QOTSA -- Lullabies to Paralyze!

motownjunkie

just listening to it now, its such a solid album, it has this middle eastern flavoured guitar style going on like josh normally has but its a little darker because baldy oliveri left the band.

first ten songs are vintage queens of the stone age, its like a combination of the screaming trees meets queens.

but i would love to see the next album feature more of mark lanegan ....

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 31 2006, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Over rated. The only really good part i hear is the song Burn The Withch, with your man from ZZtop. His name escapes me now...

It's hardly overrated, considering next to nobody talks about it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated.

Kickass album, but I kind of get the feeling that Josh Homme is on cruise control for most of it.

'Songs For The Deaf' just seems a lot more fun and spontaneous. Nick Oliveri really added something different to the band - not just vocally, he had that element of danger about him and rocked like a fucker*.

Crap album. The old ones were better.

how can you say that? ....i find it hard to believe that a music fan could dislike at least half of the album, particularly, burn the witch, tangled up in plaid, everyone knows your insane, little sister, in the wolf, broken box, they are so infectious

the reason why it may come across as autopliot is because there is no nick oliveri playing thump bass, its a different band now, i think those who know about the screaming trees understand where im coming from because its more in that vein.

songs for the deaf is my least favourite and while it has some of their best work, millionaire, first it giveth, no one knows. as an album its a complete mess, where as ® and lullabies are more of a concept album with tight songs all the way through.

Crap album. The old ones were better.

how can you say that? ....i find it hard to believe that a music fan could dislike at least half of the album, particularly, burn the witch, tangled up in plaid, everyone knows your insane, little sister, in the wolf, broken box, they are so infectious

the reason why it may come across as autopliot is because there is no nick oliveri playing thump bass, its a different band now, i think those who know about the screaming trees understand where im coming from because its more in that vein.

songs for the deaf is my least favourite and while it has some of their best work, millionaire, first it giveth, no one knows. as an album its a complete mess, where as ® and lullabies are more of a concept album with tight songs all the way through.

*Shrugs* I listened to it a couple times and nothing really grabbed me.

To be honest, I thought the best thing about it was the clip for Everybody Knows That You're Insane. I'll have a listen to the songs you pointed out anyway.

*Shrugs* I listened to it a couple times and nothing really grabbed me.

I felt the same at first. But like with 90% of the music I purchase, I persevered and it's pretty funky. I haven't listened to it in ages... maybe I need to replace the 6 CDs in my in-car changer and listen to some random discs that I haven't heard in a while. :)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 31 2006, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Over rated. The only really good part i hear is the song Burn The Withch, with your man from ZZtop. His name escapes me now...

It's hardly overrated, considering next to nobody talks about it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated.

Am, well over hear every tom dick and harry talked and talked about it for fucking months, do i went and i bought it. So it is safe to say that where im from it is over rated and its only my opinion anyways...

• 5 months later...
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 31 2006, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Where I come from Josh Homme can do no wrong, and it is always talked about. Many even say its better than SFTD. Even my own father thinks this. So I think I'm right in saying it's over rated...

I've allways thought that this was QOTSA inntill recently. I've started listening to it more and more, and damnit.. This album is awsome.

It's maybe their best release. It's really really good.

Everybody Knows That You're Insane <3

Bunch of Pidgoens Of Shit metal impersonators...

I hope you're joking.

Anyway. It is an excellent album. I would even go as far to say that it is better than Songs for the Deaf. It has that quality where you can listen to every track over-and-over ("Tangled Up in Plaid" and "I Never Came" stuck in my skull for months after I bought it), whereas some tracks on Songs for the Deaf fall flat ("Six Shooter" and "Another Love Song," especially). But with that said, I do miss Oliveri and Lanegan :( .

Edited by Biz Markie.

whereas some tracks on Songs for the Deaf fall flat ("Six Shooter" and "Another Love Song," especially).

:o

Two glass eyes!

I'll fuckin' tell you lies!

I'm on the side of the road!

You're gonna fuckin' die!

Yeah!

Yeah!

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! POW!

Fuck this world!

Fuck you too!

I'll fuckin' kill your best friend!

What you fuckin' gonna do?!

Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! POW!

Second best song behind You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar. :lol: