BEHIND THE CURTAIN WITH GN'R Discussion Thread

Vadin

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Del says log off the internet and reconnect with the real world.

You are overanalyzing things again. He played on them doesn't mean he recorded on them for the album, it means they played them, probably for airing in the shows once things gear up.

Read the article, dumbass. It says they recorded parts that WILL appear on CD.

It's about time someone in the GNR camp spoke up and shot down some of these complainers. Hats off to Del James and GNR... great read, that settled A LOT.

funny how suddenly theres a reaction from management/band on these message boards. First Axl's rant, now this article. I don't know but why do they even care about people here? If I were Axl I'd just ignore them and not post a fuckin article about how my fans have no real life. This is ridiculous!

So, even those of us that ARE coming out to shows and those of us that came out to the shows in 2002, don't have the right to want to see the setlist switched up a little bit? I don't really bitch about what they play ( i didn't expect the set to get switched up too much), but i think some of us DO have the right to question certain things. While i found the article to be a decent read, it just kinda came off to me as a " don't make fun of us" type article, and he (Del) seemed kind of defensive. The part about GnR hitting the stage after 10, well the original press release said SHORTLY after 10, some people probably didn't think that meant 11:30-Midnite. I, for one, expect a wait, but the general non-messageboard public probably doesn't. To say that these comments come from people that aren't going to the shows is just stupid. Sure, that applies to some people, but the majority of us do seem to be attending atleast 1 show- based on what i've seen.

Just seemed like a big fuck you to most of the people on the boards, which just so happens to be their "die-hard" fanbase. Not smart, IMO.

cool to here some facts coming from the gnr camp, it's a good idea by guns to try and keep the fans more in the loop, it cuts down rumors before they start, but del!.......i would go to shows if they ever played in aus lol i'd stop giving fans shit as well, this isn't 1991, maybe del should get back in the real world and not stay hidden in his gnr shell!.

Edited by aussie_axl

I wonder if it was hard for Del James to write that while kissing Axl's ass at the same time.

Wow, this has been said before so I'll just repeat. This whole "Guns N' Roses family" thing has turned into one giant group of yes men. Axl signs their paychecks and in return takes all of their independent thoughts and opinions. And now Del James, on payroll mind you, is writing an article about "how things really are."

And with regards to Slash and Duff... what "vision" of GNR was never theirs??!!! It must have been the whole 13 years of silence since TSI. Maybe Axl is trying to wait until all the old fans die off and start fresh in 2087.

And last I checked, that last Guns album featured both of them. So what is he saying? That the overall vision of Guns N' Roses is "Oh My God"?! That's just great.

Del James has turned into such a yes man that if Slash running GNR and Axl were out, he'd write something bashing Axl. Anything to get paid.

And then he goes on talking about how rock n' roll is an all nite party that's rebellious and non-conformist, then in the next paragraph he's talking about yoga, chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy?!! Rock n' roll forever baby!

This whole thing is just getting sadder and more discouraging.

I wonder if it was hard for Del James to write that while kissing Axl's ass at the same time.

Wow, this has been said before so I'll just repeat. This whole "Guns N' Roses family" thing has turned into one giant group of yes men. Axl signs their paychecks and in return takes all of their independent thoughts and opinions. And now Del James, on payroll mind you, is writing an article about "how things really are."

And with regards to Slash and Duff... what "vision" of GNR was never theirs??!!! It must have been the whole 13 years of silence since TSI. Maybe Axl is trying to wait until all the old fans die off and start fresh in 2087.

And last I checked, that last Guns album featured both of them. So what is he saying? That the overall vision of Guns N' Roses is "Oh My God"?! That's just great.

Del James has turned into such a yes man that if Slash running GNR and Axl were out, he'd write something bashing Axl. Anything to get paid.

And then he goes on talking about how rock n' roll is an all nite party that's rebellious and non-conformist, then in the next paragraph he's talking about yoga, chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy?!! Rock n' roll forever baby!

i totally agree. good post, rock N roll yoga! hardcore baby!. and axl will be in a cane in 3 years, sorry but the fans will still be around, i don't see a heap of teens flocking to guns, i see them going to 50 cent ! or some other rap crap.

Hats off to Del James. He inspired me to write short stories.

This article is a relief for anyone wonder what GNR is. Finally we have something, some truth. So we don't have to speculate. Only thing I would take issue with is his innernet comment.

I've been to GNR shows and in all honesty out of the 40,000 people there I'd say only 2,000 people know enough about the band to actually be real fans. Not posting about GNR doesnt make you a real GNR fan.

It's an old man's paranoia about the internet. It's the 21st Century, GNR will have to learn to deal with the fuckers on the internet cos it's the best way to connect with rock n roll.

And also why do people speculate about setlists is cos it's wrong and there is no explanation given. True GNR fans say what they think about the band. You say it ain't McDonalds but it's looking like fast food rock for lobotomy fans who go to one show a year. That's not rebellion.

At least the fans didn't treat GNR's unwanted Illusions like the band does. Play us that Paul mcCartney song one more time.

But agree to disagree, hombre.

I think its great to hear from the band, and there is no better way than from Del. He's somthing of the band's historian (I believe he selected the Live Era performances after cataloguing all the soundboard tapes), and I trust what he has to say. Ppl need to cut the band a break, and I agree that it would be nice to hear some news, but I really think something is right around the corner. If it bugs you so much, dont check the boards for a day or two, and come back, and maybe something will have hit! Thats what I do when i get fed up with no new news!

dude, are you serious? i really can't understand how you could form such an opinion...

Wow, this has been said before so I'll just repeat. This whole "Guns N' Roses family" thing has turned into one giant group of yes men. Axl signs their paychecks and in return takes all of their independent thoughts and opinions.

Can you really imagine someone like Del James, or anyone else closely related to the band, publishing "free thoughts" that criticize GN'R? I mean, honestly, what do you think they would say? Of course they are obviously going to play up the band- people tend to play up most things they enjoy and are passionate about...

I mean... just... ????

...but it's a positive thing that people want to hear other songs, isnt it? It would be way worse if people were saying I don't play anything boys. It's almost a testament to the new band that fans want them to play stuff from Illusions, it's acceptance. But yeah I know they don't care, right?

A strom in a tea cup.

Great post, I couldn't agree anymore.

Would really expect Del to say something negative when he's in Axl's back pocket?

Yup this is a real band. Now that Brian's going to be getting his royalties he ditches the band. I guess GNR just a paycheck to him.

It's sad that GNR has turned into a revolving door of studio musicians.

So now Frank's a member of GNR :rolleyes:

GNR is turning into a big fucking joke

:fuckyou: