BEHIND THE CURTAIN WITH GN'R Discussion Thread

Vadin

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the hell is this article?? All i see when i go to the official site is some pic of Axl at the Hammerstein and some tour information.

Check the band's myspace - I can't find it on the official site either, but it's on their myspace announcements thing.

Can you link me to there???

hmm let's see, Balck sheep "Better" gets posted then pulled, now this gets posted with the set list picture and is then pulled. If any of you think this is being done by accident I have to laugh. THis is GnR.

This band has never being about the fans ever. It is always the music.

As for the stabs at Duff and Slash they are not aimed at them they are aimed at those on these boards who say it is not GnR without Slash bla bla bla. Also Slash has even stated that he left because Axl and him had a diffrent vision of GnR.

As for starting late... Sorry any club show you go to headliners come on at 11:30pm. The exception to this is if the band is being promoted by a Beer company or something like that.

GnR is simply staying true to to when Rock bands used to come onto stage. Now everything is being dictated to mass market and GnR is saying fuck you to that. I aplaude them for that.

I do however think they should state the band never gets on stage before 10pm. However anyone can come onto these message boards and find out in about 2 seconds that GnR does not hit the stage until after 11p m

Where the hell is this article?? All i see when i go to the official site is some pic of Axl at the Hammerstein and some tour information.

its still on the website..

you just need a direct link..

just like this one-->click..

though..its minus the set-list pic..so it seems.. :book:

Thanx. I just found it here. myspace gunsnroses

(i don't know if this is the official myspace for the band but it seems to)

its still on the website..

you just need a direct link..

just like this one-->click..

though..its minus the set-list pic..so it seems.. :book:

Thanx. I just found it here. myspace gunsnroses

(i don't know if this is the official myspace for the band but it seems to)

It is the official myspace page for Gn'R rock3

What i realy like of this article is this part:

After Monday night's rehearsal, Axl and Guns N' Roses manager Merck Mercuriadis went over to catch some of the Eric Clapton concert because as it turns out, Axl's friend, guitarist Derek Trucks, is playing in Clapton's band. From there, Axl met up with most of Guns N' Roses at a South Beach hotspot called Snatch. For the uninitiated, Snatch is a club that blends hard rock and funk with classics. Snatch also has a mechanical bull, performance artists, drag queens, and super fine go-go dancers all getting their freak on. Now some people might frown upon a rock band staying out all night, drinking up a storm and dancing before the very first show of a tour but this is Guns N' Roses. Conformity will never be a part of the equation. No one in this band got into the music business to punch a time clock or worry about hangovers. It's not rocket science, it's rock n' roll, and seeing Dizzy Reed, Robin Finck, Axl, Tommy, Frank, and Bumblefoot drinking, mingling, and dancing until the sun came up was a beautiful scene of a rock band bonding. And that's what Guns N' Roses 2006 are -- a band!

We read all these articles in the press about Axl partying after a show without knowing what the rest of the guys are doing. These articles gave us a wrong image about the band and what they do when they are not on stage. It's realy nice to read that they enjoying themself as friends.

Axl is having fun, with a bunch of nice people who he likes .. Isnt that what all of us want?

Be happy for him .. I personally don't care if I hear anything new .. The man is happy ... If you a fan, a real fan, then you'd leave it there

Axl is having fun, with a bunch of nice people who he likes .. Isnt that what all of us want?

Be happy for him .. I personally don't care if I hear anything new .. The man is happy ... If you a fan, a real fan, then you'd leave it there

Umm... I'm a fan of Guns N' Roses' music, not of Axl's personal level of happiness. I mean yeah I wish him well and all that and certainly hope he's enjoying his life, but him being a social butterfly isn't why I'm here.

it doesnt matter what you want .. im not being mean or sarcastoc

if axl weren't happy or at minimum content then you know what we'd have? 14 more years of silence .. cuz the man doesnt owe you or me one fucking thing ..

the fact that we've been blessed with any new songs is just that .. a blessing .. you can flame me out all you want, but years of my own hatred towards others has lead me here ..

Ive said it before and i'll say it again .. Axl is Axl .. im glad the man is happy .. thats what a real fan would want .. If i get new music terrific .. If i get old music played for me then you know what, be blessed you get o see one of the greatest frontman's ever bless you with his presence ..

Otherwise, go crank up your stereo and wonder what could have been

I knew they'd pull the picture - so I saved it as soon as I saw it. It's up on imageshack in the Newswire article. :)

top shit, good thinking, why dont they clear it with the ginger nutter first before pissing him off! Why pull the entire article, surely axl would have seen what del had written 1st. welcom to the world of gnr i suppose,!!! crazy!

Ok, i saw this last night before i went to bed then get up this morning and its disappeared!

Having checked gnrs myspace and finding it still being there (minus pic) i rekon that it was never meant to be posted and kept on the official site, it is a blog entry after all, its written as a blog entry, ill update when i can etc.... Anyway, thye prob juts put it on the main site to "announce" that it was there, thye new wed find it when moved. The new gnr site does not seem like the place for any updated blog style entries. More of a news / tour update / vidoes place.

The picture will have been there juts to take the piss, and grab our attention. Anyway, it worked!

Is that setl;ist genuine do we think??? i mean, theyve played shit loads of shows this year, (40??) and never touched rhiad, although weve seen that on setlist pics on previous occasions this year. Sure we will soon see!

Edited by bangit

im not gonna copy things from other posts ...

i am an Axl fan .. I want to hear everything possibly recorded by the guy, but you know what I rather him be happy .. he wasnt happy with his own life, and wasnt happy with his life with the "other" band members .. Everyone chooses their path in life, he chose his .. Years ago I chose mine, Id say its time you chose yours ..

Support him or not .. That YOUR choice

As for feeling stupid about something someone from the GNR camp said, again Im way to drunk and lazy to copy the original statement, but ...

no one was taking a shot at you, Del James was saying the same thing Axl said years ago . Live your life, if Chinese Democracy comes out then take joy and pleasure in it (i will), if it doesn't come out then don't let someone else define your life ... live your life for you, not for someone else ..

It's been long enough for me that I'm content .. If I hear new music Im gonna be content, if I don't, then I'll have heard unmixed demos, and those unmixed demos made my life that much nicer ...

Axl's lyrics mirrored my life 15 years ago, and they mirror mine now .. But I live my life for me, do the same for yourself ...

Nice post,Iamme.I agree with you for the most part.However,Dels comments,specifically the part where he doesn't consider the members here "real" fans,well ... with the exception of a bitter few,thats just ridiculous.I can understand the importance of pleasing yourself as an artist,doing what your comfortable with doing.I'm not even going to speculate here,but obviously,Axl had alot to work through (emotionally,I'm sure) to get to where he is today,and whether or not you consider the current tour what "you" wanted,well ... in my mind,in his,as well as many others,it's already a triumph;Because #1,most importantly,Axl Rose is among us once again,with new material on the horizon and following up on a tour that never materialized.To be honest with you,I expected to wait a hell of alot longer than 4 years to see him again.Fortunately,we have,and for whatever reason,this board (as well as htgth) has become a war zone.

Anyways,my point is ... That while the majority of the people there (meaning those in attendance) could care less about our "set list concerns",I'm pretty certain that what Del refers to as "real fans",probably don't have the slightest fucking clue as to what we've been waiting for.In their minds,I'm assuming they actually go expecting to see Slash,Duff,Etc.Personally,I've never expressed any concern regarding the current setlist.Sure,I'd like to see it mixed up a bit,but I can understand why it's not.So while Del makes alot of sense,at the same time,he should be careful who he points the finger at.All of us here,for the most part support Axl and just want to see things done right.We know all too well about patience,and compared to the average joe,who doesen't even know what the fuck Chinese Democracy is,who is Axl going to want/need on his side here? It's a shame that it's gotten this far,that word from a freakin message board got to Axl,and that it's now "us" against "them".I say you just fucking cool it and try reminding yourselves that there was a time ... 1997,1998,1999,2001 and so forth that we had NOTHING! So suck it in and just be grateful for what we've got.I know I am.

Edited by Estrangedfx

there was a time ... 1997,1998,1999,2001 and so forth that we had NOTHING! So suck it in and just be grateful for what we've got.

exactly.

and what makes things even better is that its Del who is sending us feedback....a figure who we all know, and a lot of us respect him for his gnr work in the past....its not some lame ass PR agent who is writing to us...its del james.

i don't think his thing was written very well though, and i don't like the "real" fans comment either....fuck that, if it wasn't for these forums, i'd have no clue what is going on with gnr....and i fucking spent my last cent to fly to Europe to see him this year...so...it doesn't appear to me that del knows anything about what its like to be a gnr fan in the 21st century....

do you think that perhaps axl and slash really did have contrasting visions or ideas after use your illusion, perhaps slash just wanted to play cliche rock n roll same ol guns n roses sound, take "velvet revolver" for instance ...a great band but they sound exactly how you would expect in the vein of guns roses meets the stone temple pilots, but it looks like Axl wanted to take it into a more alternative innovative direction .....listen to "better" for example. maybe im wrong but didnt slash say last year that he was eager to hear "chinese democracy" ...so even though there is bad blood he's still interested in GNR, if this new GNR sounded exactly like old era GNR then i wouldnt really care because that means its not progressive, but the fact that its a new direction and more appropriate for this period in music, its why im still interested, thats not to say i wouldnt want the original GNR still together

Edited by motownjunkie