Chinese Democracy sales

Bromle

There has always been and I guess untill the album is released there will be alot of threads about Chinese Democracy and how well it will do on the charts and how many records it will sell. I must say that people are hyping this album up more then some fanatic christian are hyping the return of christ (for christ sake).

This is not going to revolutionise the music industry. It is going to be a good album that we fans will really like and it will draw attention to the band and people will buy and like it. But it will not outsell AFD. And it will sure as hell not outsell Thriller.

Why are people thinking that this will bring GNR back to the haydays in the early 90s. This is a record, not a time machine. The music industri etc aren't like it was back then.

And how will the reveiws of the album be. Well, my prediction is that it will be well recived by most. Many reveiws will start with a quick GNR history pointing out Axl as the badboy, and a ego for keeping the name. Then they will talk about how long the album took to make. And finally they will talk about the song and album.

The reason for the first two points is for the critics to show off their knowlage to the world. That they know what is going on with this band. (even thought they don't)

So my prediction will be that the album will be good and a sucsess. But not a freakin revolution ;)

[/rant]

PS: Guess this might go in dust and bones rather quick :confused:

There has always been and I guess untill the album is released there will be alot of threads about Chinese Democracy and how well it will do on the charts and how many records it will sell. I must say that people are hyping this album up more then some fanatic christian are hyping the return of christ (for christ sake).

This is not going to revolutionise the music industry. It is going to be a good album that we fans will really like and it will draw attention to the band and people will buy and like it. But it will not outsell AFD. And it will sure as hell not outsell Thriller.

Why are people thinking that this will bring GNR back to the haydays in the early 90s. This is a record, not a time machine. The music industri etc aren't like it was back then.

And how will the reveiws of the album be. Well, my prediction is that it will be well recived by most. Many reveiws will start with a quick GNR history pointing out Axl as the badboy, and a ego for keeping the name. Then they will talk about how long the album took to make. And finally they will talk about the song and album.

The reason for the first two points is for the critics to show off their knowlage to the world. That they know what is going on with this band. (even thought they don't)

So my prediction will be that the album will be good and a sucsess. But not a freakin revolution ;)

[/rant]

6500 posts and you still haven't figured out how to use spell checker :rolleyes:

50 million copies after 15 years is my rough guess. Just sitting next to the other albums will make people buy it. Especially if it's as good as it sounds from the leaks, live shows. Axl is the industry now, it's gonna be a cakewalk.

i'll say it like a angry n00b says it:

SHUT UP YOU F@G! YOU CANT TELL THE FUTURE, YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD THE REAL ALBUM YET!

i'll fix my caps lock later.

[/rant]

6500 posts and you still haven't figured out how to use spell checker :rolleyes:

mygnrforum.com has i spell checker :o:o:o:o

people have to tell me these things

[/rant]

Bromle, you have made some great points in this post (which shouldn't go to Dustin Bones all that quick), but there are a few things that don't fit correctly. First of all, it's a HUGE understatement to say it will not outsell AFD, but like you mentioned later in the post, we are living in different times now...aka, the download era. If it weren’t for that, I would guess it would come close to AFD.

The next thing is that it's also an understatement to say it will not outsell thriller. Jackamo laughed at that because it was his thread that asked that question...But we all know Jackamo is FAR AWAY from the best oiled gun in this arsenry and isn't taken seriously. Not to bash Jackamo, I’m sure he has his reasons for having the sights a bit off on his barrel, he is a comedic character at least.

Chinese Democracy Will be revolutionary...many artists will be inspired by this monstrosity that Axl has created and I will bet my left ball that after CD comes out you will see more bands start to migrate towards Axl's direction. The new music is grand and full. A continuation of the illusion era and it will blow everyone away.

Everything else I agree with for the most part, about the critics especially, they are simply writing words for a paycheck and they will have a field day with bad jokes and one liners when CD does come out.

On another note, I see Matt13 posted his usual negative comment despite the fact that this is about the best post of the week. With that in mind I would like to say this:

Matt13 you are a complete fuckhead. Mr. Bromle came up with a great point here and of course you found something to bitch about. I find it funny that you complain all the time about the forum having a bunch of idiots here...the reason being is that you are the KING of all the Fucking idiots here. You are as useless as tits on a ball. A ball of negativity and fuckheadedness, I have never encountered a man with his head so far up his ass as you. You bitch and whine worse than any of my Ex girlfriends on the rag. Big fucking deal, his post had a few typos in it, so do a lot of yours and anyone’s. Go straight to hell you miserable grumpy white faced lazy eyed fuckheaded loser...maybe you will be happier their, because you are obviously condemned to be miserable and let out your anger and misery here. Fuck You.

A8R

Edited by allen8r

Damn right. im a die hard g n r fan. iv got so much stuff n even a gnr tattoo on me arm. seein em at download was the best live experience of my life. i dunno if it was the whiskey or the weed or the mixture of em but they were fuckin amazing. but the download crowd, probably the main audience for a new classic metal album, was shit. the general concensus at the festival was that gnr was dead. walkin back to my tent as fucked as i was, i got shouted at by a number of people sayin sumfin along the lines of "u fuckin idiots, whyd u go see a sell out kareoke band?" the camp site was pretty full of people who obviously didnt even bother to walk 100 yards to see one of the gr8est bands of our time. ufortuneatley, they have become a joke. the sales of chinese democracy will be to fans and the curious. unles theres a huge publicity push, with a solid single witch wud convert old fans and recruit new ones. if it does come out this year, it will do well but wudnt even get in the top 10 i recon.

even peopeiv met at uni who love gnr laugh when i say i saw em at download. an they cant even b bothered 2 listen 2 the new songs. gnr r very much the biggest band around for their fans, but people on here need to realise that the general public will not respond to chinese dempocracy without huge critcal aclaim which they wont get from the current press without significant push....we got 2 realise the time and money put into this album, at the end of the days this is a buissness. they wont do ne fing just for the fans.

Edited by Use_your_illusions

The next thing is that it's also an understatement to say it will not outsell thriller. Jackamo laughed at that because it was his thread that asked that question...But we all know Jackamo is FAR AWAY from the best oiled gun in this arsenry and isn't taken seriously. Not to bash Jackamo, I’m sure he has his reasons for having the sights a bit off on his barrel, he is a comedic character at least.

A8R

Yeah.. that was a joke thread..... if you read all of it you would of seen how ridiculous it was.....

A8R

Yeah.. that was a joke thread..... if you read all of it you would of seen how ridiculous it was.....

I know man, thats what i was getting at using satirical humore commonly found on familly guy and some of my drunken ramblings after making a bottle of Jack Daniels a part of my biographical story.

A8R

[/rant]

and you, my friend haven't learned to read numbers :rolleyes: As for how well CD will sell, predicting got nobody anywhere unless you are a bookie or a weatherman.... let's just wait and see!

Matt13 you are a complete fuckhead. Mr. Bromle came up with a great point here and of course you found something to bitch about. I find it funny that you complain all the time about the forum having a bunch of idiots here...the reason being is that you are the KING of all the Fucking idiots here. You are as useless as tits on a ball. A ball of negativity and fuckheadedness, I have never encountered a man with his head so far up his ass as you. You bitch and whine worse than any of my Ex girlfriends on the rag. Big fucking deal, his post had a few typos in it, so do a lot of yours and anyone’s. Go straight to hell you miserable grumpy white faced lazy eyed fuckheaded loser...maybe you will be happier their, because you are obviously condemned to be miserable and let out your anger and misery here. Fuck You.

A8R

LOL...nice, that was hilarious. You rant better than Axl... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

[/rant]

1100 post and you are still an ass. Spell this: you are an asshole. Take your stupid fucking comments and stick them up your ass you spelling B champion. Not everyone comes from America.

A8R

LOL...nice, that was hilarious. You rant better than Axl... :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Thank you...I must admitt it was rather satisfying...and ranting better than Axl? Thats Definately a compliment worth remembering. rock3

A8R