy. It's a shitty situation.

Are there any new fans who only like the new material?

:scared:

Maybe those same freaks who relate to "Estranged", and who love to listen to "TWAT" over and over again while rubbing their identical "Victory Or Death" tatoo gently with rubbing lotion. :huh:

"No Offence" Whoever. ;)

I just dislike "Estranged" & "TWAT" and everyone who doesn't have an ounce of creativity in their bodies to come up with an original tatoo idea. :D

On a related note, Axl ranted. Big WHOOP-E.

Go light off the fireworks.

Jackamo.

Edited by Jackamo

It's pretty hard to come up with original tats coz only that much looks good. I saw that on Miami Ink lol. Estranged is a song you could relate to at some point in your life. TWAT seems like it should be new GNRs ballad they play live. Show is ballad lite right now? No Dont Cry, No Estranged. I like GNR for the rock n roll songs really. Ballads are for chicks.

All you fuckers complaining about the setlist wouldn't last 2 minutes in marketing. The band is already playing 4-5 new songs in their set. Aside from fucking Neil Young or Dylan, that is average for a band with new material. You expect the band to just blow their load before they drop the album, cause you're tired of hearing Better? Fuck that. Also, the world wasn't meant for us to be watching every shit Axl takes, or every word he utters at a concert. Enjoy what you got and find some other things to make you happy.

Christ.

It's pretty hard to come up with original tats coz only that much looks good. I saw that on Miami Ink lol. Estranged is a song you could relate to at some point in your life. TWAT seems like it should be new GNRs ballad they play live. Show is ballad lite right now? No Dont Cry, No Estranged. I like GNR for the rock n roll songs really. Ballads are for chicks.

Thats why you play the ballads when your undressing those chicks.... you get your favorite band and..a naked girl. ALl hail rock and roll!

Edited by rockerman

(from another forum)

Outtagetme wrote: It was hilarious- he directed towards the members of HTDGTH and of mygnrforum.

He (Axl) said "I haven't done what they call a rant in a long time, but I'm going to rant right now. You know. I don't really have a problem with all the cameras and tape recorders and all of that, but I think it is fucked up how there are people out there complaining that we are not changing up the show every night. Fuck that. I couldn't give a fuck about some guy in Ireland sitting at home behind his computer who doesn't even go to the shows. We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

So Axl doesn't give a shit :laugh:

Well

Welcome to the tangled world of Axl

The guy who doesn't even go to the shows wants show changes and every night?! - why?

He does't care about people with cameras in the audience?! - howcome?

"I couldn't give a fuck about some guy in Ireland ...." so why the fuck you rant at him???

WTF?!!

I'm starting to belive that he went nuts after all :rofl-lol:

It was great singer & frontmen once but now....

I'm not from Ireland to make it clear :lol:

HTGTH stands for Here Today...Gone To Hell.

The best GNR website for news around.

Its ok to post BS over at HTDGTH. Although they have a habit of removing posts that contain actual real news. They get nervous at any mention about the new songs, and they (the mods, Jarmo esp.) really dislike any mention of the old original line up. Mention Slash and you be flamed, possibly even banned! :laugh:

All you fuckers complaining about the setlist wouldn't last 2 minutes in marketing. The band is already playing 4-5 new songs in their set. Aside from fucking Neil Young or Dylan, that is average for a band with new material. You expect the band to just blow their load before they drop the album, cause you're tired of hearing Better? Fuck that. Also, the world wasn't meant for us to be watching every shit Axl takes, or every word he utters at a concert. Enjoy what you got and find some other things to make you happy.

Christ.

While I sort of agree, you go a bit far.

No, he's not going to play new album. But what relevance does a tune like 'Out Ta Get Me' have at this point? Especially when you are already doing most of that album anyway?? YOu are never going to cut the big hits, or even the better known album cuts, but some of the lesser ones you can.

IMO, a tune like 'Out Ta Get Me' or 'Think About You' should never be in the setlist at the expense of a new song that the current line-up actually worked on.

That really fucking big of you Axl but guess what?

I want you to mix the set list up a bit and as a paying customer during the summer it would have been nice to attend the odd show with a different setlist you fucking arrogant prick, like the world gives two fucks about your hermit cave dwelling opinion you ego maniac fucking nutter.

Just kidding you go get them you flamed haired fucking pyscho

+1

Axl doesn't have a probllem with cameras? Well, if that's true, doesn't explain why I was almost stripped searched at the Hammerstein and even in Vegas, security at both venues made a point before we even got to the door that all cameras would be confiscated.

Nice to hear a rant from Axl, but he seems a little rusty. Needs some more work before he gets it just right again.

You must have been at a different vegas show then me cause they didn't even touch me. I could have taken in an AK47 and a TV news camera and they wouldn't have stopped me.

Yes but you blew the security guy to get in so that is to be expected........

I am from Ireland and I was at the gig

I was tempted to go on the stage and ask him to explain himself.

I enjoyed the show, especially the guitar version of don't cry, the crowd supplied the vocals.

Also thanks to the girls who donated a black g-string and the one that kept flashing everytime axel looked down :)

I would liked to have listened to the new album before the gig, but I will definitely purchase it when it is released.

To be honest they played a couple of songs I didnt know, are they going to be on the new album ?

Axl doesn't have a probllem with cameras? Well, if that's true, doesn't explain why I was almost stripped searched at the Hammerstein and even in Vegas, security at both venues made a point before we even got to the door that all cameras would be confiscated.

Nice to hear a rant from Axl, but he seems a little rusty. Needs some more work before he gets it just right again.

You must have been at a different vegas show then me cause they didn't even touch me. I could have taken in an AK47 and a TV news camera and they wouldn't have stopped me.

Really? You're lucky. Guess security wasn't interested in trying to cop a feel from you. I wore cargo pants with a bunch of pockets and he went through each one...front, back, top, bottom.

Haha Im glad Axl said that.

He caught me at wembley taking pictures, I about died haha. although he just stared, patiace and PC it was on. And some other songs the second night.

Although at hammersmith there was leaflets giving out before the show saying GNR managemeant own copywrite to the songs and no recording devices or camera to be used. They uses torches to flash out camera, dickhead security.

Edited by Axl_morris