Lack of noise???

Neondion1

New to the forum and this may be an old topic but very disappointed that the show in this area (Huntington WV) has absolutely NO PUBLICITY. I live in KY and if not looking at Pollstar would have no idea about g-n-r coming....none. I talked to the local rock station here about not letting the word and they said they had only heard about it through another person yesterday (10/30). They seemed kind of upset that g-n-r or their PR peeps had not let anyone know. This should be an awesome show and it is just a shame that the house might be only half full due to the lack of PR....especially on a Friday night! It would really be nice to go to a sold out venue as it just makes it 100 times better for all.

Who is the actual tour promoter? Clear channel, or are GNR tryin to tour without a promoter? Think about it, there has been little or promotion. The band are probably saving a fortume. Plus no promoter would risk it after last time. Just my opinion...

It is kinda weird. If it were not for these boards, i wouldn't know what was going on in the world of Gn'R. At a guess, the only people who visit Gn'R boards are fans of Gn'R with internet access. I wonder how many fans that is? Outside the world of the internet it's not like music magazines mention Gn'R all that often and when they do it tends to be old stories with photo's of the old band. Slash is the one member (ex member) who appears from time to time (usually on the cover of a guitar magazine). While Chinese Democracy means alot to the Gn'R fans that still take an interest in Gn'R, i sense the rest of the world probably doesn't even know they exist.